Brightstar

Military address questions!!!!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

Well, I have a couple questions and hope that you guys can help me out.

On G-325A form, the section where they ask for my husband's address for the last five years. As you might know that military address are different..they use like FPO/AP stuff. Well, on G-325A form, they have their own box for city, province and state, and country, do i just leave that blank and put everything on "street and number" box? OR do I put the base address where he is stationed??

And where they ask about his employment for the last five years, what do I put for "Full name and address of his employer"? Would I put "U.S Government"?..OR go by his employer name on W-2??

I called the military help line and they couldnt help me!

Thanks guys,

-Brightstar

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

APO/APO will go in the City box and then (for example) AE will go in Province/State box. In my case for Tom's employer we put U.S Air Force and then his trade in the Occupation box e.g Progammer

Edited by Laura+Tom

APO/APO will go in the City box and then (for example) AE will go in Province/State box. In my case for Tom's employer we put U.S Air Force and then his trade in the Occupation box e.g Progammer

Hi Laura and tom,

thank you so much for your reply. I have tried to find answers to those questions for year.

two more things though.

I will put FPO/AP for city and what do I put for Province and state again? What is AE??

And I put US Navy for employer, what about the address of employer?

Timeline

Well I use AE as the state as it stands for Armed Forces Europe (Tom is in the middle east). I think yours will be AP - Armed Forces Pacific. Does that sound right? So FPO will go in City and AP in State. I wish Tom was awake he could have confirmed it!

The address for the employer would be where he is. I don't think it's a general address for the US Navy.

This might help http://www.shipitapo.com/info/apo_fpo_guide.php

Well I use AE as the state as it stands for Armed Forces Europe (Tom is in the middle east). I think yours will be AP - Armed Forces Pacific. Does that sound right? So FPO will go in City and AP in State. I wish Tom was awake he could have confirmed it!

The address for the employer would be where he is. I don't think it's a general address for the US Navy.

This might help http://www.shipitapo.com/info/apo_fpo_guide.php

Thank you so much!! :)

Therefore, the address of the employer would the base address or the ship address? Sorry that i asked too many questions but i just really want to make sure.

Timeline

Yeah we put all of Tom's physical work addresses but he has been to quite a few bases so we had to put them on a supplement sheet. BTW I also work for government and I too put all the physical addresses I worked at.

Edited by Laura+Tom

Yeah we put all of Tom's physical work addresses but he has been to quite a few bases so we had to put them on a supplement sheet. BTW I also work for government and I too put all the physical addresses I worked at.

OH and what about when he was in bootcamp and A-school? Do you have to include that also??

Timeline

I'm not sure about that because Tom's training happened before the five years of employment the G325A wants. I suppose it's part of the job though so you could mention it.

Anytime, glad I could help.

I have another question for you, lol.

It is related to the military. So we just got married in March and he received BAH starting this year which in I-864EZ for where they ask for his currently annual income..do you think I need to write the explanation why he makes significantly higher this year than other years??

Thanks again! You are awesome.

Edited by Brightstar

Timeline

We haven't filled out any financial forms yet so I'm not sure. I would have thought that it would form part of their annual income. Is there a military financial office you could go to and ask about it?

We haven't filled out any financial forms yet so I'm not sure. I would have thought that it would form part of their annual income. Is there a military financial office you could go to and ask about it?

thank you, I will have to check into that. But I think I at least should write an explanation letter to just be safe.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you, I will have to check into that. But I think I at least should write an explanation letter to just be safe.

BAH isn't income... if there is a space for "other" you could put it there but your BAH will not show up on a tax return.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Hi all,

Well, I have a couple questions and hope that you guys can help me out.

On G-325A form, the section where they ask for my husband's address for the last five years. As you might know that military address are different..they use like FPO/AP stuff. Well, on G-325A form, they have their own box for city, province and state, and country, do i just leave that blank and put everything on "street and number" box? OR do I put the base address where he is stationed??

And where they ask about his employment for the last five years, what do I put for "Full name and address of his employer"? Would I put "U.S Government"?..OR go by his employer name on W-2??

I called the military help line and they couldnt help me!

Thanks guys,

-Brightstar

Yup thats good... also employer.... write down places he is been station too from to and from...

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.