CasandraYounes

Just Received NOA1 for I-130 Now What??????

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok I just received my NOA1 for my I-130 packet, but I don't know if I should start a packet for the I-129F or should I just wait for the I-130 to get approved? I am completely new and this and feel frustrated because everytime I call USCIS I get different information. One rep is like no you should wait because its cheapier and the other says that the I-129F is faster, but once my husband gets here we will have to adjust his status which is like $1500 or something like that. That really doesn't make sense....Can anyone please help me?

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline

03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz

07/21/07 - Met in Morocco after 4 months of calls, im's, and emails

08/01/07 - Engaged

12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco

04/13/08 - Decided to get married in the summer

05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco

07/10/08 - Married in Morocco

10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet

10/09/08 - Received NOA1

*now awaiting NOA2*[/[/color]color]

:unsure:

07/21/07 - 1st trip
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Ok I just received my NOA1 for my I-130 packet, but I don't know if I should start a packet for the I-129F or should I just wait for the I-130 to get approved? I am completely new and this and feel frustrated because everytime I call USCIS I get different information. One rep is like no you should wait because its cheapier and the other says that the I-129F is faster, but once my husband gets here we will have to adjust his status which is like $1500 or something like that. That really doesn't make sense....Can anyone please help me?

08/01/07 - Engaged

10/09/08 - Received NOA1

My best advice for you is to read up on all of the immigration visas. What you need to understand is that there are many different ways to accomplish the same thing when it comes to getting your spouse a visa because there are different visas you can get. Read up on them and it will make a lot more sense. This site has lots of information on the various ways you can bring a spouse into the US. You will get multiple answers from a post just like when you call USCIS because you have choices although I believe you have made your choice by starting with the I-130. I chose 129F so I can't tell you much about I-130 except that I learned a lot by reading the prepared tutorials on this site. These areas are called the FAQ's and GUIDES. Do yourself a big favor and read them. You will find them on the menu at the very top of the page.

The short answer to your question, the very next thing that happens with ANY case just starting is you wait several months for them to get to your case. When you read up on the I-130 process you will understand what happens to your file when it gets there. You have a case number on the NOA-1 that can be used to check on the status of your case. Believe me, it will be months for it to change from its present state of "Case received and pending" so learn while you have the chance. This site has really well prepared information for everyone just starting out.

It will all make sense soon. Good Luck to you both.

Edited by EZgoing378

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Casandra!

Congratulations on your NOA1....I know how each little step is like a step closer to bringing the two of you together.

These links will help you tremendously:

I129F is for the K3 Visa: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k3flow

I130 is for the CR1 Visa:

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

Also, keep the USCIS and NVC sites handy, as well:

USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

NVC: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

What alot of us have done, is after receiving the NOA1 for the I130, we sent in the I129F packet. You need the NOA1 (copy only) from the I130, to submit the I129F. Remember, always make 2 copies of everything. By sending in the I129F, you are just giving yourself 2 options, which ever comes through first or that you decide is the best method for you. The main difference is, with a CR1, he comes here with Immigrant Status; with the K3, he is considered a non-immigrant. We chose the CR1 since they were approved 1 week from each other.

I cannot stress this enough....start preparing all needed paperwork NOW (tax returns, jo-sponsorship info...if needed, your husbands birth certificate, police records, court records, etc...), that way if your case is one of the few that for some reason move quickly, you will have a jump start. Also, if you choose the CR1, use the shortcuts that some have put together; they are incredibly helpful, and will keep you sane!

Take care of you!

Let me know if you need anything....Yvette :thumbs:

08/01/07 - Engaged

10/09/08 - Received NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

we did both cause we wanted to see about the timeline thing.. yeah the k3 seems faster but all in all the cr1 is better for us. We just rather be done with it all when he gets here except the necessary things and by the way they're scheduling it is only a month difference. The sucky part is the AP though for cr1 is longer cause they're away from us versus k3 ap here.

read read read!!!!!! my best suggestion and advice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.