chox

The burden of the US economic crisis on Filipinos

481 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
ughhhh...who besides Marilyn (I like you Marilyn) but who besides Marilyn and you ladies wants to stay home and be their husband's maid? I mean seriously. Who would put up with a husband that wants them to stay home? I'd rather my husband want me to be challenged in my job and work hard so I don't get bored with it and I'm happy. I also think you should challenge each other and push each other to be better. I'm not into this ####### where the wife isn't as important as the husband just because she is a woman. #### that sh*t!

Amby - I am so very proud of you kiddo :thumbs:

If people are happy tending house and serving their partners -- good for them. I personally could not ever think about it - no way in hell. And my husband would have never married me if I did. To each its own. But do not even attempt to tell me that since I work outside the home in a challenging and intellectually demanding environment I am a bad wife, because that is absolute bullsh1t. Like Tavo said, this is not the freaking XV century. Deal with it.

I don't think anybody said that in this thread.. it is the stay at home wives that are getting the bum-rap here... :unsure:

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
and what if she likes doing things for you? what if she likes being a slave for you? you'll be lying if you tell me you wont love it, hahaha!

Are you freaking kidding me!!! PEOPLE HAVE DIED to get rid of that DAMN term in this country. I'm sorry but slavery was abolished by Abraham Lincoln in 1862.

Edited by GueraYTavo

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

As for calling each other husband and wife, without being married... good luck with that!

Yeah, in fact, do that during your K-1 consular interview, and you'll get a big fat DENIED stamp.

again again again...

DONT WORRY, I AM NOT THAT STUPID hehehe... got some brain here too you know :)

not to be overly rude but...ummm....yeah you seem to be THAT stupid

Guess all her other gang members are busy taking care of their hubbies, fixing their lunches, and providing other required services!!! :blush:

Your wife doesn't do the same for you? You poor guy!

question ... how much care does a husband really need from the home front while he is away from home ... your know ... working?

someone to get his coffee? get his tools? walk him to the lavatory? reheat the food/open the lunchbox?

:lol:

personally I always walk my SO to the lavatory but that's only because he's so drunk he can't get there without assistance

like what i have said, people can think whatever they want, they are entitled to that, you can think im stupid, ugly, whatever,

but, i personally think that those people who look down on others are more stupid, :)

trying to defend myself doesnt make me stupid :)

do you really think i will tell the CO that my petitioner is my "husband"? :rofl: im sorry, but whose stupid now? :)

Why Do I Love To Cook?

I love to make people happy and amazingly enough nothing can put a big satisfied smile on someones face after a good hearty meal. That's why I love to cook.

Pinoy Recipe

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 06/23/08

I-129F NOA1 : 07/03/08

Touched: 07/01/08

Touched: 07/11/08

Touched: 10/09/08 NOA2

NOA2 hard copy: 10/18/08

I-129F left NVC: 10/16/08

NVC letter: 10/21/08

USEM received the papers: 10/23/08

Physical exam at SLEC: 11/06-07/08 - Passed

Appointment letter received: 11/10/08

Interview schedule: 11/14/08 - Passed

Visa Received : 11/22/2008... thank God...

US Entry : 12/03/2008

Marriage : 02/14/2008

POE: Guam

another one that's clueless. do us all a favor and read the whole thread. :bonk:

I did read and follow the link and I did not see your name in the Moderator list. And yet you are allowed to move topics. You even leave the sign "mbc". What does that make you then?

I'm sorry but I don't usually go out of the Philippine forum so even if I am an old-timer, I am not familiar with the personalities here.

But I'm certainly enjoying OT and having fun. I get to practice my English and debating skills (if ever you can call this debating).

Bring it on. :star:

Filed: Timeline
Guess all her other gang members are busy taking care of their hubbies, fixing their lunches, and providing other required services!!! :blush:

Your wife doesn't do the same for you? You poor guy!

Poor?

What do you mean with poor guy? Personally, I don't like my wife to do anything for me that I am able to do, I'm not mentally nor physically challenged. I was born with 2 hands, 2 legs, 2 eyes and a brain. At the same time, I wouldn't like a wife that wants me to do things for her that would be physically possible to do by herself.

Heavy loads, time constraints, kids, etc.. that's a different story and I'd be more than happy to give her a hand.

I married my wife because I love her, not because I was missing a maid and needed a clean house and a full stomach.

and what if she likes doing things for you? what if she likes being a slave for you? you'll be lying if you tell me you wont love it, hahaha!

