• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello all and welcome to the new additions! :)

The more I read about people who got married in the US THEN filed the paperwork, the more I think that's what we should've done...especially with how slow VSC is moving now! From what I've read from other VJers, it is not fraud if it's an honest and true loving relationship. My finacé kept on telling me that it would be better that way (non-K1 way), but I kept saying "I'm not about to move to the States and become an 'illegal alien'!!!" I can be soooo hard headed!

oh well too late now! Any one else have or had that debate?

I never even considered it as I knew it would be fraud to intentionally enter the US on the VWP for the purpose of getting married, staying and adjusting status. I just didn't want to risk it. I'm happy knowing I've done it the legal and proper way even though it's costing us an arm and a leg!

Anyways, the timing is ok for us. Tom isn't even back in the US yet and we still have to buy a house and get it ready before I move out there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone. I posted about a week ago saying I might have to cancel the visa process since my fiance called off our relationship...I still don't know what's really happening and what we are gonna do about this whole thing.

anyway just letting you guys know our I-129F has been approved on 21st (took 110 days). what a pity....but just wanted you guys to know it's on the way. hang in there everybody. it'll be soon!! I really wish all of you out there sacrificing so much to be able to be with their loved one as soon as possible...

much love,

Ayu

gomen ne! hopefully if you can still talk to him, tell him your approved, maybe it will help things. This is definately a tough process. Enduring the wait is really hard. maybe if you could visit him or him visit you, it would really help. Japan has Visa Waiver Program, so it is easy (except cost of course). Anyway, Best of luck to you! Gambate!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Anyone else getting excited about all the updated approvals on igor's today?? Or am I just being too optimistic? :whistle:

Piw8m5.png

12.28.07 ♥ Met in atlanta through mutual friends

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

2.19.09 ♥ Case Left NVC for Sweden!

3.2.09 ♥ Medical:Passed!

3.4.09 ♥ Packet 4 Received

3.12.09 ♥ Interview: APPROVED

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.1.09 ♥ POE: Atlanta

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

4.30.09 ♥ AOS Package Arrived, Signed for by J. Chyba @ 12:23

5.05.09 ♥ NOA 1 AOS, EAD, AP

5.09.09 ♥ NOA 1 Hardcopy Rec'd

6.03.09 ♥ Biometrics Completed

6.04.09 ♥ AOS & EAD Touch

6.12.09 ♥ Case Transferred to CSC

6.16.09 ♥ Email Approval Notice from CRIS for AP!!

6.19.09 ♥ EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

8.25.09 ♥ GC Production Ordered

8.31.09 Green Card Received in the mail

1.23.10 Our little bundle of joy arrived happy and healthy. We r now a complete family.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Anyone else getting excited about all the updated approvals on igor's today?? Or am I just being too optimistic? :whistle:

I am, now that they have approved about one fifth of the September filers!

I'm right with you. Seeing how the week of Jan 12 so the most VSC approvals (32) since March 2008 - I'm hoping that trend continues!! At this rate, we might see ours in mid-Feb

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

I am at the edge of my keyboard...so exciting!

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

!! DEFINATELY !! :thumbs: any movement is good movement but double digit movement out of VSC warms the heart ... esp on a cold winter day in NJ !

Hoping and Praying for a Valentines Day supprise for ' some ' or " all " of Us October '08 Filers !!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Feelin' the love along with all you guys. I've been calling my fiancee recently and saying things like "Hello, I love you so much." It's amazing how much a simple act can profoundly affect others. In a sense, I feel closer to her now than ever, though we've lived apart for nearly three years.

There is a feeling that October filers are going to begin being accepted in the near future.

Hi everyone. I posted about a week ago saying I might have to cancel the visa process since my fiance called off our relationship...I still don't know what's really happening and what we are gonna do about this whole thing.

anyway just letting you guys know our I-129F has been approved on 21st (took 110 days). what a pity....but just wanted you guys to know it's on the way. hang in there everybody. it'll be soon!! I really wish all of you out there sacrificing so much to be able to be with their loved one as soon as possible...

much love,

Ayu

gomen ne! hopefully if you can still talk to him, tell him your approved, maybe it will help things. This is definately a tough process. Enduring the wait is really hard. maybe if you could visit him or him visit you, it would really help. Japan has Visa Waiver Program, so it is easy (except cost of course). Anyway, Best of luck to you! Gambate!

completely random, but its cool to see someone else on here who speaks japanese :) im sure theres a bunch, but since my fiance is from england, I havent run into anyone who does. I am studying Japanese at university..

Timeline

much love,

Ayu

completely random, but its cool to see someone else on here who speaks japanese :) im sure theres a bunch, but since my fiance is from england, I havent run into anyone who does. I am studying Japanese at university..

I work in a Japanese company and spend a lot of time there, but I dont really speak the language, just enough to get around comfortably when I am there. But my Fiancee is living in Japan now and is basically fluent (reading and writing is definately different than speaking though). She as Hirogana and Katakana down i think, but as anyone who knows Japanese would know, Kanji is much more difficult. I am hoping she will help me to learn it when she gets here, but I am also trying to learn Tagalog to better communicate with her daughter (who is also coming) and family. Good luck in your Japanese studies. It seems to me that EVERYONE I know (that is not Japanese) that speaks Japanese lived there. I even had a friend years ago that moved there because he could speak Japanese better than the professor and he wanted to improve his skills because he really wasnt yet fluent.

I am more of a technical person, mathmatically inclined, so I hope that is the REAL reason I cant seem to learn other languages.

Added EDIT: CONGRATULATIONS EnglishFamily! pasensya na!, I didnt see your post until after I finished my original post!

Edited by Chuck and Grace

Our timeline:

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

8950.gif

much love,

Ayu

I work in a Japanese company and spend a lot of time there, but I dont really speak the language, just enough to get around comfortably when I am there. But my Fiancee is living in Japan now and is basically fluent (reading and writing is definately different than speaking though). She as Hirogana and Katakana down i think, but as anyone who knows Japanese would know, Kanji is much more difficult. I am hoping she will help me to learn it when she gets here, but I am also trying to learn Tagalog to better communicate with her daughter (who is also coming) and family. Good luck in your Japanese studies. It seems to me that EVERYONE I know (that is not Japanese) that speaks Japanese lived there. I even had a friend years ago that moved there because he could speak Japanese better than the professor and he wanted to improve his skills because he really wasnt yet fluent.

I am more of a technical person, mathmatically inclined, so I hope that is the REAL reason I cant seem to learn other languages.

I am actually looking for a job in a Japanese company right now..I finished my Japanese major last year and am just finishing up my second major and am graduating in March! I studied in Chiba last year in the fall, and went once in highschool as well.

Timeline

much love,

Ayu

I am actually looking for a job in a Japanese company right now..I finished my Japanese major last year and am just finishing up my second major and am graduating in March! I studied in Chiba last year in the fall, and went once in highschool as well.

What kind of job? Right now, the Job market really SUCKS! even good companies are struggling. I work in the Auto Industry, and while the press has focused on how awful the Detroit 3 makers are, actually the Japanese companies are struggling as well, but didnt have as much to loose when the car market here crashed.

Anyway, if you want to send me a personal message, I will see what I can do, but honestly, I cant think of anyone that is hiring, but I think that will change in 6 months or less.

Our timeline:

8950.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.