ReneeandSimoxp

plz i need help

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
hi everybody im really in a bad situation and i donno wut to do i got my K1 visa then i come to the state for to live with my fiancee and get married but when i came here i called her and guess wut she sad im sorry im with my boy friend she didnt tell me anything about that befor i came here i only got on way airplane ticket and now im brok i donno wut to do im only with a friend from another state i spent 4 days in a motell in the town where my fiancee lives and in the last day she sent me her bf with a gun telling me to leave or he will gonna kill me now plz advice me wut can i do i cant go to my home contery i have noone there all i had was my fother and he is died 9 months ago im lost nomoney i have nothing only god plz plz give me some advice coz i rally donno wut to do :help::help::help::(

sad man

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
hi everybody im really in a bad situation and i donno wut to do i got my K1 visa then i come to the state for to live with my fiancee and get married but when i came here i called her and guess wut she sad im sorry im with my boy friend she didnt tell me anything about that befor i came here i only got on way airplane ticket and now im brok i donno wut to do im only with a friend from another state i spent 4 days in a motell in the town where my fiancee lives and in the last day she sent me her bf with a gun telling me to leave or he will gonna kill me now plz advice me wut can i do i cant go to my home contery i have noone there all i had was my fother and he is died 9 months ago im lost nomoney i have nothing only god plz plz give me some advice coz i rally donno wut to do :help::help::help::(

im sorry to hear what has happened and i do not know what to say to u ........but i can say that it is against the law for anyone to show up with a gun and threaten to kill u ..........i know ur in a hard situation but u should have called the police and had him thrown in jail......so that there is some documentation about what she has done and had her now bf to do for her........i dont know if it would help u to stay in the states when someone has u threatened like that or not but u should call the police and at least get a report of it

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You basically have 2 choices:

Stay here illegally

Go home, contact your Embasy for assistance.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You should contact your embassy and inform them of your situation. They may be able to assist.

http://www.moroccanconsulate.com/index.cfm

Phone: (212) 758-2625. (New York: The Consulate is open from 9am till 6pm but open to the public from 10am till 2pm Monday through Thursday and from 10 am till 1pm on Fridays )

(F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm surprised she went through all that trouble to get you here in the first place then turn around and do this to you... My condolences.

Like others have said, you can contact the Embassy to get assistance. They may even allow you to stay here. I remember reading the restrictions and it mentioned that there are exceptions if your spouse is abusing you or if your life is endangered. The bottom line is, your fiancee (now wife, since you two got married), is legally responsible for you. Or at least my understanding is that you two got married. I apologize if I'm mistaken.

She signed the I-134 affidavit (in front of an officer or a notary) under oath that she will ensure you don't become a public burden.

You could also tell your story to a local newspaper or news station. I'm sure there are non-profit organizations or even attorneys (some will even do it for free to look good in front of the media) who will reach out to offer you help if they were made aware of your situation.

Edited by ILuvMyAussieGirl

Our Timeline

June 22nd, 2008: Got engaged in Sydney!

August 9th, 2008: Mailed I-129F Petition

August 11th, 2008: I-129F Petition received, signed by V SEMEGI

August 12th, 2008: NOA1 issued

August 13th, 2008: Touched

August 18th, 2008: NOA1 sent

August 20th, 2008: NOA1 hard copy received!

December 19th, 2008: Touched

December 21st, 2008: Touched (on a Sunday?)

December 22nd, 2008: NOA2 sent!

December 27th, 2008: NOA2 hard copy received

December 31st, 2008: NVC mailed petition to Sydney Consulate

January 13th, 2009: fiancée received packet 3 from Sydney Consulate

Feb 11th, 2009: fiancée returned packet 3 documents to Sydney Consulate

Feb 12th, 2009: Sydney Consulate received packet

March 6th, 2009: fiancée inquired about packet 3's status,

March 9th, 2009: Sydney Consulate claims that the interview notice was emailed out on Feb 13th, 2009 for Feb 24th and that she never showed up for the interview!!!!

March 10th, 2009: After some arguing with the Consulate, they've rescheduled an interview

March 17th, 2009: Interview is at 8AM, fiancée, approved!!!

March 19th, 2009: Fiancée received visa in the mail along with yellow envelope for POE

March 28th, 2009: I'm flying to Sydney

April 5th, 2009: We're flying back together!

April 21st, 2009: Got legally married!

PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CONSULATE A FEW DAYS AFTER MAILING IN YOUR PACKET 3 DOCUMENTS JUST IN CASE THEY EMAIL YOU AN APPOINTMENT ALMOST IMMEDIATELY AND YOU END UP NOT RECEIVING IT. THEY DO EMAILS NOW!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm surprised she went through all that trouble to get you here in the first place then turn around and do this to you... My condolences.

Like others have said, you can contact the Embassy to get assistance. They may even allow you to stay here. I remember reading the restrictions and it mentioned that there are exceptions if your spouse is abusing you or if your life is endangered. The bottom line is, your fiancee (now wife, since you two got married), is legally responsible for you. Or at least my understanding is that you two got married. I apologize if I'm mistaken.

She signed the I-134 affidavit (in front of an officer or a notary) under oath that she will ensure you don't become a public burden.

You could also tell your story to a local newspaper or news station. I'm sure there are non-profit organizations or even attorneys (some will even do it for free to look good in front of the media) who will reach out to offer you help if they were made aware of your situation.

im not sure but i dont think they got married kind of sounded like he had just landed and when he called her this happened so should he contact immigration? i mean what happened is against the law so maybe he qualifies for that abused what ever law that is in place also i think ur right even if they are not married she is responsible for him for at least 90 days right?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No marriage yet

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

I 134 is not legally enforceable.

He has not even met with his Fiancee since he arrived.

So back to two choices.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Unfortunately, Casa may not have even required the I-364 for the K-1 -- I didn't have to sign one, and I think they've only recently started asking for them again. And it's not even binding if they did. :(

This sounds like a horrible situation. To the OP, I agree, the best thing is to contact the Moroccan Embassy here and ask for their help in returning to Morocco. You entered on a K-1 and did not marry your petitioner, so you cannot stay in this country legally. I am very sorry this happened to you. (F)

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This story does not sound credible. As another noted, why would the fiancee go through all of the process (including signing an affidavit of support) only to turn away her fiance?

I am betting this is trolling. Anyone second that assessment?

Timeline
This story does not sound credible. As another noted, why would the fiancee go through all of the process (including signing an affidavit of support) only to turn away her fiance?

I am sure it has happened, but chances are that you are correct.

I find it odd that no one mentioned being threatened with a gun is a felony in this country! First things first, if you were threatened with a gun you must report it to the authorites.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
I find it odd that no one mentioned being threatened with a gun is a felony in this country! First things first, if you were threatened with a gun you must report it to the authorites.

To be picky he said he had a gun.

And none of us were there.

Police not told I assume and also no mention of witness's.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:whistle: anything is possible these days... :huh:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

It could be that the whole story isn't being told here. Maybe the petitioner was doing this for money or was told that this man had money but when he landed here with nothing, she lost her motivation.

There are some other things that don't add up either. The girl does not need to send anyone over there with a gun to get rid of this poor fellow, she just has to wait 90 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.