Machiavillain

Third K1 Visa

574 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
6'3" and 215 is not "conventionally considered overweight". It is healthy for a man to have this shape. I am 5'9" and 205, carry it all above the waist because i used to lift a lot, and am still muscle bound. You might call me "overweight", but I would then in turn challenge you and your 3 best friends to an arm-wrestling match, simultaneously.

Seriously, a 5'2" 150 pound woman is a lot more overweight than a 6'3" 215 pound man.

My wife is 5'1" and 105. Her figure is part of the attraction that resulted in our marriage. Whether you like it or not, mennot all men are attracted to women that are not overweight.

just corrected your broad, all encompassing statement :D

pun intended?

unintended

:P

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, my husband is an actor. Some years, he makes a decent wage. Some years, he makes almost nothing. Do you want to know how much I give a damn? Zilch. I knew this when I met him and I still married him. I am the breadwinner for now. I make enough money for him not to work, but he wants to and he does. He contributes as he can, but doesn't take for granted the sacrifices I make. He is an artist and being an artist's wife, it comes with the territory.

Personally, I cannot think of a single female American friend of mine who honestly gives a rat's ####### how much a man is making as long as he is trying to make something of himself and isn't slobbed out on the sofa, watching Cops and America's Dumbest Criminals, in lieu of work. Where all these grasping golddiggers are I have no idea, unless you're trying to pick up 20-year-olds at a pool hall.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Seriously, a 5'2" 150 pound woman is a lot more overweight than a 6'3" 215 pound man.

I dunno about that one.

Unless you're allowing for deducting for an empty brain cavity, a puffed-up ego, and a big mouth.

:rofl:

I am an american woman. I was married to a man that made more than 18K. I also dated men that were wealthy. I have seen both sides of the spectrum. I will take a man any day that makes 18K a year that treats me with love and respect than a man that is worth millions and treats me like a doormat.

Is that the answer you expected? Well it is 100% the truth.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
And for those that say "princess women expect a man to financially support that"...I worked hard, studied- great career and I've never, ever asked nor expected a man to support my lifestyle! Done and do great job of that myself! The fact that Mark has been hugely successful here bears no weight on our standard of living, nor did it carry any weight when we first met -only in the fact that I admired ( and still do) his ambition and tenacity....Something we had in common, and I can relate to.

Steve, do you realize that what you're saying insults your mother, sister(s), daughters etc?

It depends on the man if I'm marrying a guy making 18K a year. If he's making that much doing an honest job and working on trying to better his situation, I would definitely consider that man...actually, I married that guy. Since moving here in June my husband hasn't been able to work until recently nor go to school...and with the economy jobs at McD's are even at a premium. But I love him, and he wants to make something of himself. I love him dearly and I'm willing to support him in whatever he does. I knew that until he got a greencard he'd be at home...and when I worked he stayed home and kept the house tidy and pulled his weight. Now that he's in school I'm going to step up on the cleaning so he can have more time to study. That is what couples do...work together towards a common goal.

I think as it has been mentioned by several other women, I was raised to be able to take care of myself whether or not I was in a relationship. My grandma always tells me her biggest regret was going from her father's house directly to my grandpa's...she never had a career, or went to college or had her own independent time and she would always impress upon me how much she wanted that for me. I'm now glad I got my education and had my independent time...I feel that I got my wild oats out of my system and I'm ready and responsible enough to take on a marriage.

If your preference is a woman of child-bearing age, Asian women, thin women, even more "humble" women (though I personally feel that coming from the USC that is quite a loaded word) is fine...everyone has their particular tastes. But when you disparage American women (even though they apparently throw themselves at you...hmmm) by making sweeping generalizations and statements that do not apply to any but a very few women that I know or can think of, that reflects greatly upon your character. Your insecurities through your statements are loud and clear, and I hope may try working on resolving those issues first before you continue seeking a mate.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my American hubby was making prolly around 20k a year when I first met him.. and he was no super model... although I find him super sexy, handsome and cute etc.. :blush:

I really don't care about money.. of course I want to have enough money to live and pay bills etc...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Look, my husband is an actor. Some years, he makes a decent wage. Some years, he makes almost nothing. Do you want to know how much I give a damn? Zilch. I knew this when I met him and I still married him. I am the breadwinner for now. I make enough money for him not to work, but he wants to and he does. He contributes as he can, but doesn't take for granted the sacrifices I make. He is an artist and being an artist's wife, it comes with the territory.

