thetreble

In need of your real estate help!

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
That's a nice place but if you wait another year you can buy it or a similar place for 10 - 15% less.

OMG! Do you own a Magic 8 Ball?!!!!! :o

:rofl:

Seriously, though, what does make you think that will be true. Housing prices are tanking right now!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
That's a nice place but if you wait another year you can buy it or a similar place for 10 - 15% less.

Um I live in New Jersey, not in Idaho. The housing prices in NJ have probably fallen only slightly in comparison to most other states. We have some of the priciest real estate in the country.

I agree it will probably go down, but once it goes back up we are screwed. With a decent house starting around 400K, and me only being 24 years old, I think I'm going to have to wait to buy that kind of house just yet. Not to mention the ridiculous property taxes here. So as far as it going down 15% from here, probably not for me unfortunately.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

I love the look of the condo Amanda! Its beautiful!

And hey the furniture isn't all that bad, all you need is some teased hair and some blue eyeshadow to go along with it. You could sit on that hot couch and watch reruns of Miami Vice. :rofl:

Donne moi une poptart!

Let us know how this unfolds! I love the roominess of the place...it looks spacious and clean! I'm sure it's a huge step up from apartment living. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

:lol:

That I would, my dear.

Oh the furniture is terrible. I'm pretty sure it's an old, single lady who lives in there though. She has like 4 cats. It's going to be a task to get that place smelling a little more fresh. I'm saw some litter boxes so I'm hoping that the cats piss in there and not on the carpets. The carpets looked pretty pee-free though. I will steam clean the carpets and hopefully get some products to get rid of the smell. It's not too bad but it is a little gross for my liking. (I don't really like cats, you see.)

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

Um I live in New Jersey, not in Idaho. The housing prices in NJ have probably fallen only slightly in comparison to most other states. We have some of the priciest real estate in the country.

I agree it will probably go down, but once it goes back up we are screwed. With a decent house starting around 400K, and me only being 24 years old, I think I'm going to have to wait to buy that kind of house just yet. Not to mention the ridiculous property taxes here. So as far as it going down 15% from here, probably not for me unfortunately.

Word! My inlaws pay 14,000 a year in property taxes!

I am terrfied of buying here. I am terrified that we'll screw ourselves over and somehow end up like so many others out there. I agree about getting a condo, its a great value and thats the direction Mike wants to go if we buy. There's some nice places around here for 200,000 which is sadly a great price. Though I look at housing prices back in my old town and see that 200,000 can buy you a fully unattached home with all the bells and whistles. Its kind of a kick in the a$$.

And hey the furniture isn't all that bad, all you need is some teased hair and some blue eyeshadow to go along with it. You could sit on that hot couch and watch reruns of Miami Vice. :rofl:

That was the 60's! :bonk:

Blue mascara and blue eyeshadow was also big in the 80s. omg boy george wore blue eyeshadow! So did Madonna! :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

Blue mascara and blue eyeshadow was also big in the 80s. omg boy george wore blue eyeshadow! So did Madonna! :lol:

OMG, it was?!!!! :lol: I was so not "in" in the 80's then! :o

iagree.gif

Timeline

OMG, it was?!!!! :lol: I was so not "in" in the 80's then! :o

I think that's something to be proud of though krikit, some of the worst fashion trends happened in the 80's. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

:lol:

but also some of the best! Teased hair was big in both the 60s in the 80s; the difference is, is that in the 60s it was teased underneath and made to look smooth, and in the 80s it was how crappy can you make it look by teasing it so we can see every individual dried out piece of hair. haha

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

We are going to be writing the offer tonight around 5pm. I will keep all of you updated so that you know what is going on in my life..because I'm so incredibly important to all of you. :lol:

My eyes filled with grit

We are going to be writing the offer tonight around 5pm. I will keep all of you updated so that you know what is going on in my life..because I'm so incredibly important to all of you. :lol:

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you had put an offer in already. :hehe:

You ARE important. We wuv you! :luv::lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

haha

I AM important. :lol: That reminds me of this life coaching class my mum has been going to for the past few months. About 30 women go every Thursday to learn lessons about themselves and how to live their lives better.

My mum really enjoys it and she talks to me about it all the time. She reads more now and therefore is more of a critical thinker. However, it is sad for me to hear some of the things she says or thinks about herself. I helped her out with an exercise a few weeks ago where she had to state 5 things that she though and believed defined her as a person. (ie. I AM a good mother) She was so shy and embarressed with me. I said to her, "mum...you have to be more confident because none of those ladies are going to judge you. You have to be secure in who you are.."

After all these years of just being a mum sometimes I think she has lost it a bit...her sense of self. She defined herself through us. I never want that to happen to me.

My eyes filled with grit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.