e-migra

What's wrong with American milk?

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The difference is that American milk is homogenized and European milk isn't

European milk is usually homogenized as well.

Of course, you can buy non-homogenized milk here or in Europe.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
European milk is in plastic bottles, well that's how you buy it in the supermarket here. Makes no difference.

I prefer tetra pack :thumbs:

7793940085000.JPG

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

most places can't recycle tetra packs yet though :(

and for me, packaging comes in a close second to the quality of the food...

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline

oh, meant to say -

I also agree about the food additives... both that they're unnecessary and awful, and that they're almost definitely behind a GREAT deal of other problems :angry:

if enough of us voted with our feet - and maybe wrote to some of these companies - I wonder if it would make any difference? probably not, in the end.. there'll always be too many people willing to buy ####### :(

*sigh*

I've had enough of this world; can I have a new one please? :P

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

StP - I know what you mean - Jeremy is constantly mocking me for doing things like turning off lights and saying that it doesn't save that much energy/money etc. because we use energy-saving lightbulbs but if everyone thinks like that then how is anything ever going to change!? But at the same time you almost wonder why you bother because no-one else seems to care :(

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I also didn't care much until I saw the Al Gore documentary. That really freaked me out and now I take very quick showers, unplug all the appliances we're not using and turn off every light unless we need it. Little by little, even though it doesn't seem like much.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

What documentary was that? Sounds like I need to get Jeremy to watch it :D

Ahh - think I have found it ;)

This one?

http://www.climatecrisis.net/

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline

An Inconvenient Truth is an EXCELLENT film :yes:

everyone should watch it, and then watch it again with all their friends and family :D

The Prince Charles Cinema (FABBO cinema in the centre of London) felt that it was so important that they had at least one screening of it per week, throughout 2007; they said they wanted everyone to have the chance to watch it, and to bring their friends :)

and we've already partly answered our own question!! we all feel like we're doing tiny bits on our own, but we're not alone... there are lots of us doing tiny bits, which, added up, is a big bit :)

and the rest of the answer to the question is - it's just the right thing to do... even when I feel most discouraged, and like nothing I do EVER makes any difference to ANYTHING, I know deep down that treading lightly on the earth, and not buggering it up just because I'm lazy, or don't care about the next generation, or whatever, isn't right... I think I'd still try to live environmentally even if I was the only one, and the end was inevitable :)

glad I'm not, and it's not, though :D;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Yeah - I feel a little better about myself but I have a terrible habit of forgetting my re-usable bags :wacko: I have a neat pile of them in the house and when we get a car they will live in the book/trunk. The van is such a mess right now that they would just get lost under all the junk :unsure: So we have a trillion plastic bags which I have kept so I can re-use them for bin-liners and cat poop. Ok so they are still being used but at least they aren't going straight into the bin... They're beginning to take over the kitchen though :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

#######!!! I just wrote a nice little post on the documentary and recycling and using the grocery plastic bags for cat poop and poof! I accidentally erased it. Augh!!!

Anyway... :rolleyes:

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Sorry, but I NEED to know: is that me, or American milk is... odd? I mean, it's like white ink, it doesn't look like milk, it's too thick, and it doesn't have any flavour and taste. My question is: am I crazy, or there's really a difference between European and American milk?
I dunno - I think drinking milk is absolutely disgusting.

But FWIW, the milk here looks the same as the milk in Russia or anywhere else I've been.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline

I've had a few friends who don't like anything dairy, milk, yogurt, cheese, none of that. I personally think they're missing out. ^_^

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Funny,

my fiancé always wondered at the beginning why I was turning the lights off when I left a room, or why I would turn off the water while washing my hair in the shower (you know when you put the shampoo in). And now ever since he got back to the US henoticed these differences a lot and does it like I do it. He is often complaining about his family just leaving everything on while no one is at home (tv, lights etc.) Or this recycling system we have in Germany. He always throws plastic bottles in the trash and I always take them out and bring them back to the store. I hatet it when they introduced it some years ago but now I think its useful.same with paper recycling.

I don't know for me this is normal. My parents alsways told me so when I was younger and we just do it this way. And we also have energy saving light bulbs everywhere. However, I wouldn't say we are environmentalists ;-) But personally I think it is important to take care for our natural resources.

Also I noticed that in the US food tastes very different, somehow chemical. SO once I will get there I think Ill really have to find out what I can eat. Good thing is we already have a bread machine. What would a German be without good black whole grain bread? Right; nothing.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Tom got into the whole swing of recycling when he was stationed in the UK. Every two weeks a truck comes round to take the recycling away so it's really easy to recycle here. Hopefully he'll keep doing it when he returns to the US, I know I will be.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.