You have serious issues - if you are trying to defend house wives you are doing them much more harm by demeaning what they do. Not one of the house-spouses I know refers to him/herself as SLAVES. What a load of #######. Slavery is, by the way, illegal --- but I guess they don't teach you that where you come from.

sorry for the term, hehehe, but is there any other term milder than that? hahaha!

dont dwell on the word, the point is, you'll be lying if you tell me that you wont love it if your precious lovely wife would gladly do things for you, dont you? :)

Are you freaking kidding me!!! PEOPLE HAVE DIED to get rid of that DAMN term in this country. I'm sorry but slavery was abolished by Abraham Lincoln in 1865.

Why Do I Love To Cook?

I love to make people happy and amazingly enough nothing can put a big satisfied smile on someones face after a good hearty meal. That's why I love to cook.

Pinoy Recipe

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 06/23/08

I-129F NOA1 : 07/03/08

Touched: 07/01/08

Touched: 07/11/08

Touched: 10/09/08 NOA2

NOA2 hard copy: 10/18/08

I-129F left NVC: 10/16/08

NVC letter: 10/21/08

USEM received the papers: 10/23/08

Physical exam at SLEC: 11/06-07/08 - Passed

Appointment letter received: 11/10/08

Interview schedule: 11/14/08 - Passed

Visa Received : 11/22/2008... thank God...

US Entry : 12/03/2008

Marriage : 02/14/2008

POE: Guam

Filed: Timeline
ughhhh...who besides Marilyn (I like you Marilyn) but who besides Marilyn and you ladies wants to stay home and be their husband's maid? I mean seriously. Who would put up with a husband that wants them to stay home? I'd rather my husband want me to be challenged in my job and work hard so I don't get bored with it and I'm happy. I also think you should challenge each other and push each other to be better. I'm not into this ####### where the wife isn't as important as the husband just because she is a woman. #### that sh*t!

If people are happy tending house and serving their partners -- good for them. I personally could not ever think about it - no way in hell. And my husband would have never married me if I did. To each its own. But do not even attempt to tell me that since I work outside the home in a challenging and intellectually demanding environment I am a bad wife, because that is absolute bullsh1t. Like Tavo said, this is not the freaking XV century. Deal with it.

I don't think anybody said that in this thread.. it is the stay at home wives that are getting the bum-rap here... :unsure:

See my post above this one sister. I know you will agree that house-spouses do not use terms as SLAVE to refer to themselves. And if they do, they are fvkced up. You know I respect house-spouses a lot (women OR men) - it is hard freaking work; one that I am not willing to do :no:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
another one that's clueless. do us all a favor and read the whole thread. :bonk:

I did read and follow the link and I did not see your name in the Moderator list. And yet you are allowed to move topics. You even leave the sign "mbc". What does that make you then?

I'm sorry but I don't usually go out of the Philippine forum so even if I am an old-timer, I am not familiar with the personalities here.

But I'm certainly enjoying OT and having fun. I get to practice my English and debating skills (if ever you can call this debating).

Bring it on. :star:

:secret: to answer that question in bold - an organizer

you might even notice that next to Group: Members ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

See my post above this one sister. I know you will agree that house-spouses do not use terms as SLAVE to refer to themselves. And if they do, they are fvkced up. You know I respect house-spouses a lot (women OR men) - it is hard freaking work; one that I am not willing to do :no:

nope, slave is not a word I use for myself in my present housewife status :no:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

what is wrong with wanting to be a stay at home wife and or mother??

I have zero problems with women who work outside of the home...

I would be out of a job if all mothers stayed home :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
sorry for the term, hehehe, but is there any other term milder than that? hahaha!

dont dwell on the word, the point is, you'll be lying if you tell me that you wont love it if your precious lovely wife would gladly do things for you, dont you? :)

Are you freaking kidding me!!! PEOPLE HAVE DIED to get rid of that DAMN term in this country. I'm sorry but slavery was abolished by Abraham Lincoln in 1865.

ARE YOU READING WHAT I'M WRITINGGGGGGG?

I won't be happy because AGAIN, I'm not mentally nor physically challenged. I'm capable to iron, wash, sweep, mop, cut the grass, everything as she is able to as well. There has to be a balance of chores, i know, but to expect the wife to do every single one of them, that's ludacris

I understand it's kind of difficult for you to believe me because your culture is different, but I can assure you there are men like me in this country that married a woman for what she IS NOT for what she can DO.

Edited by GueraYTavo

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview