CJ Vasani

VSC Approvals / Touches - Week of October 13

35 posts in this topic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the long weekend will bring back VSC workers nice and refreshed and ready to approve!!

I-130 Journey

03/12/2008 I-130 Sent

03/17/2008 NOA1

05/07/2008, 05/08/2008 Touched

10/31/2008 Approved!!

NVC Journey

11/07/2008 I-130 Received; Case Number Assigned

11/12/2008 AOS Fee Bill Generated/DS3032 mailed

11/12/2008 Emailed DS3032 11/13/2008 Mailed DS3032 Hardcopy

11/15/2008 AOS Fee Bill Received in Mail (IIN Received in the mail)

11/17/2008 Paid AOS Fee Online

11/17/2008 DS3032 Accepted

11/18/2008 AOS Fee shows as Paid; Mailed AOS Packet overnight

11/18/2008 IV Fee Available, IV Fee Paid Online

11/20/2008 Mailed DS230 Packet Overnight, AOS Entered into the system (False RFE Message) Rec 11/21

11/24/2008 IV Bill hardcopy received (not needed since I paid online)

11/26/2008 NVC Case Complete 19 days!!

12/23/2008 CR1Visa In Hand

12/24/2008 POE San Juan

US Entry

01/09/2009 Welcome Letter/Card Processing ordered

01/15/2009 Green Card Received, 01/14/2009 SS Card Received

Removal of Conditions

10/16/2010 I751 Sent

10/25/2010 NOA Received NOA Date 10/19/2010

01/12/2011 Biometrics (Biometrics letter date 12/15/2010)

03/03/2011 Approved - Card Production Ordered

03/10/2011 GC Received

US Citizenship

10/13/2011 N400 Sent

10/18/2011 NOA 10/19/2011 Check Cashed

04/17/2012 Email bio letter sent (received 4/19/12)

04/24/2012 Early Bio due to travel plans (bio date orig 5/11/12)

04/30/2012 Interview letter received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Unfortunately I've lost a big part of my hope. Most plans we made when we got married had to be changed. We were expecting that I would be there by midst of October (in a worst case scenario) maximum. And this time has come and I'm still here. So I don't wanna create expectations anymore. But... I wish you luck anyway.

Our Immigration Timeline:

Form I-130 sent to Chicago - 03/18/08 (Case in VSC)

NOA 1 - 03/26/08

Updates - 04/01/08; 06/16/08; 06/17/08

NOA 2 - 01/23/09

NVC received papers - 01/30/09

NVC generated DS 3032 and AOS bill - 02/02/09

DS 3032 sent by e-mail and snail mail - 02/02/09

NVC replied my e-mail confirming my choice of agent - 02/06/09

AOS bill received - 02/07/09

AOS bill and IV bill paid online - 02/07/09

AOS and IV display the PAID message - 02/11/09

AOS and DS-230 packages sent - 02/11/09

NVC received packages - 02/13/09

NVC sent RFE (mistake on DS-230) - 02/20/09

Form DS-230 re-sent (as requested) - 02/26/09

CASE COMPLETE - 03/05/09

Interview date assigned - 03/10/09

Case forwarded to the embassy - 03/11/09

Medical Examination - 04/08/09

CR1 interview - 04/09/09 - VISA APPROVED!

Visa in hand - 04/??/09

POE - 04/??/09

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Unfortunately I've lost a big part of my hope. Most plans we made when we got married had to be changed. We were expecting that I would be there by midst of October (in a worst case scenario) maximum. And this time has come and I'm still here. So I don't wanna create expectations anymore. But... I wish you luck anyway.

I hear you. Most of us in the same boat. We all had high hopes and many expectations on a speedy approval. But instead we got a whole lot of agony. As the saying goes expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. I hope we see some approvals, but I won't be holding my breath anymore. Good luck this week everyone.

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Please post all VSC approvals for this week here so we can keep our fellow VSC inmates hopeful :) oh God...let this be the week!

Despues de tanta frustacion, hemos sido aprobados en las 2 solicitudes, no entiendo, pero ya pasamos al otro paso y esperamos pasar navidades juntos, muchas bendiciones para uds y Dios quiera sea pronto para todos

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Please post all VSC approvals for this week here so we can keep our fellow VSC inmates hopeful :) oh God...let this be the week!

Despues de tanta frustacion, hemos sido aprobados en las 2 solicitudes, no entiendo, pero ya pasamos al otro paso y esperamos pasar navidades juntos, muchas bendiciones para uds y Dios quiera sea pronto para todos

Nemilia - congrats to the two approvals from VSC. We will be able to help you further if you can post in English. I can read some Spanish, but am not very good.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Monica/Isha & Robby Rob:

Feel ya both. My timeline is basically in the same ballpark as both of yours: (NOA 1 for I-130 on 3/26/08, NOA 1 for I-129F on 4/4/08, one touch each on 5/2 and 5/9, nothing since). To be honest, I'm getting a little burned out with the people who say "don't worry, it will happen, just be patient". I know they mean well, but having no clue on whether or not we're staring at another 3 days, 3 weeks, or 3 months is just short of insane.

