himher

Visa to Saudi Arabia

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

i dont mind Saudi so much lol, i guess there are lots of weird people in the world.....of course, i do prefer Lebanon.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I lived in Saudi about 12 years ago for about 7 months. It is a love hate place... for a woman especially.. so many things are so frustrateing.. yet so many things are sweet and simple and it does stick in your heart. .. Good luck.. by the way most Americans I talked to their that came to work etc.. loved it..

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
LOVE KSA huh? *shrug* I'm curious but I guess I'll never know......

What's wrong with loving KSA? I live in Riyadh, have been here for three years, and I feel lucky and blessed to have been given this wonderful chance. Any person who would find it hard to believe that KSA is a wonderful place clearly has not been to Makka or Madinah and clearly has not met some of the very warm, unique, and trustworthy people of Saudi Arabia. There are many, many things that I will miss about life here. Every country has its imperfections but I really don't get why people are so quick to jump on the KSA-hating band wagon. Don't believe everything you see on FOXNews.

About the visa - Aramco should do most of the leg-work for you. Yes, it's a bit troublesome in the beginning (although that's how people feel when applying for an American visa so perhaps it's good for us Americans to see how it feels, alhamdulilah) but if you are well-educated and working for a good company then there is usually no problem. My husband meets all the requirements and we had no trouble at all, alhamdulilah.

Me: USC DH: Egyptian Citizen

Together we have a beautiful son, born on Christmas day 2007

Filing DCF (IR-1) from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:

July 30, 2008 - Filed I-130 at Riyadh Embassy

August 3, 2008 - I-130 Approved

The embassy let us delay the interview so that my husband would have time to finish his work contract.

November 3, 2008 - Final Interview, APPROVED!!!

The embassy let us wait until late January to submit the passport for the visa so that DH could finish his work contract.

February 9, 2009 - VISA IN PASSPORT!!! (DH's birthdate wrong on visa, embassy keeps it for correction - gah!!!)

February 15, 2009 - CORRECTED VISA IN PASSPORT!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Timeline
I lived in Saudi about 12 years ago for about 7 months. It is a love hate place... for a woman especially.. so many things are so frustrateing.. yet so many things are sweet and simple and it does stick in your heart. .. Good luck.. by the way most Americans I talked to their that came to work etc.. loved it..

Yes. I go "hashing" (hiking, jogging, rock climbing) on the weekends with a huge group of Western expats and all of them absolutely LOVE it here...many have been here literally for like 20 or 30 years and say every time they attempt to leave they end up not being able to...something pulls them back - and they aren't Muslims.

The embassy let us delay the interview so that my husband would have time to finish his work contract.

The embassy let us wait until late January to submit the passport for the visa so that DH could finish his work contract.

February 9, 2009 - VISA IN PASSPORT!!! (DH's birthdate wrong on visa, embassy keeps it for correction - gah!!!)

hmmmmmmmmm......as you know Charles Valsu and I had an issue (insignificant really but I don't get my name back until tomorrow)

(from himher, since my other account is frozen)

So we made it, and are settled in. We LOVE KSA....It's beautiful here. What's up with the drivers though? Why do they feel the need to pass on the shoulder of the road? I can't wait to join them - license next week (laughing)

why was your other account frozen?

OH our visas are done, I got my Iqama and now my drivers license should be ready next week. My original post was intended to say exactly what you pointed out, I sort of realize now what my poor wife had to go through while we went through the immigration process to get her to the US. It's a beautiful country, we love the people and culture and no FOXNEWS isn't even close (laughing). I guess US TV will report on anything but the murder, crime rates, and substandard healthcare and education systems in our own cities. Better to look outside rather than in a mirror?

LOVE KSA huh? *shrug* I'm curious but I guess I'll never know......

What's wrong with loving KSA? I live in Riyadh, have been here for three years, and I feel lucky and blessed to have been given this wonderful chance. Any person who would find it hard to believe that KSA is a wonderful place clearly has not been to Makka or Madinah and clearly has not met some of the very warm, unique, and trustworthy people of Saudi Arabia. There are many, many things that I will miss about life here. Every country has its imperfections but I really don't get why people are so quick to jump on the KSA-hating band wagon. Don't believe everything you see on FOXNews.

