nunyab

Cock a doodle dooo it's Monday in MENA

89 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hope everyone has a good monday.

im tired of being in pain, im tired of not being able to eat. im tired of throwing up.

i dont want to pack.

only 4 more nights here until we come back.

(F)

The one good thing so far is that I've lost weight without even trying! It's so weird I"ll be sitting on the couch watching tv and I'll think, "oh...I want a snack" but then my stomach says nooooooooooooooo you'll just throw it up so I end up not knowing what to do with myself! I really hope they get you into surgery soon!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning Mena!

Tasha, I pray for your hubby. And I'm glad you feel better.

Amal, I pray for Noor too! Hopefully his pain won't be long!

Sweet Peach, congrats on hubby being home. I think he needs his ssn in order to get his license. At least here you do!

Staashi, have fun at the docs with the ultrasound. They are so much more advanced from when i had my babies.

And finally, today is my and hubby's first aniversery. It is a rainy, cold and dreary day. Which is a far cry from last year. It was in the 70's and beautiful for an outside wedding. I am making him B'stilla and we have a cake we froze that one of the girls at my work made for us. And its also his 39th b-day today. But he don't celebrate birthdays he says.

have a good day everyone!

Congratulations Terry to you and your hubby, Happy Birthday too, but not celebrating or even acknowledging is quite normal over there, so I am told

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Happy Monday everyone. :D

My habibi made it here with little issues. His flight from Amman was about 30 minutes late. Didnt have a single issue in immigrations. He said they didnt ask him anything at all. He said the officer was very nice and stamped his passport with a work stamp before he could even ask. :dance:

Does anyone know if he can get his liecense now or does he have to wait untile he gets his SS#??

oh sweet peach that is so nice

if only ALL our journeys would end that smooth

congratulations!

if you dont mind me asking....was your husband in AP??? this is a CR1, right?

No it was a K1. I cant beleive how well it went. We were never in AP, but I was expecting it.

His POE was JFK

Edited by sweet_peach

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Hope everyone has a good monday.

im tired of being in pain, im tired of not being able to eat. im tired of throwing up.

i dont want to pack.

only 4 more nights here until we come back.

(F)

The one good thing so far is that I've lost weight without even trying! It's so weird I"ll be sitting on the couch watching tv and I'll think, "oh...I want a snack" but then my stomach says nooooooooooooooo you'll just throw it up so I end up not knowing what to do with myself! I really hope they get you into surgery soon!

I know what ya mean about losing the weight. For George's birthday Saturday we decided to have Domios cheese bread and bbq wings....not even 1hr later i was in full blown attack mode and throwing it all up. Once it was all out of my stomach the attack lightened up to a dull ache for the rest of the night. Sunday i ate a bowl of corn flakes with a drop of milk for the whole day and drank some fruit juice just for the extra kick. Today i have had boiled rice and carrots. LOL what a diet. I am starving but am so afraid to eat, all eating is associated with pain, unbearable pain!

I hope u are able to get your surgery scheduled. Let us know!! I am realllllly hoping to get this taken care of soon.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Amal - hope he gets better soon!!

Sweet peach, congrats. I agree, check the DMV in your state to find out what the requirements are.

Bridget,- my husband also likes a huge meal constantly. I just can't keep up with the expense and time involved in the stuff he likes. My MIL is not only an amazing cook, but she has the TIME, but she is also really fast from her years of experience. That woman can whip out a huge meal in a short time!

I also hope you get your gallbladder issue sorted out ASAP. You're lucky you have a great husband to care for you in this time!

Rajaa- my in law's also eat couscous on Friday, not Saturday. I would think it would be the same everywhere??? That's what the tradition is anyway. Maybe because your MIL works? I personally don't love traditional couscous but I would suffer it down if it was in front of me. I much prefer tajines! :thumbs: hehe

Congrats on the anniversary Terrie! And many more to come...

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Happy Work Week Monday All!

Have a nice one! :star:

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Amal - hope he gets better soon!!

Sweet peach, congrats. I agree, check the DMV in your state to find out what the requirements are.

Bridget,- my husband also likes a huge meal constantly. I just can't keep up with the expense and time involved in the stuff he likes. My MIL is not only an amazing cook, but she has the TIME, but she is also really fast from her years of experience. That woman can whip out a huge meal in a short time!

I also hope you get your gallbladder issue sorted out ASAP. You're lucky you have a great husband to care for you in this time!

Rajaa- my in law's also eat couscous on Friday, not Saturday. I would think it would be the same everywhere??? That's what the tradition is anyway. Maybe because your MIL works? I personally don't love traditional couscous but I would suffer it down if it was in front of me. I much prefer tajines! :thumbs: hehe

Congrats on the anniversary Terrie! And many more to come...

Thanks Jenn!!! And happy late aniversery to you too!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks!

UGH I just sold an item on eBay and now I can't find the stupid thing so I can ship it! :( Its been here for months now, now that I put it on eBay and stop keeping things around I don't want, its gone!!!