You know, I almost think I could deal with being told it would be another 3 months, if it was actually a date we could rely on. It's the uncertainty that's the worst. My wife is going cuckoo over this, and she blames herself because I tried to talk her into going the K-1 fiancee route, and she insisted doing it this way.

Anyway, good luck everyone. I'll definitely report if anything happens on our case

Chris

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

First of all congratulations/felicitaciones to nemilia. They have waited more than the others since they filed I-130 in january!!!

Second, I agree with cjgator about not knowing WHEN we'll get this approval. If at least we could have a precise date we could have planned better a lot of stuff, even finances. We could have organized visits (tickets to Brazil cost about U$ 1,000 nowadays), I could have started working full-time in January... Besides, I would have something to tell my friends that insist to ask "When are you moving to the States?" every time they see me around. I'm tired of saying "I have no idea". And they ask "How come?", then I have to explain how VSC works for the 1000 time...

Well we thought the whole visa process would be over in 6 months maximum. Now I'm getting to the 7 months mark and with at least 2 more to go until the interview if I get the approval now. This is frustrating. And it's not fair that U.S. citizens who live on the east coast have to wait so much for their spouses while the westerns don't. I mean, I'm happy for them. But I feel like asking: what did Floridians (and others) do wrong to deserve this?

Maybe we should have chosen the k1 route last year. :unsure:

Patience for all of us!

Our Immigration Timeline:

Form I-130 sent to Chicago - 03/18/08 (Case in VSC)

NOA 1 - 03/26/08

Updates - 04/01/08; 06/16/08; 06/17/08

NOA 2 - 01/23/09

NVC received papers - 01/30/09

NVC generated DS 3032 and AOS bill - 02/02/09

DS 3032 sent by e-mail and snail mail - 02/02/09

NVC replied my e-mail confirming my choice of agent - 02/06/09

AOS bill received - 02/07/09

AOS bill and IV bill paid online - 02/07/09

AOS and IV display the PAID message - 02/11/09

AOS and DS-230 packages sent - 02/11/09

NVC received packages - 02/13/09

NVC sent RFE (mistake on DS-230) - 02/20/09

Form DS-230 re-sent (as requested) - 02/26/09

CASE COMPLETE - 03/05/09

Interview date assigned - 03/10/09

Case forwarded to the embassy - 03/11/09

Medical Examination - 04/08/09

CR1 interview - 04/09/09 - VISA APPROVED!

Visa in hand - 04/??/09

POE - 04/??/09

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Write to your congressman, and remind him/her that you will remember what they do in the ballot room!~

They will not care most likely, so you do vote based on that!

First of all congratulations/felicitaciones to nemilia. They have waited more than the others since they filed I-130 in january!!!

Second, I agree with cjgator about not knowing WHEN we'll get this approval. If at least we could have a precise date we could have planned better a lot of stuff, even finances. We could have organized visits (tickets to Brazil cost about U$ 1,000 nowadays), I could have started working full-time in January... Besides, I would have something to tell my friends that insist to ask "When are you moving to the States?" every time they see me around. I'm tired of saying "I have no idea". And they ask "How come?", then I have to explain how VSC works for the 1000 time...

Well we thought the whole visa process would be over in 6 months maximum. Now I'm getting to the 7 months mark and with at least 2 more to go until the interview if I get the approval now. This is frustrating. And it's not fair that U.S. citizens who live on the east coast have to wait so much for their spouses while the westerns don't. I mean, I'm happy for them. But I feel like asking: what did Floridians (and others) do wrong to deserve this?

Maybe we should have chosen the k1 route last year. :unsure:

Patience for all of us!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Writing to congressmen is worth a shot. For most of them here in NY it states anywhere from 4 to 8 wks for them to even acknowledge receipt of our request for service from them or there office. I mean by them I may be approved. I should of done this months ago, but then I thought it would go no where. Just a thought for others, write to them now so you'll be somewhat ahead of this puzzle at VSC.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Yeah, I finally broke down & sent my congressman an e-mail about the situation 20 minutes ago. Don't know how good it will do, he campaigned on a "tough on immigration" stance - knowing my luck, he'll send it to VSC and they'll find my applications and come up with a reason to toss them.

-CJ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I totally agree, do not wait too long. At your third month of waiting start WRITING to both Senators and your congressman, and at 5th month then start calling their offices!

Writing to congressmen is worth a shot. For most of them here in NY it states anywhere from 4 to 8 wks for them to even acknowledge receipt of our request for service from them or there office. I mean by them I may be approved. I should of done this months ago, but then I thought it would go no where. Just a thought for others, write to them now so you'll be somewhat ahead of this puzzle at VSC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.