Ta Ta

Anyone is sub-saharan interested in meeting ?

97 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Cool, glad you are at least thinking about it. If anyone else is coming and wanting to stay in a hotel I think it would be best to talk to

them and see if anyone is comfortable in sharing a room ( we'll put an anti snoring device on you or just put a pillow over your head )........for the other .... ehem......you're all on your own.....bring air freshener.

{ :lol::lol::lol: }

Room sharing will cut down on the cost for those who don't want to spend too much. Some may have airline credit cards that have partner hotels with good discounts. I would prefer everyone google and do their own reservations, preference of hotels and room sharing.

I have a 2 guest peeps capacity and that has been filled as of yesterday, there is no more room at the inn. :cry: I am remodeling, otherwise there would be room for three, but everything is stuffed in every guest room right now. Newbie that has not yet posted may have room, not sure.

I will let you know.

okay, just let me know the exact area within the Lou where we are to meet up.

I'd like to get a hotel close to the rendevous spot.

It would also be nice if those that are staying in a hotel to atleast stay in the same hotel

(I'm thinking discount :D ).

(F)

https://reservations.druryhotels.com/HotelSearchResults.aspx

Omoba, check this out :unsure: so many locations :blink:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

You ain't kidding, so many locations ...... let me check the restaurants out in person and then I will let you know the location. It will be one of the African restaurants. I will map quest some hotels later so we can narrow it down.

Have my friend visiting this afternoon , she will be leaving Friday and come back here late Saturday night through Sunday, when I have time I will get on it. We may check out the restaurants together this weekend or I plan to do so next weekend. It is far from me and I don't drive in STL ( :blush: )

but will have it all worked through soon ! I am about 3/4 hour away from STL.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
You ain't kidding, so many locations ...... let me check the restaurants out in person and then I will let you know the location. It will be one of the African restaurants. I will map quest some hotels later so we can narrow it down.

Have my friend visiting this afternoon , she will be leaving Friday and come back here late Saturday night through Sunday, when I have time I will get on it. We may check out the restaurants together this weekend or I plan to do so next weekend. It is far from me and I don't drive in STL ( :blush: )

Omoba, I forgot that you are in Illinois instead of Missouri. There are lots of folks who confuse St. Louis, MI with St. Louis, IL. My family speaks of that all the time. They are on both sides of the river (or is it the lake?). When I lived there for a year, I stayed on the Missouri side, but spent a lot of time on the Illinois side too.....

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Timeline

It's the Mississippi river ......... I guess we consider ourselves to be the metro east of STL , am on the state border and things get foggy.

We get STL, MO TV and not Chicago, IL. news here. Know more about MO politics than IL ...... ^_^

Most IL peeps support the MO Cardinals because of proximity ......lol.

It is about 1 hour and 15 min to the STL airport from the little iddy bitty hick town ( 4000 ) I am in.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

LOL, Omoba, it is only 45 minutes to the STL airport from where I live and my town is even more itty bitty and more hicky than yours (3200).

It's the Mississippi river ......... I guess we consider ourselves to be the metro east of STL , am on the state border and things get foggy.

We get STL, MO TV and not Chicago, IL. news here. Know more about MO politics than IL ...... ^_^

It is about 1 hour and 15 min to the STL airport from the little iddy bitty hick town ( 4000 ) I am in.

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Thank you "Mother" Omoba :star:

I'd really appreciate it :yes:

from reading your non-specific locale....are you in east st. lou??

I Am Uno!

Timeline

I'm really gettin jealous now. I have got to try my best to come. It is just a short drive from my town of Cincy. This is gettin exciting. I've never done anything like this before. I cannot imagine meeting all of these wonderful people that I have gotten to know this past year. Then, coming home and actually "knowing" you all...How your faces look, your mannerisms, how you sneeze, etc....:)

Great idea Ms. O.

Timeline

http://www.saucemagazine.com/article/2/136

I went with a friend last night to check out all the African restaurants and Nubia Cafe won ! My no "clue of African culture" friend really enjoyed

the place too and it wasn't long before she was digging into her fufu :D I was glad she was there for feedback .

