thetreble

In need of your real estate help!

92 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
haha

I AM important. :lol: That reminds me of this life coaching class my mum has been going to for the past few months. About 30 women go every Thursday to learn lessons about themselves and how to live their lives better.

My mum really enjoys it and she talks to me about it all the time. She reads more now and therefore is more of a critical thinker. However, it is sad for me to hear some of the things she says or thinks about herself. I helped her out with an exercise a few weeks ago where she had to state 5 things that she though and believed defined her as a person. (ie. I AM a good mother) She was so shy and embarressed with me. I said to her, "mum...you have to be more confident because none of those ladies are going to judge you. You have to be secure in who you are.."

After all these years of just being a mum sometimes I think she has lost it a bit...her sense of self. She defined herself through us. I never want that to happen to me.

That's really interesting Amanda. I sometimes wonder if when we look at Mothers or parents and how they change when they have children and then when the children grow up if we don't mistake the perceived 'loss of identity' with Mothers just being....Mothers. That they are complex persons just like everyone else and are not necessarily always 'one' thing/type - that there are different parts of them that are sometimes more prominent than at other times.

And I for one actually do care what happens with your housing offer - it is important :)

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I can hold a big VJ Tea Party? :D

Interesting what you say about loss of identity/mothers just being mothers. My mum stopped working over 30 years ago. At times she can be very out of touch with humanity. But you are right...she is more than just a mother. She is a complex person that I'm only starting to understand at this point in my life. Her inability to be confident about who she THINKS she is, is a sign of her shyness and in regards to the fact that my grandpa constantly put her down as a child. I'm glad she talks about it openly with me though. I'm glad that we can be friends now that I am older. She did a great job if I don't say so myself. haha

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Though New Jersey housing prices have been falling along with those in most of the rest of the country, Hughes said the state's housing market has not yet hit bottom.

"We're only about halfway there on the price decline," he said.

One reason for the prolonged decline, he said, is that New Jersey housing prices rose 135 percent between 1998 and 2006, far outpacing a comparable rise in income, and far ahead of the 85 percent rise in housing prices nationally.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2008/10/20/ap5580351.html

Filed: Timeline
We are going to be writing the offer tonight around 5pm. I will keep all of you updated so that you know what is going on in my life..because I'm so incredibly important to all of you. :lol:

You're important to me too. :luv:

I AM important. :lol: That reminds me of this life coaching class my mum has been going to for the past few months. About 30 women go every Thursday to learn lessons about themselves and how to live their lives better.

Tell her to run if they start bringing out the mirrors. :thumbs:

That's really interesting Amanda. I sometimes wonder if when we look at Mothers or parents and how they change when they have children and then when the children grow up if we don't mistake the perceived 'loss of identity' with Mothers just being....Mothers. That they are complex persons just like everyone else and are not necessarily always 'one' thing/type - that there are different parts of them that are sometimes more prominent than at other times.

Funny. I have the exact opposite problem. I can't get my kids to see that I am more than just a mother. LOL

iagree.gif

Though New Jersey housing prices have been falling along with those in most of the rest of the country, Hughes said the state's housing market has not yet hit bottom.

One reason for the prolonged decline, he said, is that New Jersey housing prices rose 135 percent between 1998 and 2006, far outpacing a comparable rise in income, and far ahead of the 85 percent rise in housing prices nationally.

Some areas are like that. Their location is what makes them desirable. I doubt prices are going to drop substantially more. There's an election on the horizon with renewed hope for the future. It's a buyer's market right now so the prices are pretty competitive. People are going to start taking advantage of that, which will start driving the prices up again.

iagree.gif

Timeline

The only reason why they look like they are falling is because they may be falling in certain areas. If you live any where by Manhattan, which we do, they have only fallen slightly. ie. in our present town, a house just sold beside us for $450K. It was originally listed at 48kK. We border Newark, Irvington and Elizabeth. (ie. dangerous towns) Therefore, our town has considerable crime for it's population.

So overall you may see a drop because it is dropping more in some areas then others. But I assure you that it is still completely unaffordable and why we chose to move to North West Jersey and commute to work every day.

Krikit-Your children will see you as more than a mother when they get older. When you are a kid you are totally incapable of really seeing your parent as a human being and not just your parent.

My eyes filled with grit

Krikit-Your children will see you as more than a mother when they get older. When you are a kid you are totally incapable of really seeing your parent as a human being and not just your parent.

Amanda, have you seen my children on fb? They're almost as old as me! :lol:

In fact, they're older than you!

iagree.gif

Timeline

:lol:

Really? Than totally disregard what I said. Some times I'm a little dense. haha

We put in an offer last night for $237,000. The condo is for sale for 244,900. The only reason we didn't go lower on the offer is because she really priced her condo to sell. All of the other condos for sale in the complex at 260K and up so we couldn't come in too low. I'm going to be talking to the mortgage company today to see if we can roll some closing costs into the mortgage. Wish me luck! I should be hearing from my agent today telling me the news.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
Best of luck!! :) I know you'll let us know when you do...because you know how much we love you and how important you are to us! ;):P

Duh :innocent:

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Best of luck!! :) I know you'll let us know when you do...because you know how much we love you and how important you are to us! ;):P

Duh :innocent:

Oh I hope you get it! That sounds like a really reasonable offer to me. Interesting that you won't hear until the next day, the times that I have sold houses it was always back and forth and decided within a couple of hours.

Good luck!

Oh I hope you get it! That sounds like a really reasonable offer to me. Interesting that you won't hear until the next day, the times that I have sold houses it was always back and forth and decided within a couple of hours.

Good luck!

I know! It's very strange here. (Strange as in different.... not strange as in weird.) I was surprised to find that out when we were going through the negotiating process with a couple of houses here.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Really? Well we didn't sign the offer until about 6pm so maybe that is why? Our agent said that he will fax it over to the seller's agent but that the seller would probably sleep on it. I'm still convinced she's an older woman and is either going into a retirement community or maybe going to live with one of her children. Either way, I'm hoping this process goes pretty fast. The agent said when all is said and done, we should have the keys by mid-December.

My eyes filled with grit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.