beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
I've had a bad cold for the past two days too!

Well you and I are both teachers so no wonder we are sick :dead: My mom has the same thing and I just saved a $15 copay by asking her what I needed to get at the pharmacy. I bought store brand of Robitussin cough medicine, sudafed, and Chlor-Trime something-or-other, oh, and tissues and cough drops. I get headaches often, but rarely do I feel like I do now - that my face is going to fall off. It's the weirdest thing, ME NO LIKEY!!!! Hope you get better soon!!!

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Thank you everyone for your benedictions. I hope that those still waiting receive theirs this coming week, which seems quite probable in light of how many petitions have been approved this past week.

It was great telling my fiancée. "Honey, guess what I received today?"

"You got my sweater?"

"Yes! It was sitting outside my apartment when I got home. It fits great. I love it. Thank you."

"Your welcome. I am so glad you like it. I wish I could see you in it."

"Oh, and we got NOA2 as well."

"What? Really?"

"Yes."

"Wow! I'm so happy."

It made her day. Anything that brightens her day is ok by me.

Your's was a lot calmer than I was. I was on the phone with my mom and went to check the mail, not really expecting anything important, and I see something from USCIS. I rudely interrupted my mom and said "OMG I got a letter from the citizenship people" and almost dropped the dog's leash and the phone while I was shaking and trying to open it. I opened it nicely halfway, then got frustrated and ripped the envelope, looking for "Approval Notice" vs. "Request For Evidence," which I was fully expecting! Then I started saying "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG we got approved!" then immediately started crying and I mean not just tears of joy, but bawling, hyperventilating, etc. My mom kept saying "Chelsea, I'm happy for you, it's ok" and I just said "I gotta call Josue, I gotta go, I gotta go call Josue." The timing worked out perfectly because he had just gotten in the house and he was on his motorcycle before so he wouldn't have been able to hear me well. He said "hello" and I was crying "They approved us! We got approved! I have the letter right here in my hand, the first touch was an approval!" and he started with the "OMG" and the "Really?" and it was Friday at 4:55pm EST, so I said "I gotta go call NVC in case they close at 5" and I called (btw, they are open til midnight EST but I do think it's only M-F) and this guy named Clark asked for receipt number, petitioner's name, birthdate, and beneficiary's name, birthdate, confirmed my email, and asked for Josue's. Then gave me the case number and said "It looks like it already left for Guatemala on the 25th." Then afterwards I called Josue to find out what his family had said when he told them, then my mom called me back to see if I was ok, etc. But it was a good day - almost forgot I was sick! This morning my headache reminded me :blush:

But you all hang in there, you will all get your approvals very soon. It is a feeling without compare and I wish it upon all of you! Now to figure out what's next :wacko:

Hi I have filed my on october 10/10/08 at VSC

NOA1 received on 10/17/08

NOA2 waiting..any day now...today is 2/28/09. hoping for next week sometime..good Luck in your Visajourney

Hope you get something soon! This is a great place to be as only here will you find people who understand the waiting you are going through!!!! :thumbs:

My reaction was like that too!! At first I was afraid to get too excited because I thought it might be an rfe.

But then I was running around jumping and screaming omg! omg! omg!

When I called Johan I was talking soooo fast "we're approveeeeeeeed"!!

Piw8m5.png

12.28.07 ♥ Met in atlanta through mutual friends

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

2.19.09 ♥ Case Left NVC for Sweden!

3.2.09 ♥ Medical:Passed!

3.4.09 ♥ Packet 4 Received

3.12.09 ♥ Interview: APPROVED

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.1.09 ♥ POE: Atlanta

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

4.30.09 ♥ AOS Package Arrived, Signed for by J. Chyba @ 12:23

5.05.09 ♥ NOA 1 AOS, EAD, AP

5.09.09 ♥ NOA 1 Hardcopy Rec'd

6.03.09 ♥ Biometrics Completed

6.04.09 ♥ AOS & EAD Touch

6.12.09 ♥ Case Transferred to CSC

6.16.09 ♥ Email Approval Notice from CRIS for AP!!