The atmosphere was relaxed, the blues band terrific and personable, interacting with the guests during the break, the tables are set up close together to encourage good conversation. Excellent for a group setting.

The owner/manager and server were delightful and friendly, explaining all the different types of foods and asked if I wanted to eat with my fingers or silverware. Well, to me fufu tastes better soaked in the Egusi soup with my fingers so he brought bowls and napkins to clean my hand to the table right away. Nice touch !

My friend opted to eat her Okra soup and fufu with a fork.

We also had a sampler and cheesecake for dessert, raspberry for her and chocolate chip for me, toped with chocolate sauce. Delicious ! :luv:

We were surprised that 2 hours had passed so quickly while we had fun.

I made reservations for Nov. 22 at 6pm. At around 8 they will set up a Reggae band. Can't wait !

I need a definite head count to let him know how many peeps are expected. I take some maybes into consideration.

So please if you plan on coming or possible could make it, post in the next few days for a complete head count.

Uno, I will try and find close by hotels. It is in the University City district , located on Delmar Blvd. A cool place with lots of shops, galleries, restaurants and cafe's to pass the time.

Nubia's is in walking distance to the Metro train which goes all the way to the airport.

There may be a Drury Inn close to the airport also.

After seeing the web sites from Tam Tam and African Palace I was very disappointed with the reality of the places. I am sure the food there is good and the menus looked good and I may even go back there to eat one day,but the atmosphere , though friendly, was diner like and smoky at Tam Tam's and "dark and tavern like" at African Palace.

Both places were small.

The bands would brighten the places up I am sure but I felt it was not nice enough for our group.

Ok folks there you have it ! :)

LOL, Omoba, it is only 45 minutes to the STL airport from where I live and my town is even more itty bitty and more hicky than yours (3200).

We will be in for it ....won't be ? Our poor SO's !!!! :unsure:

Thank you "Mother" Omoba :star:

I'd really appreciate it :yes:

from reading your non-specific locale....are you in east st. lou??

Uno, 30 min from E. STL and that is where I take African dance / drum class.

Timeline

http://www.druryhotels.com/properties/forestpark.cfm

Drury hotel in the above link may be the closest Uno, not sure. Type in 5860 Delmar Blvd for directions to the Nubia. It is a short taxi ride, too long to walk.

Or stay at the airport Drury and take the metro from the airport to Delmar Blvd and walk or call a cab from there. I would not advice to walk back when it is dark by yourself, even though the station is in walking distance.

Hope that helped.

Maybe Jomo'sgirl who lives in STL can give more tips on navigating the city. Hoping she will join us.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Omoba,

You can count me in for that night. I might not make it there at exactly 6 p.m. because I dont' get off work until 3:30 p.m., but I will be there. I will be walking from the MetroLink to the restaurant, so if anyone wants to walk back, I will walk with them, or we can share a cab, doesn't matter to me.

Deb

Drury hotel in the above link may be the closest Uno, not sure. Type in 5860 Delmar Blvd for directions to the Nubia. It is a short taxi ride, too long to walk.

Or stay at the airport Drury and take the metro from the airport to Delmar Blvd and walk or call a cab from there. I would not advice to walk back when it is dark by yourself, even though the station is in walking distance.

Hope that helped.

Maybe Jomo'sgirl who lives in STL can give more tips on navigating the city. Hoping she will join us.

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Timeline
Omoba,

You can count me in for that night. I might not make it there at exactly 6 p.m. because I dont' get off work until 3:30 p.m., but I will be there. I will be walking from the MetroLink to the restaurant, so if anyone wants to walk back, I will walk with them, or we can share a cab, doesn't matter to me.

Deb

Hope that helped.

That's great Kelly, thanks for confirming.

Everyone else, pls confirm here.

Timeline

I can't confirm yet, Omoba, I'm sorry. I might go to London for my birthday now, if Taiwo is not granted his visa by then. I will definitely let you know within the next few days. Thanks for all the hard work.

Drury hotel in the above link may be the closest Uno, not sure.

Type in 5860 Delmar Blvd for directions to the Nubia. It is a short taxi ride, too long to walk.

Hope that helped.

thanks for the heads-up :thumbs: . I'm checking :) . Will let you know something shortly.... ;)

I Am Uno!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.