CasandraYounes

Missing your spouses

96 posts in this topic

Its like the worst kind of waiting. I want to put my foot down but no place to put it. I would be willing kiss asses but there are no asses to kiss. I would fight somebody and curse them but there is nobody to fight or curse at. I would try to bribe somebody, but theres nobody to bribe. Nothing to do but wait and wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm finished venting now.

8/07 Met on myspace.

5/7/08 Married in Indonesia.

6/4/08 Sent I-130

6/11/08 I-130 received by Vermont service Center.

6/11/10 Received NOA from Vermont.

12/17/08 Touched and placed on hold. (Request For Evidence)

1/12/09 mailed requested evidence 2 Vermont

1/28/09 I-130 APPROVED!

2/9/09 AOS bill received and payed on line the same day.

Never received I-864 package (they don't mail them out anymore I had to take it all from NVC website)

2/20/09 completed and mailed DS-3032

((Some time lapsed because of wrong addresses and documents lost in the mail)) ARRRHG! :-(

3/13/09 Return completed I-864.

3/21/09 Received IV Bill.

3/22/09 Paid IV Bill $400.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

USCIS is unnecessary and a complete freaking waste of everybody's time. What did they do other than waste 7 months of our time and take money?-- because I now have to resubmit the exact same damn information(plus some) to NVC. Apparently there is no connection between USCIS and NVC so USCIS cant simply send our documents to NVC. I was happy to get approved by USCIS but now the process starts all over again only with more complications. Maybe someday I can meet these people in person and thank them face to face for f**ing up almost everything so far. Addresses incorrectly copied, email address repeatedly typed in wrong, names misspelled, ECT, ECT, ECT.

Hows about mandatory drug testing for all who are employed at NVC? All in favor?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Its like the worst kind of waiting. I want to put my foot down but no place to put it. I would be willing kiss asses but there are no asses to kiss. I would fight somebody and curse them but there is nobody to fight or curse at. I would try to bribe somebody, but theres nobody to bribe. Nothing to do but wait and wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm finished venting now.

I totally agree with you on that one. This is one process that we can't control much of anything. It is just endless waiting and no idea of when it will all end.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

This last week has been really hard. We know this month we are married 18 months and it has been more than a year since I could visit last and that was only for 8 days. Our case was complete at the end of October but we still have no interview date. It has been so depressing watching others get theirs. The embassy he will use is very backed up and appointments could take 4 months or more. My husband is desperate and sad. I can't be sad in front of him because it just upsets him more. We have no idea when this will end. It also doesn't help that most most guys from the middle east get AP for months after the embassy interview and we haven't even got to that point yet. We could be married more than two years before this is all over. I wish to God there was a way to make things go faster. I wish they would have some mercy on us.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, i would like you to know that we are on the same boat..well, I haven't seen my husband for 4months now and the waiting is still and patience is still present..well, we talk on the phone everyday and I call him most of the time...

I just want everyone to know that me and my husband just got married last year..after I finished college school I left him July 2008, I looked for a job right away so I don't have to deal with the hard processing of Affidavit of Support..After 4months I am starting work..But the good thing is his in the petition is processing well..We were not even together on our 1st wedding anniversary. It is sad but we are so much in love that we will never give up on this trials.. Well, I know and I have a great faith that out of all this sacrifices,is a big reward..and my happiest moment would be for my husband to come here in the u.s. with me and live with him like we always dreamed of..I am saving up still for his upcoming interview expenses and Plane Ticket..

Good luck to all especially to young couples like us who have hopes and dreams ahead of us..and love is the answer..

I want to know how long it has been for everyone to be separated from their spouses. This whole process is rediculous of making us be separate for so long. I have been apart from my husband now for 4 months and do not know when I will go back to Morocco. How is everyone else dealing and coping?

:bonk:

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hugs, girls. Hang in there. You can do this!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
yeah... we miss eachother and the not knowing is hard but one thing i can count on is our love... don't let it go ladies we will win in the end!!!

You are such an up person! Thanks for all the inspiring thoughts and words! Your time is coming--as is everyone else's! InshAllah we will all be with our loved ones in a reasonable time!--Take care and keep your heads up! Everyone is permitted a bad day-- that's why we are here supporting each other! Take care and God speed!

April 29, 2008-met Amin- the man of my dreams&love of my life! May 29,2008- flew to Jordan June 1, 2008-started the long CRAZY process of standing in line, waiting for stamps, and being sent from one office to another only to pay another fee and find another line! June 3,2008-The HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE! June 11, 2008- Returned home,started paperwork.June 30, 2008-Sent off I-130 pkt to Chicago.July 3, 2008-I-130 pkt received, fwd to CSC.August 4, 2008-NOA #1 August 11, 2008-Sent in I-129F pkt to CSC.August 18, 2008-NOA#2*APPROVED*September 4, 2008-NVC printed AOS instructions-(mailed Sept. 8) September 13, 2008-Rec'd AOS Bill in the mail.[/i] September 15, 2008-Used online payment option.-October 14, 2008-Sent off AOS packet with joint sponsor info.-rec'd@NVC Oct 15. October 30,2008-Got RFENovember 12, 2008-Priority to NVC,BIOGRAPH/Certs!Here we go![/b]November 19,2008RFE!#######!-overnite Nov 25-3 December, 2008-CASE COMPLETE NVC!INTERVIEW FEB 18TH-Approved!!!February 28,2009 HUBBY ARRIVED ON SATURDAY FEBRUARY 28TH, 2009---LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!ALHAMDULALLAH!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.