babybunny

YESTERDAY MY HONEY SHOULD ARRIVE, but he did not!!!!

179 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I've got you both tightly in my prayers. You know it's not right that something as simple as a misunderstanding can cause this much trouble. If you think about it, if the thugs at customs had allowed the situation to be clarified, it would have not only saved on the heart break, it would have also saved tax payer dollars (you know that thing that motivates the government) spent on the time and resources consumed on their stupid interrogations and sending him back.

You will get this straightened out enshaa Allah and my heart is bleeding for the both of you but don't give up hope. There is much ignorance in this country toward Islam and the apes simply did not understand.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
There is much ignorance in this country toward Islam and the apes simply did not understand.

As much as I agree with what you said above, I think anyone who referred to their wife while entering on a K1 would be refused.

UPDATE::

Yasin faxed his deportation papers to me and the reason for deportation is the fact that Yasin told them that I was his muslim wife "a big no-no". The CBP thought that we were committing fraud because he had a K1 visa. In Islam, I am in fact consider his wife among the community, but legally I do not have any documentations of this. I would have petition the K3 visa versus the K1, but one of the requirements for the K3 is a legal document of marriage or a marriage license, which I do not have neither. Last year, I went to the mosque and told the Imam that my K1 visa petion was denied because I had not met my fiance face-to fae. He told me that it was unislamic for me to met him without a chaperone. At that tiime, I did not have a chaperone to go with me. Therefore, I made an agreement in front of 4 witnesses, with Yasin on the telephone that I agree to marry him and vice-versa. After this verbal agreement the Imam told me that I was free to travel and do as I wish with Yasin, because he is considered my husband.

When the CBP told Yasin that he was getting deported, he did understand the reasons and was very upset. I assume they gave him the options to deport himself without getting the 5 year banned and he refused because he did not understand why they were deporting him. He requested for them to call me or get him a translator to help him understand this entire mess. He was told, that his english was good enough, therefore they had no other options but to deport him, with a 5 year banned to the uSA. I wished t hey would have allowed him to call me or give him a translator. I even called the immigrations several times that day and beg for them to allow me to help and they told me that everything was fine and they did not have any problems with paper. They intentionally did not want me to help him.

I spoke to an attorney and she said that it is an unfortunate event, because my fiance did not understand that wife in his contry means something different in our country. The word fiance is "greek" to him. The attorney said that she will try to help us, but she can't promise to left the 5 year ban. :crying::crying::crying:

Please keep us in your prayers.

Wow! Just what I asked in my PM to you the other day, goldenheart. That's unfortunate. At least now you know what your course of action will be with the immigration attorney. Keep your chin up :)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
There is much ignorance in this country toward Islam and the apes simply did not understand.

Apes? Ignorance?

Pot, Kettle?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

:lol::lol: to meauxna!

In all fairness, I don't think it had anything to do with a lack of understanding on the part of the POE agent, but rather on the OP's fiancé. It's unfortunate, but that's the facts.

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:lol::lol: to meauxna!

In all fairness, I don't think it had anything to do with a lack of understanding on the part of the POE agent, but rather on the OP's fiancé. It's unfortunate, but that's the facts.

One of the biggest drawbacks to the Regional Forums is that people don't read about processes in other countries. It's from reading a broad range of experiences that you and I are aware that fiances get tripped up at the POE for this very reason (calling each other spouse instead of fiance) or have problems arising from 'non legal' marriage ceremonies.

I'm afraid for the OP that it will be a drawn out process to resolve it all. :(

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm sorry, fiance, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, whatever, they had no right to do what they did to him as far as deporting him and not giving him a translator. Many men call their fiances wifes, and many women call their fiances husbands. He came to marry her anyway, so what was the big deal? This is very unfortunate and very unfair to both parties involved. This is a great hardship on both of them and my heart goes out to them. This can happen to any of us, regardless of the fiance/wife thing. Maybe they would find another way to pick on our husbands or wives entering the U.S. Unbelievable!

