thetreble

In need of your real estate help!

92 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I really like this site for its setup: Zillow

I can't find that foreclosure site I was referring to. Hopefully, Trailmix bookmarked it. I'm such a loser.

I don't have it! I just looked in my messages here and i'm down to deleting our 'houses' convo - but...I now need to go look in my regular email!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I can't find that foreclosure site I was referring to. Hopefully, Trailmix bookmarked it. I'm such a loser.

I don't have it! I just looked in my messages here and i'm down to deleting our 'houses' convo - but...I now need to go look in my regular email!

#######! I already did all that. :lol: I can't believe I didn't bookmark it. :bonk:

iagree.gif

Timeline

No, not in there that I can see.

Timeline

Watch out for foreclosed properties or "short sales" they can take a long time to complete the sale!!

As well many owners gut the house if they are going to loose it--they sel everything includign the cupboards, so they may look nice from the outside, but inside totally different story

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Watch out for foreclosed properties or "short sales" they can take a long time to complete the sale!!

As well many owners gut the house if they are going to loose it--they sel everything includign the cupboards, so they may look nice from the outside, but inside totally different story

My agent warned me about the foreclosed property taking a long time to complete the sale. Are they allowed to take stuff out of the house if we have bought the house? The reason I ask is because I'm looking at a house tonight that supposedly the bank is taking over and its GORGEOUS inside! Would they be allowed to take stuff from the house?

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

They usaully do this just before loosing the house. idiots

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

haha Mike is trying to get me to buy a home, a condo or a townhome that we can rent out when we go back to Canada. But I just don't feel comfortable attaching myself to anything. In other words, I have a hard time with commitment. :lol:

His parents are like: "But it's the American dream to own a home!"

Well I guess I just ain't dreaming hard enough.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

hubby said he went by his old house in MD this week.. it had a foreclosure sign on it. the front window was boarded up like it had been smashed, and when he peeked in the windows, the paint color was the same as when he lived there. Now almost 8 years later the property value has dropped almost 80K.. YIKES. He said the condition of the house was almost enough to make him cry (He had the house built 8 years ago). Poor thing.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have not read the whole thread so forgive me if someone has said this already.

When you right and offer on the house, right the offer for a certain amount and ask the home buyers for money in return. Usually in a good market you would offer them what they are asking and then ask for $5000 for closing cost. Right now the market obviously is not so hot. So you would not want to offer what they are asking and still ask for money at closing.

If they house needed a significant repair you could ask for that money too, but would need a building inspecter and an estimate of what it would cost to fix.

I hope that helps.

Hey Guys and Gals,

As some of you know, my hubby and I have been looking to purchase a home. We thought we had enough money saved up but us as first time home buyers and not thinking about closing costs, I didn't realize how much they were. I went on the Chase site, our potential lender, to get a rough estimate and they are giving me about $6,500 to 7 respectively for closing costs.

Do any of you know which of the CC are negotiable from your experience?

Also, can someone with a real estate brain explain to me what "points" mean on a mortgage!

Thanks in advance.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline
haha Mike is trying to get me to buy a home, a condo or a townhome that we can rent out when we go back to Canada. But I just don't feel comfortable attaching myself to anything. In other words, I have a hard time with commitment. :lol:

So now you are are moving back to Canada?? Don't leave me!! haha

That is really sad E, especially because he built the house. Looking at all these houses...some of them are so shady. Either the area is shady or it hasn't been updated in 50 years. As first time home buyers, we do not have the equity to put money into anything for a few years at least. Therefore, I can't buy a fixer-upper.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

So now you are are moving back to Canada?? Don't leave me!! haha

That is really sad E, especially because he built the house. Looking at all these houses...some of them are so shady. Either the area is shady or it hasn't been updated in 50 years. As first time home buyers, we do not have the equity to put money into anything for a few years at least. Therefore, I can't buy a fixer-upper.

Not now but eventually. Like I said I don't know, and I am so afraid to tie myself to something because well..I don't know.

I mean right now I plan it, but who knows in a few years right? Thats what I'm afraid of. I guess I find it hard to commit myself at all...to anything. I'm terrible. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.