e-migra

What's wrong with American milk?

88 posts in this topic

Hi!

Sorry, but I NEED to know: is that me, or American milk is... odd? I mean, it's like white ink, it doesn't look like milk, it's too thick, and it doesn't have any flavour and taste. My question is: am I crazy, or there's really a difference between European and American milk?

Moooooo!

e-migra

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Its because the cows are kept in barns from the day they're born until they day they die. They're fed synthetic feeds and shot with antibiotics all the time.

If you're used to organic milk from free range grass fed cows, yeah, its going to taste a bit different.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There are so many different kinds of American milk. You are going to have to be more specific on exactly what kind you drank before I can even begin to comment.

I drink Oberweis skim & chocolate.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not sure how it works in Europe but here in the US there are different types of milk... Whole Milk, 2%, Skim Milk etc.. whole milk will be more thick then 2% or skim milk...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

To me, milk is milk no matter where you get it. I've had it here and in Colombia fresh from the cow and it still tastes the same. My husband didn't have any issues with it when he got here either. And again like other members have said, there are many kinds, whole milk has all the fat content it comes with, 2% has less fat, 1% has even less fat, skim milk has very little fat and non-fat, well that one doesn't have any fat whatsoever. It tastes like water and has very little color but you get used to it after a while. ^_^

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Yes, i agree with OP 100%. Yes, there is definitely something wrong. I was alsking and telling to my husband and people around me forever, hm, they had no clue, all of them were US. When I wash the cup from milk it dye the water, looks really bad. Doesnt taste like our European milk. I m Czech but have lived in Scotland for couple of years and I would say their milk is better than czech but milk here taste like water with some dye. I have tried fat milk, skimmed milk, semmi milk, all the same fake milk. And unfortunatelly Im not going to spend fortune on organic milk or get the cow in our back yard.

Well, lots of US food taste different, sugar, salt, sugar and salt. Sometimes I wander what really it is made of. read interesting book about food and how CJD started and all this stuff, I think itha name was Insomnia something. we dont want to know....so Ill continue to drink this white stuff.

MARRIED Dec 22, 2007

AOS

Jan 10, 2008 - AOS/EAD/AP Submitted to Chicago

Jan 16, 2008 - AOS/EAD/AP Notice of Action 3x

Feb 1, 2008 - AOS Transfer to California

Feb 23, 2008 - received NOA for BIO App.

March 5, 2008 - AP I-131 - approval sent

March 11, 2008 - AP received with wrong date of birth

March 12, 2008 - applying again for AP

March 18, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment Tampa (for I-485 & I-765)

March 21, 2008 - EAD Card Production Ordered

March 25, 2008 - EAD Approval Notice sent

April 23, 2008 - AOS Card Production Ordered

April 23, 2008 - Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

April 29, 2008 - Received GREEN CARD

Sept 21, 2009 - Divorce

Dec 9, 2009 - I left USA to go back home

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I remember not liking ketchup or Coke in Colombia, that stuff is just too weird down there.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi E-migra,

Hmmm...I don't know about European milk, as I've never had such. However, in my opinion, one theory as to why American milk is "different" could be the fact that they are stored in plastic jugs, whcih could affect it's taste. I never did like milk in "jugs", both taste-wise (there's some strange taste to it), and practical wise (those things are so darn heavy to carry). I perfer my milk in cartons (which I usually buy instead), or in bags (which I wish I could get here in the USA, as that's only a Canadian thing). Hmmm...maybe I should also try getting milk "fresh from the cow" from a farmer too, as there certainly are a lot of dairy farmers around the rural area where I live...

Ant (Drinking milk out of cartons and bags...)

Hi!

Sorry, but I NEED to know: is that me, or American milk is... odd? I mean, it's like white ink, it doesn't look like milk, it's too thick, and it doesn't have any flavour and taste. My question is: am I crazy, or there's really a difference between European and American milk?

Moooooo!

e-migra

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I personally was surprised to see how short the "Best by" dates are.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I don't really notice any difference with the milk....but I bought some bread two weeks and there still is no sign of mould on it :unsure: I threw it out anyway but my bread maker arrived today :dance:

The milk here tastes normal to me :huh:

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

we buy 2% and I like it :)

bread... not so much :unsure:

there's no substance too it... it's too sweet... goes soggy when you butter it after toasting... it's just icky

I'm also making my own, but without the machine... I'm LOVING learning all about the different types, and getting confident with yeast, and things like that :D

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.