TX101

N-400 2008 October Filers

358 posts in this topic

Hi oldahmed,

I have very good news :thumbs: (the best "LUCK" Friday 13th ever) my infopass helped a great deal. Yesterday morning (3/13/2009) i went to Fairfax VA USCIS Ofiice at 2675 Prosperity Ave.

When i arrived i talked to the IO and she told me that i should not have made an infopass because it has not been 90 days and i must wait 120 days. I told her that i have been waiting 5 weeks + and nothing came in the mail i just want to know what my status at this point because i have canceled may trips many times and put my life and family on hold waiting for the oath letter in the mail. She told me to write a letter to USCIS about my trip abroad and for sure they will get back to me. So for every question i had she had a negative answer and she just wanted to get rid of me fast.

Finally, a change of heart from the IO when i told her that i'm not asking for much but to find out what is going on and that the IO that interviewed me promised that i will receive my oath letter the next day or a week after i was approved/passed. She told me he should not have told you such promises and then she started to type something in her computer and her face change which jumped started my heart. Then she told me to wait a few minutes and took my A # and went to the back offices in the waiting area on the ground floor.

At this point i thought something bad was going to happen because of Friday the 13th. She came back after 3 minutes and told me that my oath letter has been sent out and i should get it in the mail in a few days. Then she told me that my oath ceremony is going to be at Fairfax VA DO USCIS office at 2675 Prosperity Ave on 3/23/2009. So i was happy and said thank you to her and the last thing she said to me was to come for the oath ceremony even if i don't get the oath letter in the mail. A few hours later in the afternoon my lawyer received my oath ceremony letter notification in the mail and i have not yet received anything in my mail. I'm not worried anymore because if i don't receive my letter i can take the lawyers copy and go for my oath or just show up.

I hope you get something oldahmed soon.

Good luck all and the end to my journey is near 10 days and counting :dance:

Thank you all for helping and i wish everyone the best of luck.

My time Line below:

Virginia-Fairfax VA

N400 Sent - 10/27/2008 VSC

N400 Received - 10/29/2008

NOA Receipt (RTN) date - 11/01/2008 (received by mail 11/07/2008)

Fingerprint Notification - 11/07/2008 (received by mail 11/10/2008)

Finger Appointment 11AM - 12/05/2008 (Completed) Alexandria VA, DONE

Interview Letter Received 01/07/2009

Interview -Date 02/04/2009 Approved –passed test

Oath letter send - xx/xx/2009 waiting still

Oath date - Final 03/23/2009 at USCIS DO Fairfax VA

My congratulations to you. I have my good news too. I too received my oath letter. It's on March 20th. Actually I'm happy that I had to wait since my wife will be visiting me starting next week, so she can be with me at the oath ceremony.

oldahmed,

is your oath ceremony at Fairfax VA DO USCIS office at 2675 Prosperity Ave on 3/20/2009?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Are you on the 3.15pm oath ceremony ?

Hi oldahmed,

I have very good news :thumbs: (the best "LUCK" Friday 13th ever) my infopass helped a great deal. Yesterday morning (3/13/2009) i went to Fairfax VA USCIS Ofiice at 2675 Prosperity Ave.

When i arrived i talked to the IO and she told me that i should not have made an infopass because it has not been 90 days and i must wait 120 days. I told her that i have been waiting 5 weeks + and nothing came in the mail i just want to know what my status at this point because i have canceled may trips many times and put my life and family on hold waiting for the oath letter in the mail. She told me to write a letter to USCIS about my trip abroad and for sure they will get back to me. So for every question i had she had a negative answer and she just wanted to get rid of me fast.

Finally, a change of heart from the IO when i told her that i'm not asking for much but to find out what is going on and that the IO that interviewed me promised that i will receive my oath letter the next day or a week after i was approved/passed. She told me he should not have told you such promises and then she started to type something in her computer and her face change which jumped started my heart. Then she told me to wait a few minutes and took my A # and went to the back offices in the waiting area on the ground floor.

At this point i thought something bad was going to happen because of Friday the 13th. She came back after 3 minutes and told me that my oath letter has been sent out and i should get it in the mail in a few days. Then she told me that my oath ceremony is going to be at Fairfax VA DO USCIS office at 2675 Prosperity Ave on 3/23/2009. So i was happy and said thank you to her and the last thing she said to me was to come for the oath ceremony even if i don't get the oath letter in the mail. A few hours later in the afternoon my lawyer received my oath ceremony letter notification in the mail and i have not yet received anything in my mail. I'm not worried anymore because if i don't receive my letter i can take the lawyers copy and go for my oath or just show up.

My time Line below:

Virginia-Fairfax VA

My congratulations to you. I have my good news too. I too received my oath letter. It's on March 20th. Actually I'm happy that I had to wait since my wife will be visiting me starting next week, so she can be with me at the oath ceremony.

