nunyab

Mena house decorating in the U.S??

223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Y habibitak.... which room are you redeorating??? and i love the idea about the car thing too...my car is acting weird lately :(

so what do i do go find a book somewhere about reahpusltering (btw how do you spell that word???)

I think I will do some holdiay decorations and i love the tree but I am not Christian but the kids have celebrated it... not sure what to do there????

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Y habibitak.... which room are you redeorating??? and i love the idea about the car thing too...my car is acting weird lately :(

so what do i do go find a book somewhere about reahpusltering (btw how do you spell that word???)

I think I will do some holdiay decorations and i love the tree but I am not Christian but the kids have celebrated it... not sure what to do there????

Im redoing the living room which will lead to the bedroom since it has become the furniture spillover room lol

you can go online to hgtv.com like someone else said..thats how I got the idea of the headboard. Once I saw that and did it, I felt like i could reuphoulster** (I can never spell it either heh) anything!

Actually I just made a bench out of my old tv stand (got spilled over to the bedroom) and now its a little bench at the foot of the bed. I bought some remnant fabric at walmart a few weeks ago for 5 bucks.. ha

I dont know what I have started, I think the house will be one "little" project after another now LOL

But the good side is I have time to get ready before zawjy gets here :)

Christmas..since the norm decorations arent really about the christian holiday, I say do whatever you want! :)

I always edit bcuzz I forget to add something lol

sorry about your car :( My car was becoming my spiritual barometer..everytime it acted up I was crazy stressed, thats why I really started to learn about it lol

Edited by Y_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
I'm sure HGTV.com has directions how to reupholster furniture. If not, then just google "reupholster"

:)\

A for spelling it correctly :D

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Go for the tree and decorations, girl! I doubt your kids will demand a nativity set or anything. But a tree, lights, ornaments, snowmen, etc? Why the heck not?! My mom isn't Christian but she loves snowmen. :)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I watch that channel all the time, and it drives hubby crazy!! I love it.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

This is probably a strange question, depending on your background (okay, your age :blush: ), but has anyone ever made something new from an old console TV, the kind that's like a piece of furniture? I have one that belonged to my grandmother, and I'm attached to it just for that reason. The TV itself doesn't work well and would cost more to repair than to replace. I've thought about removing the innards and putting a fish tank in there, the old cliché, but I don't know if I have the patience for maintaining a fish tank properly. I've also thought about putting a flat-screen TV inside there, and that could probably work, actually (I took measurements), but we would want to elevate the whole thing at least to eye level in that case, possibly with shelves underneath. Any other ideas? Or maybe I should just take a picture and give the thing away. I hold on to things for sentimental reasons, but I would like to make our place much less cluttered.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline
This is probably a strange question, depending on your background (okay, your age :blush: ), but has anyone ever made something new from an old console TV, the kind that's like a piece of furniture? I have one that belonged to my grandmother, and I'm attached to it just for that reason. The TV itself doesn't work well and would cost more to repair than to replace. I've thought about removing the innards and putting a fish tank in there, the old cliché, but I don't know if I have the patience for maintaining a fish tank properly. I've also thought about putting a flat-screen TV inside there, and that could probably work, actually (I took measurements), but we would want to elevate the whole thing at least to eye level in that case, possibly with shelves underneath. Any other ideas? Or maybe I should just take a picture and give the thing away. I hold on to things for sentimental reasons, but I would like to make our place much less cluttered.

I would gut it and make it a little book shelf... you could get those little "stopper" thingys <--technical term, some wood shelves and slap 'em in at the level you like (using the thingys).

Your tv/shelving unit idea sounds really good too!

I love fish tanks, but they are work. I'd rather put my snake in there. ;)

Lisa

Thanks!

Timeline
snake????? yikes. :mellow: I am considering painting just one wall... i know i am renting an appartment but if i paint it back to white do you think it'll matter?

Go for it. I think as long as you cover it before you leave you should get your deposit back, right?

ya, i had 7 snakes at one time but, now im down to one

I know, im a little wierd lol

lisa

Thanks!

Timeline

I would gut it and make it a little book shelf... you could get those little "stopper" thingys <--technical term, some wood shelves and slap 'em in at the level you like (using the thingys).

Your tv/shelving unit idea sounds really good too!

I love fish tanks, but they are work. I'd rather put my snake in there. ;)

Lisa

Now THAT would make the cats nuts! :lol:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

LOL! Yep, it's almost as bad as a fishtank...'cept the snakes dont move as much, so its not as fun! heh

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.