*prays I find it otherwise what happens if someone paid for something and then they don't get it?! That happened to me once on eBay, I bought something and it never showed up. But eBay did squat about getting my money back. I guess since they purchased theirs with paypal I could refund it if I can't find the product. :(

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

BRIDGET

"Well I'm a sh!tty driver so I have had a LOT of experience with rentals. lol. Usually my insurance only covers like $25/day and I have to foot the bill for the rest. I keep thinking I"ll raise the limit when it's time to renew my policy but I never do. Anyways I have never heard of limiting the days that I get it unless perhaps 72 hours is when his total benefit runs out. Either way it shouldn't matter though since it wasn't his fault right? correct, she slid to his side coz she was speeding.

What does his insurance company say? As for when you see the $$$ all the times I've gotten into accidents, the rental place deals with the insurance so they get direct payment and you just have to pay them the difference.

I always think to write this and then I forget...........does anyone else have the problem with their husbands wanting a feast every dinner time? Breakfast he has a cookie, lunch he could care less but when I try to pass off something that includes less then like 7 dishes of food on the table for dinner he gets all mopey. He'd never outright complain 'cause that's just not him but when I push him he says that he's never eaten anything like that for dinner before.

Mine likes to have a few items on the table. It has gotten to the point now that I feel like we didn't eat anything if there is only 1 dish on the table to eat from :blush: . I think it may be because my hubster doesn't "do" casseroles or anything with melted cheese baked inside it. He much prefers it to all be seperate. He does like the occasional hamburgers/fries but I've found that he is most happy if I put everything into serving bowls/platters and set it all on the table rather than just fending for ourselves lol. "

Sweet Peach

"My habibi made it here with little issues. His flight from Amman was about 30 minutes late. Didnt have a single issue in immigrations. He said they didnt ask him anything at all. He said the officer was very nice and stamped his passport with a work stamp before he could even ask. :dance:

Does anyone know if he can get his liecense now or does he have to wait untile he gets his SS#?? We were on a CR-1 so I dunno if it varies or not but we had to have his SS# first so they would have a way to enter him into the system. He also had to show 2 forms of ID so 1 of those was his visa. I am pretty sure we waited for his greencard to come so he would have his 2nd form of ID. "

TURIA

"And finally, today is my and hubby's first aniversery. It is a rainy, cold and dreary day. Which is a far cry from last year. It was in the 70's and beautiful for an outside wedding. I am making him B'stilla and we have a cake we froze that one of the girls at my work made for us. And its also his 39th b-day today. Happy anniversary!! and happy birthday to ur mannn!!!!!"

sorry, it wouldn't let me post with real quotes for some reason..ugg

I also wanted to say thank you to all of u who have wished my husband well. {{{{hugs}}}}

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
BRIDGET

"Well I'm a sh!tty driver so I have had a LOT of experience with rentals. lol. Usually my insurance only covers like $25/day and I have to foot the bill for the rest. I keep thinking I"ll raise the limit when it's time to renew my policy but I never do. Anyways I have never heard of limiting the days that I get it unless perhaps 72 hours is when his total benefit runs out. Either way it shouldn't matter though since it wasn't his fault right? correct, she slid to his side coz she was speeding.

What does his insurance company say? As for when you see the $$$ all the times I've gotten into accidents, the rental place deals with the insurance so they get direct payment and you just have to pay them the difference.

I always think to write this and then I forget...........does anyone else have the problem with their husbands wanting a feast every dinner time? Breakfast he has a cookie, lunch he could care less but when I try to pass off something that includes less then like 7 dishes of food on the table for dinner he gets all mopey. He'd never outright complain 'cause that's just not him but when I push him he says that he's never eaten anything like that for dinner before.

Mine likes to have a few items on the table. It has gotten to the point now that I feel like we didn't eat anything if there is only 1 dish on the table to eat from :blush: . I think it may be because my hubster doesn't "do" casseroles or anything with melted cheese baked inside it. He much prefers it to all be seperate. He does like the occasional hamburgers/fries but I've found that he is most happy if I put everything into serving bowls/platters and set it all on the table rather than just fending for ourselves lol. "

Sweet Peach

"My habibi made it here with little issues. His flight from Amman was about 30 minutes late. Didnt have a single issue in immigrations. He said they didnt ask him anything at all. He said the officer was very nice and stamped his passport with a work stamp before he could even ask. :dance:

Does anyone know if he can get his liecense now or does he have to wait untile he gets his SS#?? We were on a CR-1 so I dunno if it varies or not but we had to have his SS# first so they would have a way to enter him into the system. He also had to show 2 forms of ID so 1 of those was his visa. I am pretty sure we waited for his greencard to come so he would have his 2nd form of ID. "

TURIA

"And finally, today is my and hubby's first aniversery. It is a rainy, cold and dreary day. Which is a far cry from last year. It was in the 70's and beautiful for an outside wedding. I am making him B'stilla and we have a cake we froze that one of the girls at my work made for us. And its also his 39th b-day today. Happy anniversary!! and happy birthday to ur mannn!!!!!"

sorry, it wouldn't let me post with real quotes for some reason..ugg

I also wanted to say thank you to all of u who have wished my husband well. {{{{hugs}}}}

Thank you Amal!!!

08/24/2011 Biometrics

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Happy Anniversary Terrie!!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline

thanks Bridget, Jeanne, and Jess!!!

Edited by Turia

08/24/2011 Biometrics

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

9iad5hjppr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.