Are you on the 3.15pm oath ceremony ?

Hi oldahmed,

My time Line below:

Virginia-Fairfax VA

My appointment is at 10:00 AM.

Hi oldahmed,

My time Line below:

Virginia-Fairfax VA

oldahmed,

is your oath ceremony at Fairfax VA DO USCIS office at 2675 Prosperity Ave on 3/20/2009?

Yes it is. At 10:00 AM.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Hi oldahmed,

My time Line below:

Virginia-Fairfax VA

Congratulations to you oldahmed, :dance::dance:

I knew you will get something in the mail i guess the people who had an interview on Feb 4 are getting the oath letter in the mail now wooohooo. :thumbs:

So what do i need to take with for the oath ceremony? just the green and my ID's like Drivers license, foreign passport, SS card...... Please let me know on what to take with me. I just don't want to carry all the docs with me. Will they need more Docs to see just in case they as for them should i carry everything i had during the interview?

Anyone please share you oath ceremony experience.

Thank you and a week more to go for all of us to become USC :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Thank you.

You need to fill the back of the letter you received. I assume that if there is any change in your situation since the interview; took a trip abroad, got married, got a ticket, ... you need to provide evidence. In my case nothing has changed, and my citizenship is not based on marriage, so I'm bringing the appointment letter, my Green card, my passport, and my Id card. Since my appointment is before yours, I will give you more details after the 20th.

Good luck every one.

My timeline:

Date Filed : 2008-10-27

NOA Date : 2008-10-31

Bio. Appt. : 2008-12-06

Interview Date : 2009-02-04

Oath Date: 2009-03-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

oldahmed,

I have to apologize, for some reason I called you "Lappa" who is a January filer in the Washington DC office. :unsure::wacko:

Anyways, I'm so happy for you that you finally got your oath letter. :dance: I've been waiting with you.

oldahmed,

I have to apologize, for some reason I called you "Lappa" who is a January filer in the Washington DC office. :unsure::wacko:

Anyways, I'm so happy for you that you finally got your oath letter. :dance: I've been waiting with you.

Hey I didn't notice that :)

Thank you Stella. You've been of a great support. I hope you won't have to wait. Same day oath for you hopefuly ;)

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Hi oldahmed,

My time Line below:

Virginia-Fairfax VA

Congratulations to you oldahmed, :dance::dance:

I knew you will get something in the mail i guess the people who had an interview on Feb 4 are getting the oath letter in the mail now wooohooo. :thumbs:

So what do i need to take with for the oath ceremony? just the green and my ID's like Drivers license, foreign passport, SS card...... Please let me know on what to take with me. I just don't want to carry all the docs with me. Will they need more Docs to see just in case they as for them should i carry everything i had during the interview?

Anyone please share you oath ceremony experience.

Thank you and a week more to go for all of us to become USC :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Thank you.

You need to fill the back of the letter you received. I assume that if there is any change in your situation since the interview; took a trip abroad, got married, got a ticket, ... you need to provide evidence. In my case nothing has changed, and my citizenship is not based on marriage, so I'm bringing the appointment letter, my Green card, my passport, and my Id card. Since my appointment is before yours, I will give you more details after the 20th.

Good luck every one.

My timeline:

Date Filed : 2008-10-27

NOA Date : 2008-10-31

Bio. Appt. : 2008-12-06

Interview Date : 2009-02-04

Oath Date: 2009-03-20

Hi oldahmed,

Thank you for all your help, and yes please tell me what happens and what to bring for the oath ceremony. My citizenship is based on marriage, and it will be helpful to get the right docs for the oath ceremony. My wife and children will come to my oath. Please please oldahmed let me know what happens after your oath ceremony on what to bring with me and what the process is and what must be done when you arrive for the oath. I greatly thank you for all your help and information you have provided.

Congratulations again and i wish you all the best :thumbs::dance::thumbs:

oldahmed,

Thank you Stella. You've been of a great support. I hope you won't have to wait. Same day oath for you hopefuly ;)

Hi oldahmed,

Congratulation again i hope today went well with the oath ceremony. Please when you get a chance post your experience i really want to know a few things to get ready for next weeks oath ceremony. Do i fill out and sign the questioner before i arrive or when i see an IO in the USCIS Fairfax VA office. What should i take with me to hand back to USCIS.. example: green card old and new, all docs. for traveling from USCIS, Work permit ID card and so on....

Also, shall i bring all my docs that i took for interview with me because my citizenship is based on marriage. For example marriage certificate, our kids birth certificate and so on......

Please state detail info on how the process for the oath ceremony?

Thank you again oldahmed for all your help, and i hope you can post your experience since my oath is on the 23th March.