Personally, I cannot think of a single female American friend of mine who honestly gives a rat's ####### how much a man is making as long as he is trying to make something of himself and isn't slobbed out on the sofa, watching Cops and America's Dumbest Criminals, in lieu of work. Where all these grasping golddiggers are I have no idea, unless you're trying to pick up 20-year-olds at a pool hall.

But that's all I do all day while my hubby is at work :crying:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
anything above a BMI of 25 is considered overweight

But, BMI isn't good at accounting for muscle mass. Maybe he lifts alot?

exactly...not all people who have a higher BMI are *fat*

:bonk:

and so what if that person is overweight...ack

Oh, as a recovering anorexic, I totally understand the shortcomings of BMI. But still. I thought it was hilarious that he's conventionally considered overweight, yet he's complaining about American women who are overweight. Hypocrisy, much?

6'3" and 215 is not "conventionally considered overweight". It is healthy for a man to have this shape. I am 5'9" and 205, carry it all above the waist because i used to lift a lot, and am still muscle bound. You might call me "overweight", but I would then in turn challenge you and your 3 best friends to an arm-wrestling match, simultaneously.

My wife is 5'1" and 105. Her figure is part of the attraction that resulted in our marriage. Whether you like it or not, men are attracted to women that are not overweight.

im super glad you CANT speak for any men other than yourself :wacko:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
thats why they are a high fraud country...for their honesty?

Just read this USCIS link where the US govt did a study.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/MobRept_AppendixA.pdf

Apparently, after 10 years of follow up, they found that Asian /Western marriages, 80% are still married, (compared to only 50% of Western/Western marriages) and the age gaps are large by western standards, the girl often being 10-20 years younger. And when interviewed, economic improvement was not the motivating factor for marying Western men. It says so in the US govt study. Asian ladies dont easily divorce. WIth or without $$, they are happy with a loving husband. Its a fact that in America, finances are the #1 cause of divorce. Ask any mariage counselor! And its not the man leaving the woman because she doesnt make enough. !!!!!Think about it.

Many find it hard to believe, but while NOT ALL Western woman are $$$ sensitive, it is what causes many ladies to divorce or leave their man in teh US. Sorry if thats hard to accept. I dont need that kind of stress in my life. I want a woman who will stay with me regardless of what $$ I make. This is one of MANY reasons why I seek a foreign , if not filipina wife.

Sorry this has gotten so far off topic.

Maybe it has nothing to do with your money ;)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

GOOD LORD PEOPLE! Just when I think I've read it all...............................................

No doubt. Other than the (not to be disparaged) soap opera value of this thread, I can't see how it got so far off the OP.

Steve, you could be a professional antagonist. You have an absolute right to your preferences and views, and can of course express anything you want so long as it is not a TOS violation. I am amazed that this thread has not been censored (as far as we know) or locked. For the record, I have no problem with meeting on the web, agencies, or any other way people meet. There is no single recipe for success.

You must understand that posting your preferences couched as critical monologue is going to draw fire. If you read enough on VJ, you will see that any references to the physical appearance of any ones' SO, or prospective SO, will be considered disrespectful by some. Not just the usual suspects either. Your generalizations about American women are way into the fire-zone.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just love it. Another thread that turns into the old "American women are evil fat gold diggers".

I could go and start a thread that is all about lazy fat abusive American men, but why would I? I know that there are plenty of women here that would have stories to back this up, but an intelligent person knows that this is a stereotyping by people that can't seem to move on in their relationships.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I just love it. Another thread that turns into the old "American women are evil fat gold diggers".

I could go and start a thread that is all about lazy fat abusive American men, but why would I? I know that there are plenty of women here that would have stories to back this up, but an intelligent person knows that this is a stereotyping by people that can't seem to move on in their relationships.

please do, i have plenty of popcorn. :pop:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Steve - No woman will ever be good enough for you, no matter where she is from. Every word you have written screams of misogyny and I believe that you have some serious self-esteem issues. Steve, from my heart - learn to love yourself first and then you will be ready to accept the love of someone else and return it. Stop looking for a relationship until you are comfortable with yourself first.

please do, i have plenty of popcorn. :pop:

Another weekend is coming up. Last weekend's entertainment made the time FLY by! :thumbs:

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.