6.19.09 ♥ EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

8.25.09 ♥ GC Production Ordered

8.31.09 Green Card Received in the mail

1.23.10 Our little bundle of joy arrived happy and healthy. We r now a complete family.

Timeline
My reaction was like that too!! At first I was afraid to get too excited because I thought it might be an rfe.

Yeah, well I was crying and Josue thought something was wrong, he said his heart dropped to his feet when he heard me call him crying, but then it registered to him what I was saying lol.

You got and sent your packet 3 really quick - how did they send it to you? Do you have your interview date yet? Guatemala doesn't send a packet 3, they send the interview date, approved doctors, forms, etc. all at one time but we are concerned about him not receiving the packet 4 due to the way addresses are down there. His address is "such-n-such avenue, in front of the Catholic Church," so as long as the mail carrier recognizes the name, he'll be fine. Otherwise, it may end up at any of the many other homes/business that are in front of the Catholic Church. Also, did you reach the embassy by email? We are planning on emailing the embassy today in hopes that they will tell us how they send the package - via national mail or Express, so he can go directly to the post office and hopefully they can keep an eye out for his package. Any ideas are welcome! Don't wanna come this far only to have things messed up!!!

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.29.08 - NOA1

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

Citizenship Process

12.23.16 - NOA issued

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

05.09.17 - Interview!

Timeline

Yeah, well I was crying and Josue thought something was wrong, he said his heart dropped to his feet when he heard me call him crying, but then it registered to him what I was saying lol.

You got and sent your packet 3 really quick - how did they send it to you? Do you have your interview date yet? Guatemala doesn't send a packet 3, they send the interview date, approved doctors, forms, etc. all at one time but we are concerned about him not receiving the packet 4 due to the way addresses are down there. His address is "such-n-such avenue, in front of the Catholic Church," so as long as the mail carrier recognizes the name, he'll be fine. Otherwise, it may end up at any of the many other homes/business that are in front of the Catholic Church. Also, did you reach the embassy by email? We are planning on emailing the embassy today in hopes that they will tell us how they send the package - via national mail or Express, so he can go directly to the post office and hopefully they can keep an eye out for his package. Any ideas are welcome! Don't wanna come this far only to have things messed up!!!

Well, I cant take credit for packet 3 getting sent back to the embassy so fast--it was all Johan-he got all the forms

from the embassy filled out immediately. I had already sent him the I-134 and alot of the evidence. He sent it regular mail but it only takes one day from where he lives for mail to reach stockholm.

The embassy sent packet 3 out regular mail-small brown envelope.

No interview date yet but the online calendar is wide open. He is going to book the interview date on Monday after the medical appointment.

I did not email the embassy to find out if they rec'd and/or sent package 3 but I did wait on hold for 17 mins :reading:

to speak with someone about if they rec'd the package and when package 3 was sent

and their "phone hours" are only 2 days a week for one hour :wacko:

Sounds like a good idea to go to the post office and look out for the package!

Are the packet 3 forms on the embassy website? You may want to download them and begin filling them out-

Piw8m5.png

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

1.23.10 Our little bundle of joy arrived happy and healthy. We r now a complete family.

Timeline

Well, I cant take credit for packet 3 getting sent back to the embassy so fast--it was all Johan-he got all the forms

from the embassy filled out immediately. I had already sent him the I-134 and alot of the evidence. He sent it regular mail but it only takes one day from where he lives for mail to reach stockholm.

No interview date yet but the online calendar is wide open. He is going to book the interview date on Monday after the medical appointment.

