hellonew

It's quite, too quite!!

88 posts in this topic

Timeline
Hi everybody (including Daisy and I) that is waiting for any news,

My brother-in-law works for homeland security. He said that USCIS has dedicated the majority of its resources toward the citizenship applications due to the up coming election. Apparently a lot of groups had petitioned and complained that the backlog was too long and that many recent immigrants will be cheated out of the opportunity to vote November 4th. In two weeks the resources will be reshuffled and the immigration processing will kick into high gear. Basically its going to continue to be slow until the end of October. I would complain, but I would want Daisy to be able to share in the election process as well.

Good luck to us all!!

The majority of states registration has closed or is closing this week. So I doubt this is the case, I could see up until the end of September, but now it is too late for anyone to register to vote.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They moved personnel around back in July, well in advance of the closing dates to register.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

So being a huge nerd, I decided to look this up. Turns out there are a number of states that still allow registration for this election:

Alabama (10 days)

California (15 days)

Connecticut (1 day)

Delaware (20 days)

Iowa (10 days)

Kansas (15 days)

Maine (Election Day)

Maryland (21 days)

Massachusetts (20 days)

Minnesota (Election day)

New Hampshire (10 days)

New Jersey (21 days)

North Dakota (no voter registration)

Oregon (21 days)

South Dakota (15 days)

Utah (15 days)

Vermont (6 days)

West Virgina (20 days)

Wisconsin (20 days)

Wyoming (Election Day)

Of course, I'm not sure if someone is immediately able to vote after approval at the service center level--does it have to go anywhere else? So much to learn!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow Villaspurs, that's some good research. Looks like Wyoming (CSC) on Election Day and Connecticut (VSC) one day before E.D. mess us up. I don't know which USCIS office Minnesotans use (also Election Day). If all states mandated registration 30 days prior we would be seeing a lot more action. Oh well I guess the variety of law amongst the states is what keeps things interesting in America or at least the lawyers employed. Let's hope things get busy soon!

StickFiguresSMALL.gif

Filed: Timeline
So being a huge nerd, I decided to look this up. Turns out there are a number of states that still allow registration for this election:

Alabama (10 days)

California (15 days)

Connecticut (1 day)

Delaware (20 days)

Iowa (10 days)

Kansas (15 days)

Maine (Election Day)

Maryland (21 days)

Massachusetts (20 days)

Minnesota (Election day)

New Hampshire (10 days)

New Jersey (21 days)

Oregon (21 days)

South Dakota (15 days)

Utah (15 days)

Vermont (6 days)

West Virgina (20 days)

Wisconsin (20 days)

Wyoming (Election Day)

Of course, I'm not sure if someone is immediately able to vote after approval at the service center level--does it have to go anywhere else? So much to learn!

Look at u on top of things!! by the way, i like the robot! :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Alabama (10 days)

California (15 days)

Connecticut (1 day)

Delaware (20 days)

Iowa (10 days)

Kansas (15 days)

Maine (Election Day)

Maryland (21 days)

Massachusetts (20 days)

Minnesota (Election day)

New Hampshire (10 days)

New Jersey (21 days)

Oregon (21 days)

South Dakota (15 days)

Utah (15 days)

Vermont (6 days)

West Virgina (20 days)

Wisconsin (20 days)

Wyoming (Election Day)

I was able to register here in Idaho last week. Many people were not registered (including myself..thought I was like a dork)

SO this statement very well could make complete sense!

Hi everybody (including Daisy and I) that is waiting for any news,

My brother-in-law works for homeland security. He said that USCIS has dedicated the majority of its resources toward the citizenship applications due to the up coming election. Apparently a lot of groups had petitioned and complained that the backlog was too long and that many recent immigrants will be cheated out of the opportunity to vote November 4th. In two weeks the resources will be reshuffled and the immigration processing will kick into high gear. Basically its going to continue to be slow until the end of October. I would complain, but I would want Daisy to be able to share in the election process as well.

Good luck to us all!!

I just want everyone to have a speedy and EASY journey so we can just be happy with our sweeties:(

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

It might be quite quiet or even too quiet. ;)

We filed in late July 2007 at VSC and got the NOA2 at the end of November. VSC just started cranking out the approvals in late November, hopefully they'll kick it into high gear a bit sooner for you guys this year. Good luck!

It might be quite quiet or even too quiet. ;)

We filed in late July 2007 at VSC and got the NOA2 at the end of November. VSC just started cranking out the approvals in late November, hopefully they'll kick it into high gear a bit sooner for you guys this year. Good luck!

I hope so to, maybe they might do more that 1 or 2 in one day.......................wishfull thinking

Oh well my noa2 will come adventually, originally I was down for approval round about now, and now I have another month to wait tick tock tick tock

Vermont seems much more inconsistent than California--our center may take longer, but at least they have reasonably consistent approval times (most April filers are approved around the same time, then most May, etc.). While there's a fair bit of overlap, you don't have random September or late June approvals while a ton of April and May people are still waiting. That has to be REALLY frustrating for Vermont filers.

Filed: Timeline
Vermont seems much more inconsistent than California--our center may take longer, but at least they have reasonably consistent approval times (most April filers are approved around the same time, then most May, etc.). While there's a fair bit of overlap, you don't have random September or late June approvals while a ton of April and May people are still waiting. That has to be REALLY frustrating for Vermont filers.

True, so how long do u think WE have to wait Villa?

I'm thinking we're going to start seeing June 15-ish dates next week, then later June starting the week after. So anywhere from two weeks to a month--that's what I'm betting! What do you think?

I'm thinking we're going to start seeing June 15-ish dates next week, then later June starting the week after. So anywhere from two weeks to a month--that's what I'm betting! What do you think?

I hope so my adjudication date just keeps going back

It is so hard to see people being approved in record time that filed in September when I got my noa1 in June, it is really hard to be pleased for them and control my green eyed monster. So the first come first served rule is totally out of the window

Vermont officers are having a bit of a laugh at our expense, wonder if they come on VJ see a post they like and approve them, and if they dont like you back to the bottom of the pile ha ha

I hope so my adjudication date just keeps going back

It is so hard to see people being approved in record time that filed in September when I got my noa1 in June, it is really hard to be pleased for them and control my green eyed monster. So the first come first served rule is totally out of the window

Vermont officers are having a bit of a laugh at our expense, wonder if they come on VJ see a post they like and approve them, and if they dont like you back to the bottom of the pile ha ha

I would have an incredibly hard time staying calm and positive if I saw a number of September filers going through when I was months in with no word. I'm not so good at being charitable, I guess! My personal speculation is that someone picked up the wrong box and just started adjudicating... But it really sucks from our end!!!

Stinky Monkey, hopefully you'll get your approval ASAP!

I would have an incredibly hard time staying calm and positive if I saw a number of September filers going through when I was months in with no word. I'm not so good at being charitable, I guess! My personal speculation is that someone picked up the wrong box and just started adjudicating... But it really sucks from our end!!!

Stinky Monkey, hopefully you'll get your approval ASAP!

Thanks so much went and checked on USCIS no change, I am off to bed to watch desperate housewives ha ha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.