Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

I'm not a big meat eater and ever since I was a kid, I have flip flopped between being a vegetarian and a meat eater. Some meats that I've eaten that were unusual were shark and alligator meat.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

LL, how did corn with ginger sauce make it in the line up?! lol.

WhidbeyGirl, like LL and some of the other ladies I didn't bring food with me. Ask your SO about his cooking facilities in detail. In Ethiopia there were a variety of cooking situations and "apartment" did not mean that there was a kitchen or that the kitchen was indoors. Your stove top might run on butane. Just ask a lot of questions. In general cooking was just a hassle and the food at restaurants were good quality and cheap.

Since your SO is Nigerian you might like Jaloff rice (I probably didn't spell it right) but its a lot like Louisiana Jambalaya. Be sure to ask for Chicken Jaloff rice. Try to sample and enjoy new foods. If you find that there is nothing you like , you could always do a raw diet of sorts during your visit. I'm sure there are lots of fresh fruits and veggies in the markets.

Edited by reeses16

LL you make a very strong case for being a vegetarian while I'm out of the country. Blech!

I love fruits and veggies so I will probably stick to those and whatever I bring. I saw a recipe for Jollof (sp) rice and it looks very similiar to the mexican rice I make. I'll just get real healthy while I'm there and lose a lot of weight, so it'll all work out for the best :)

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

okay ladies i am saying it.....ewwwww. allow me to retract my statement about being an adventurous eater!!!! :blink:

Omoba: okay you called me out on VJ....I am headed upstairs right now to scan those pics of Maguette's wedding!

Filed: Other Timeline
I ate deer chilli. It was delicious.

Deer sausage too. I ate Bambie :cry:

yeah, :crying: is right, leeeave her/him alone, leeeeave bambie aaaalonnnehonnehonne :crying::crying::crying:

:rofl:

one year, I ate/tasted alligator sausage at the taste of chicago :thumbs:

oooo, wait. there was this one time me, my mom and my ex were at a chinese joint and they had clams on the half. well, I got one (thought I was going to taste/try it) and then I looked at it and my ex looked at it, then looked at me and said "since when did a clit come on the half shell!"

needless to say, that did it for me and my mom...I fell out laughing :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: Timeline

Im going to Pakistan soon and they only usually have gas stove tops to cook on no ovens. This is what i am bringing.

Several packages of Lipton chicken soup

cup a soup

powder speghetti sauce(like taco mix)

hot cocoa packages

tea bags and coffee bags

coffee mate

powder milk

pasta roni ( i opened it and put 3 boxes of it in one)

2 soup starters mixes

rice side dishes in the envelope

chrystal light powder mix for bottled water

candy(watch out they dont melt in your suitcase if its hot there now)

I just mostly and bringing powdered stuff you can add water too to make something out of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.