I did not email the embassy to find out if they rec'd and/or sent package 3 but I did wait on hold for 17 mins :reading:

to speak with someone about if they rec'd the package and when package 3 was sent

Are the packet 3 forms on the embassy website? You may want to download them and begin filling them out-

That's awesome that you get to schedule your own interview! Will he come right away or does he have work to finish up?

Well according to the Embassy info at the top of VJ under Guatemala it says that they only accept questions by email, and that there is no packet 3, only a packet 4 that includes all information all at one. Also this is what I have found on the website:

http://guatemala.usembassy.gov/interview_requirements.html

But this was under "Immigrant Visa" info, and the K-1 is technically a non-immigrant visa, from what I understand, because it does not give PR status immediately upon entry. And it also says $380 USD but I thought it was only $131, and that it requires a I-864 and says nothing about an I-134, but I thought the I-134 was needed for the K-1 part, then the I-864 for the AOS part. This may be where the immigrant vs. non-immigrant has overlapped a bit on the embassy website. But it does give a link to the DS-230.

edit: forgot to ask you if you sent him the original of your birth certificate or does he just need his???

Edited by DavChels

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.29.08 - NOA1

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

Citizenship Process

12.23.16 - NOA issued

05.09.17 - Interview!

Timeline

That's awesome that you get to schedule your own interview! Will he come right away or does he have work to finish up?

Well according to the Embassy info at the top of VJ under Guatemala it says that they only accept questions by email, and that there is no packet 3, only a packet 4 that includes all information all at one. Also this is what I have found on the website:

But this was under "Immigrant Visa" info, and the K-1 is technically a non-immigrant visa, from what I understand, because it does not give PR status immediately upon entry. And it also says $380 USD but I thought it was only $131, and that it requires a I-864 and says nothing about an I-134, but I thought the I-134 was needed for the K-1 part, then the I-864 for the AOS part. This may be where the immigrant vs. non-immigrant has overlapped a bit on the embassy website. But it does give a link to the DS-230.

edit: forgot to ask you if you sent him the original of your birth certificate or does he just need his???

Interesting. It is classified under Immigrant Visa on the swedish embassy website but the interview checklist is

classified under non-immigrant visa unit and that is the department to which my phone call was transferred.

$380! That is pricey. I also thought it was around $130-that is the price for sweden.

Sounds like there is some overlap re: the I-134/I-864 forms. Have you found any VJ

people perhaps in the AOS forum from Guatemala that could give you an explanation?

How much is your medical? I think it is about $300 in sweden :blink:

Only his original BC is required. He is going to come over here asap! :dance:

Edited by Johan & Anne

Piw8m5.png

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

Timeline

Interesting. It is classified under Immigrant Visa on the swedish embassy website but the interview checklist is

classified under non-immigrant visa unit and that is the department to which my phone call was transferred.

$380! That is pricey. I also thought it was around $130-that is the price for sweden.

Sounds like there is some overlap re: the I-134/I-864 forms. Have you found any VJ

people perhaps in the AOS forum from Guatemala that could give you an explanation?

How much is your medical? I think it is about $300 in sweden :blink:

Only his original BC is required. He is going to come over here asap! :dance:

Well, I guess we may just have to wait for him to receive packet 3 - I read on VJ that it was $131 but maybe the $380 is for something different, because it also says you can pay at one of the windows at the Embassy but here on VJ it clearly says at a Banco Uno ahead of time and to bring the receipt to the interview.

From reading in the Embassy forum about the I-134 vs. I-864, it seems that the I-134 is strictly for the interview process prior to arriving in the US. For AOS an I-864 is needed. VJ user YuAndDan gave me very good information about how to get prior transcripts, they are free and I just called and used the automated system and they should be here in 10-15 days. Here's the link to my question: link

The medical will be $100 plus I'm not sure what vaccinations and/or x-rays he may need and whether or not those will be extra, so we'll see! There are only a couple people on here from Guatemala, and the two I've made contact with are still waiting for their NOA2's, but I'll have to see if I can get further information.

That's so exciting that he will be here soon!!!!

