nunyab

Mena house decorating in the U.S??

223 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Tasha your husband is so funny! Usama doesn't have an eye for colors or style (we now have TWO empty kitty litter containers in our bedroom as our trash buckets), BUT if I were to decorate the bedroom he'd definitely want to go with me and give input, however much it may be appreciated and then ignored :whistle: , just to have a say in it I think.

He really is funny about the house and the deco. I wanted so bad to put a mirror in my living room and he said honey, our living room is so little and it just isn't posh! LOL! Posh, where did he learn that word.???

:lol:

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The husband asked a few months ago why our bathroom wasn't decorated like XYZ's bathroom. They have a flower theme going on. I just have a mismatch of whatever I found clearanced. I asked if he wanted me to decorate the bathroom and he said yes. bwahaha, little does he know that he has unleashed.

http://www.thecatconnection.com/news_2006/Nov06/kam_kam.htm

kam_kam_shower_curtain_tn.jpgkam_kam_bath_sponge_tn.jpgkam_kam_grey_tread_tn.jpg

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
The husband asked a few months ago why our bathroom wasn't decorated like XYZ's bathroom. They have a flower theme going on. I just have a mismatch of whatever I found clearanced. I asked if he wanted me to decorate the bathroom and he said yes. bwahaha, little does he know that he has unleashed.

kam_kam_shower_curtain_tn.jpgkam_kam_bath_sponge_tn.jpgkam_kam_grey_tread_tn.jpg

Some few years ago, before i bought my house, I had a bathroom with a labroador theme. It was the coolest thing. Nobody else had it. Now bathrooms with a dog theme are in style.

My husband and I are aguring about an old treadle sewing machine that i inherited. He don't like it, says its ugly and wants me to get rid of it. I won't, and no matter where i try to put it, its in his site! UGH! I'm so frustrated!

08/24/2011 Biometrics

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:lol: You and your love for cats!!!! I would love to redecorate our bathroom since it's a mishmash of beach/ocean themes and ducks, but everytime I go to do it one daughter wants more ducks, the other wants it all pink :dead: , I'd like to do a purple theme with lavendar and iris flowers and the hubby doesn't really care as long as we get a new bidet hose that doesn't leak. lol

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

:lol: You and your love for cats!!!! I would love to redecorate our bathroom since it's a mishmash of beach/ocean themes and ducks, but everytime I go to do it one daughter wants more ducks, the other wants it all pink :dead: , I'd like to do a purple theme with lavendar and iris flowers and the hubby doesn't really care as long as we get a new bidet hose that doesn't leak. lol

Any idea where to get a bidet hose?

Timeline

Any idea where to get a bidet hose?

Ya i wanna know too

08/24/2011 Biometrics

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We've gone the lota route, ie we have a watering can :star: I've offered to get a bidet, but the husband doesn't seem to mind, so meh, why spend the money?

If you google "bidet," there are lots of places you can buy online.

Ooo, in fact, while googling I came across this. Now that we might just have to buy.

:lol: You and your love for cats!!!!

:luv:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I love bidets! :dance: Wish I had a house that had one. They rock! Have to say though that my MIL's house used to not have hot water unless you heated the tank, so to use the bidet during the middle of winter was enough to freeze your cheechnos off. :o:o:o My MIL said, "oh, it's more sanitary that way." :rofl:

Timeline
THIS is similar to the one that I bought though it's probably more sturdy. Mine was all plastic and fell apart so there's no spray nozzle AND it leaks ever so slightly so we keep it in a bucket.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
We've gone the lota route, ie we have a watering can :star: I've offered to get a bidet, but the husband doesn't seem to mind, so meh, why spend the money?

If you google "bidet," there are lots of places you can buy online.

Ooo, in fact, while googling I came across this. Now that we might just have to buy.

:lol: You and your love for cats!!!!

:luv:

I love that !!!!! hummmmmmm I might order that. If someone else does before me let me know. In morocco they have the hose that's hooked up to the toilet water but frankly it's just too cold here. I use a watering can :star: was that TMI??? :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ok he arrives tomorrow night insha'allah everything has been redecorated less our bed room and the kids' room. Our bedroom I left for him and I to do as he seems to want input i figured that would be a good place for it if he were to.

The bathroom came out better than anticipated so I am jazzed there. Gotta polish a silver serving platter I found at value village and I had no idea how much tea pots on the stove can be ????? wow what a surprise.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I replaced one shower head with a hand shower in the new apartment last night -- we both prefer that. And the new slipcovers have arrived. :dance: Wish we were finished moving out of the old apartment so I could make some real progress on the new one.

I'm tickled for you, Rajaa. I know he's going to love the place!

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

this bidet business :wacko:

very new to me

is there something wrong with me cuz I havent thought about this?

nor did he mention that he needed any special amenities

i know our layout is not conducive.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

re-uphoulstered the headboard again this weekend. I found a king sized flat sheet on clearance..it's a rich chocolate brown satin. It worked perfect, I would have paid an arm and a leg had i bought yards of the fabric! yaaay, i love deals and staple guns :lol:

My husband wants to help redo the bedroom, so for now i just worked on the bed and color scheme.

greens/browns and metalics..im in love with my new bedding :D

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
re-uphoulstered the headboard again this weekend. I found a king sized flat sheet on clearance..it's a rich chocolate brown satin. It worked perfect, I would have paid an arm and a leg had i bought yards of the fabric! yaaay, i love deals and staple guns :lol:

My husband wants to help redo the bedroom, so for now i just worked on the bed and color scheme.

greens/browns and metalics..im in love with my new bedding :D

That sounds like a beautiful combination for a bedroom. :thumbs:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.