About the visa - Aramco should do most of the leg-work for you. Yes, it's a bit troublesome in the beginning (although that's how people feel when applying for an American visa so perhaps it's good for us Americans to see how it feels, alhamdulilah) but if you are well-educated and working for a good company then there is usually no problem. My husband meets all the requirements and we had no trouble at all, alhamdulilah.

Timeline
Nothing wrong with loving KSA at all... I'll just never know as I'm not "allowed" to go there. Good for you though!

:)

Why aren't you "allowed"??? KSA is filled with non-Muslims, I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. Although, I'm not sure how welcome I'd be in Vatican City.

OH our visas are done, I got my Iqama and now my drivers license should be ready next week. My original post was intended to say exactly what you pointed out, I sort of realize now what my poor wife had to go through while we went through the immigration process to get her to the US. It's a beautiful country, we love the people and culture and no FOXNEWS isn't even close (laughing). I guess US TV will report on anything but the murder, crime rates, and substandard healthcare and education systems in our own cities. Better to look outside rather than in a mirror?

This is great news! I'm so happy everything worked out for you guys. It sounds like you have a great outlook and attitude!

Filed: Timeline
Why aren't you "allowed"??? KSA is filled with non-Muslims, I'm not sure where you're getting your information from.

Who knows, maybe she's Jewish or her husband just won't let her.

Wow, you learn something new everyday. Or if its simply a stamp in your passport from traveling to Israel though, you can just get another passport (stamp free) and travel there. Many people do it.

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
Why aren't you "allowed"??? KSA is filled with non-Muslims, I'm not sure where you're getting your information from.

Wow, you learn something new everyday. Or if its simply a stamp in your passport from traveling to Israel though, you can just get another passport (stamp free) and travel there. Many people do it.

You're not allowed into the UAE either with an Israeli stamp in your passport. Some people don't want to bother to pay for a new passport just to get rid of the stamp. Iranians aren't allowed to travel to Israel either. The Iranian govt. won't let them and it's even written in their passports that they aren't to be admitted into Israel. It still bothers me that I'm not allowed to visit Cuba. Uncle Sam shouldn't have any control over where I go on vacation. Though I have heard of Americans flying to other places and then going to Cuba by boat. They say if you ask them not to then they won't stamp your passport. I guess it's the Cubans way of sending a middle finger to Uncle Sam while still getting some American tourist dollars. The fine when you get back stateside is pretty stiff though if you ever get caught.

Filed: Timeline

You're not allowed into the UAE either with an Israeli stamp in your passport. Some people don't want to bother to pay for a new passport just to get rid of the stamp. Iranians aren't allowed to travel to Israel either. The Iranian govt. won't let them and it's even written in their passports that they aren't to be admitted into Israel. It still bothers me that I'm not allowed to visit Cuba. Uncle Sam shouldn't have any control over where I go on vacation. Though I have heard of Americans flying to other places and then going to Cuba by boat. They say if you ask them not to then they won't stamp your passport. I guess it's the Cubans way of sending a middle finger to Uncle Sam while still getting some American tourist dollars. The fine when you get back stateside is pretty stiff though if you ever get caught.

You're right. You can ask for them to stamp a "blank passport" page and have it not be in your actual passport. As for Cuba...you can go and visit through Mexico...we have a few family members that do it and usually have no issues (so far!). :D

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
You're right. You can ask for them to stamp a "blank passport" page and have it not be in your actual passport. As for Cuba...you can go and visit through Mexico...we have a few family members that do it and usually have no issues (so far!). :D

Obama is expected to decriminalize travel to Cuba so you're family might want to get in one last trip before the island becomes littered with Hooters and McDummies restaurants. ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
God how sad, right? That was my feeling seeing Pizza Hut outside the pyramids in Egypt. So tacky!

I heard they were trying to get away from all of the looters around the pyramids. They were trying to pass some kind of law that forbid them. When we went we got there right after it closed and they were offering to let us in for more cash. We paid them because we didn't want the hassle of coming back but they were hassling us for more money just to let us out!! Then you get attacked coming out of the pyramids by everybody and their brother selling you stuff. I hated it and do not want to go back.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.