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.29.08 - NOA1

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

Citizenship Process

12.23.16 - NOA issued

05.09.17 - Interview!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Can't wait for Packet 3!! We have about 80% of it ready. I will be sending her my forms in the next week. She will finish up the things she needs to get/do. We're praying for an interview in April, but I have a feeling it might not be until May. We wish to have it sooner so that those attending our wedding can make the necessary arrangements.

Oh my goodness! She shall be here in 4 months! In about the same time between filing and NOA2 is all we have left until we spend our lives together. This is wonderful.

All the best to everyone.

Timeline

I hope that VSC has another productive week like last week!!! We'd like to clear out the other half of October waiters!!!

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.29.08 - NOA1

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

Citizenship Process

12.23.16 - NOA issued

05.09.17 - Interview!

I hope that VSC has another productive week like last week!!! We'd like to clear out the other half of October waiters!!!

AMEN!! :innocent:

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey guys

regarding form I-134 question number 11.?

11. I __ intend ___ do not intend to make specific contributuions to the support of the person named in in item number 3

( if you check intend indicate exact nature and duration of contributuions)

i saw in some site some answer like this one,

* n/a (k1 visa porcess for permanent residence)

i would appreciate any help u can give to me, how did you or your petitioner answer this number 11 ques thanks and another one in case you also have co sponsor how she or he wil answer this one too. thanks so much

more power!!!

oct 15' 2008 -mailed 129-f to vsc

oct 24' 2008 -touched

oct 27' 2008 -noa1 hard copy (dated oct 21) received

feb 23' 2009 -NOA2 (thank you GOD!!)

feb 24' 2009 -touched

feb 28' 2009 -NOA2 hardcopy received

march 2'2009 -received nvc letter with mnl case #

march16-17'2009 medical PASSED(thank you GOD!!)

april 22, 2009 -interview / VISA APPROVED!! (thank you God!!)

***"our special thanks to my WOF and Visa Journey Family!!***

April 27, 2009 -visa delivered

April28 , 2009 -CFO

May 7, 2009 - goodbye P.I (manila-Hk-chicago-JK florida)

May 28, 2009 - got my ssn card

June 1, 2009 - CIVIL WEDDING

July 21, 2009 - sent AOS package[/color]

July 31, 2009 - got NOA's (dated july 23)[/color]

Aug 3, 2009 - got biometrics letter (dated july 31)

Aug 17, 2009 -got a letter from uscis (dated aug 13) case was been transferred to csc

Aug 21 2009 - biometrics appointment

sept 8,2009 - advanced parole in the mail

sept 14,2009 - EAD card in the mail

nov 7 2009 - welcome to america letter arrived

nov 13, 2009- green card in the mail (thank you GOD!)

Timeline
hey guys

regarding form I-134 question number 11.?

11. I __ intend ___ do not intend to make specific contributuions to the support of the person named in in item number 3

( if you check intend indicate exact nature and duration of contributuions)

i saw in some site some answer like this one,

* n/a (k1 visa porcess for permanent residence)

i would appreciate any help u can give to me, how did you or your petitioner answer this number 11 ques thanks and another one in case you also have co sponsor how she or he wil answer this one too. thanks so much

more power!!!

I don't know about the cosponsor since I don't need one, but I read what you wrote above as one option, but what I decided to do was check "intend" and write "I will fully support him as my spouse." Just another option for you! Best wishes!

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.29.08 - NOA1

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

Citizenship Process

12.23.16 - NOA issued

05.09.17 - Interview!

Well, I checked our status when I woke up at 4am (yes, I'm an early bird) and still nothing.

but by 5am - guess what........

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EAC09012XXXXX

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On March 1, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

This is a HUGE weight off our shoulders and now we can get things moving!!! WOO HOO! :dance:

Oh, and for those playing along - we are #155 on Igor's list

Edited by RBAL_TN

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.