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

I'm sorry, fiance, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, whatever, they had no right to do what they did to him as far as deporting him and not giving him a translator. Many men call their fiances wifes, and many women call their fiances husbands. He came to marry her anyway, so what was the big deal? This is very unfortunate and very unfair to both parties involved. This is a great hardship on both of them and my heart goes out to them. This can happen to any of us, regardless of the fiance/wife thing. Maybe they would find another way to pick on our husbands or wives entering the U.S. Unbelievable!

While I agree it has placed goldenheart's case in a complicated position, it's not so unbelievable, and if you consider the purpose of a K-1 visa, then you should understand how a little "trip up" like this can occur. He was deported, yes, due to not understanding the Form 869 (?) but his expedited removal was a result of his mistake. I'm sensitive to the stress that goldenheart and her fiancé are under, and it is terribly sad to see, but they had options and chose K-1. Unfortunately, according to islam custom, perhaps that was not the route that was most appropriate for them. It's just sad all the way around, but through no real fault of the POE agent. He or she was doing their job.

"diaddie mermaid"

While I agree it has placed goldenheart's case in a complicated position, it's not so unbelievable, and if you consider the purpose of a K-1 visa, then you should understand how a little "trip up" like this can occur. He was deported, yes, due to not understanding the Form 869 (?) but his expedited removal was a result of his mistake. I'm sensitive to the stress that goldenheart and her fiancé are under, and it is terribly sad to see, but they had options and chose K-1. Unfortunately, according to islam custom, perhaps that was not the route that was most appropriate for them. It's just sad all the way around, but through no real fault of the POE agent. He or she was doing their job.

I agree with this.. :thumbs:

for the longest time I did not understand why marry. but call it just a religous ceremony and call it not real.

I still cant understand it. I think people are under the assumption if you dont registar the marriage then it did not happen. I think thats what happend. :(

shon.gif

I agree with this.. :thumbs:

for the longest time I did not understand why marry. but call it just a religous ceremony and call it not real.

I still cant understand it. I think people are under the assumption if you dont registar the marriage then it did not happen. I think thats what happend. :(

Our local mosque stopped performing Islamic only marriages and will only do the civil and Islamic together - or you have to show you have already had the civil done. Too many problems... some men marrying for "temporary" marriages, other issues with courts not honoring marriage contracts if the marriage ends, and other headaches they would prefer to avoid.

It is a tough situation for Golden Heart and I hope it can be resolved.

Rebecca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have an older version of this book (2001 or 2002) I think, and in it the author says it's a-ok for a couple to be religiously/culturally married and apply for a k-1 visa. The author also says it's ok to let the USCIS/counslate know this during the visa process. Perhaps a few years ago this was ok, since it appears that some immigration lawyers and authors still give that advice.

Is this addressed in the guides/visa faqs at the top of the page? I know my husband and I were religiously married in Egypt prior to doing the K-1, but after the advice from the forum here, we were quite careful to only refer to ourselves as fiances (since we were in the legal sense).

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Is this addressed in the guides/visa faqs at the top of the page? I know my husband and I were religiously married in Egypt prior to doing the K-1, but after the advice from the forum here, we were quite careful to only refer to ourselves as fiances (since we were in the legal sense).

I think that is the issue here. It's not that it's not permitted to have the non-legal ceremony, but referring to your fiancee as your wife is a big no-no.

I am so sorry to hear this and I will keep you both in my prayers. My heart goes out to you and you have to be a great woman to hold it together as well as you are I think I would be locked up in a mental hospital.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think that is the issue here. It's not that it's not permitted to have the non-legal ceremony, but referring to your fiancee as your wife is a big no-no.

From what I've seen lately, any wiff of anything remotely marriage like can be the death knell of a K-1 visa. There was a couple from India that had an elaborate engagement ceremony that the consulate thought looked marriage like. Even though they weren't married in the least, not even culturally or religiously, their case was still held up for deeper investigations.

Hopefully a good lawyer can resolve this situation, although I wouldn't stay with the lawyer who gave the faulty advice in the first place (ie the one who adviced the filing of a hardship meeting waiver, etc).

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

I'm so sorry this slip of the tongue has landed you such difficulties :( I really hope the lawyer can do something to help you out.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.