All the best :dance:

OATH CEREMONY

1 WEST CAMPBEL , SAN JOSE, CA

MARCH 19,2009 3pm

NOW GOTA GET THE PASSPORT

DONE AT LAST WITH USCIS

Edited by Nikita2Charles

Gone but not Forgotten!

oldahmed,

Hi oldahmed,

Congratulation again i hope today went well with the oath ceremony. Please when you get a chance post your experience i really want to know a few things to get ready for next weeks oath ceremony. Do i fill out and sign the questioner before i arrive or when i see an IO in the USCIS Fairfax VA office. What should i take with me to hand back to USCIS.. example: green card old and new, all docs. for traveling from USCIS, Work permit ID card and so on....

Also, shall i bring all my docs that i took for interview with me because my citizenship is based on marriage. For example marriage certificate, our kids birth certificate and so on......

Thank you again oldahmed for all your help, and i hope you can post your experience since my oath is on the 23th March.

Hi everyone,

Here is my experience with the oath ceremony:

Appointment: March 20, 2009 at 10:00 AM.

I was there at 9:45, went through security checks (Camera and cellphones allowed). We were directed to the waiting room at the 1st level. At about 10:30 a lady came and spoke to us. She told us to make 3 lines and get the oath letter and the green card in hand (no other documents were required). The lines were organized according to the last 3 digits of the Alien number (A#) on the green card. I waited in line then when my turn came, I handed out my oath letter and green card to the officer, he searched for my citizenship certificate, he gave me a copy of it to check if the info are accurate, then asked me to sign it. He then gave me a white envelope where he wrote the number of my seat in the ceremony room. He directed me to another waiting area.

Another person came and took us up to the second floor to the ceremony room where we were seated by numbers. The guests and family members were seated at the back of the room. We waited there until everybody was seated while music and a documentary were played and we were given small American flags. The waiting was quite long (about 45min).

The ceremony started when an immigration officer explained to us what to do and what not to do with the citizenship certificate, then another person came (I think the head of the Immigration office or something like that), he gave a small speech, then they started calling people by name to hand them out the certificate. We were allowed to take pictures during and after the ceremony.

So, this is the whole experience.

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

oldahmed,

Congratulations, finally you're all done!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Thank you Stella. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. My citizenship journey is over, now I need to start another journey. Getting a fiancee visa for my Fiancee. I referred to her as my wife in other posts, but we are not legally married yet so I need to get her a fiancee visa.

Good luck to you and to everyone

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
oldahmed,

Congratulations, finally you're all done!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Thank you Stella. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. My citizenship journey is over, now I need to start another journey. Getting a fiancee visa for my Fiancee. I referred to her as my wife in other posts, but we are not legally married yet so I need to get her a fiancee visa.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll receive her fiancee visa soon. You probably have been apart for a long time.

oldahmed,

Hi oldahmed,

Hi everyone,

Here is my experience with the oath ceremony:

Appointment: March 20, 2009 at 10:00 AM.

I was there at 9:45, went through security checks (Camera and cellphones allowed). We were directed to the waiting room at the 1st level. At about 10:30 a lady came and spoke to us. She told us to make 3 lines and get the oath letter and the green card in hand (no other documents were required). The lines were organized according to the last 3 digits of the Alien number (A#) on the green card. I waited in line then when my turn came, I handed out my oath letter and green card to the officer, he searched for my citizenship certificate, he gave me a copy of it to check if the info are accurate, then asked me to sign it. He then gave me a white envelope where he wrote the number of my seat in the ceremony room. He directed me to another waiting area.

Another person came and took us up to the second floor to the ceremony room where we were seated by numbers. The guests and family members were seated at the back of the room. We waited there until everybody was seated while music and a documentary were played and we were given small American flags. The waiting was quite long (about 45min).

The ceremony started when an immigration officer explained to us what to do and what not to do with the citizenship certificate, then another person came (I think the head of the Immigration office or something like that), he gave a small speech, then they started calling people by name to hand them out the certificate. We were allowed to take pictures during and after the ceremony.

So, this is the whole experience.

Thank you oldahmed for posting your experience and good luck to you and your fiancee.

all the best :thumbs:

Hey oldahmed, Congratulation You are finally done!!!!

I am so happy for you. :thumbs::dance:

And good luck with your fiance visa

DO: Atlanta

Timeline

12/23/2008 N400 sent to Texas

12/25/2008 Forwarded

12/29/2008 Delivered to LEWISVILLE, TX

12/29/2009 Priority date

01/06/2009 Check cashed

01/09/2009 NOA Received

03/03/2009 Called USCIS (Added in interview queue on Feb 25th)

03/27/2009 CFR received

04/30/2009 FP requested through Infopass & Done

05/18/2009 Interview Letter received

06/22/2009 Interview Date & Passed

06/22/2009 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.