beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

app-girl, thank you for the information. Please be sure to include a link to the page, so others may reference it.

I do not agree with the advice to wait for the Civil Surgeon appointment. From my understanding he or she shall charge a large sum of money for such services that can be obtained free elsewhere e.g. my fiancee getting through her medical insurance in her country or through my medical insurance here.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
app-girl, thank you for the information. Please be sure to include a link to the page, so others may reference it.

I do not agree with the advice to wait for the Civil Surgeon appointment. From my understanding he or she shall charge a large sum of money for such services that can be obtained free elsewhere e.g. my fiancee getting through her medical insurance in her country or through my medical insurance here.

App-girl - If you can get it free on the NHS then go for it, lots of people in the UK forum have, there's no point in getting vaccinations at the medical if you can get it free a week before.

ThaitoUSA - thanks for the link, unfortunately the vaccine programme is only for 12-13 year olds in the UK at the moment hence why my course would be $200 a shot. But it is definately a lot cheaper in the US so will try and get it done there.

Hello to all of you....

well I´m not an October filer we filed just to the beginning of November.....but I really hope you would welcome me hear to talk to each other and support each other and help each other out???? I would be so glad to get some response from you out there!!!

K1 Visa Timeline:

11-10-2008 I-129F sent to Vermont

11-12-2008 VSC received package via UPS

11-13-2008 NOA1

11-17-2008 check cashed

11-19-2008 NOA1 in mail

03-05-2009 E-mail notification: RFE sent

03-09-2009 received RFE in the mail

03-09-2009 RFE sent back

03-10-2009 RFE delivered

03-11-2009 RFE received and case resumed

03-19-2009 NOA2

Igor´s List:

02/09/2009 #298

02/23/2009 #271

03/09/2009 #186

03/19/2009 #162 - NOA2

02/26/2009 - first touch since 12/05/2008

02/27/2009 - second touch

03/04/2009 - third touch

03/05/2009 - fourth touch - case status: RFE sent

03/06/2009 - fifth touch

03/12/2009 - sixth touch - case status: RFE received and case resumed

03/13/2009 - seventh touch

03/16/2009 - eighth touch

03/19/2009 - ninth touch - NOA2

Lifting Conditions Timeline:

12/14/2011 - I-751 delivered to VSC

12/16/2011 - NOA 1

12/22/2011 - NOA 1 in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello to all of you....

well I´m not an October filer we filed just to the beginning of November.....but I really hope you would welcome me hear to talk to each other and support each other and help each other out???? I would be so glad to get some response from you out there!!!

hello together-forever! you can send a msg to anyone of us here and im sure everybody would be happy to share their thoughts and help you with anything.

right october filers?

K1 Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi together-forever

I hope you will get a fast journey ;)

And yeah kaye is right :D

7/31/2008 - Sended I-129F to VSC (lost in mail).

9/24/2008 - Resended I-129F to VSC (*sigh* lost again).

10/30/2008 - Resended again I-129F to VSC.

11/11/2008 - NOA1

03/09/2009 - RFE received

03/11/2009 - Returned RFE

05/23/2009 - Recieved 2nd RFE

08/05/2009 - Denied. Besides that he turns out to be a total jerk. Case ended.

Timeline

Wedding rings?!?!

I was looking at sites online for some ideas. I believe I speak for my fiancee and myself when I say that we prefer simple. But now I wonder, do we spend a little extra and buy platinum or save on white gold? I would be willing to spend $1,000 on hers and just buy myself a $50 titanium ring. Do I go cheap on myself, or do I treat myself?

Generally I do not wear any jewelry whatsoever, not even a wristwatch. I would be quite willing to wear the wedding ring as a sign of my commitment , however opulence does not attract me.

Is it customary for a man to select both rings or the couple to choose together?

How is this going for the rest of you?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Wedding rings?!?!

I was looking at sites online for some ideas. I believe I speak for my fiancee and myself when I say that we prefer simple. But now I wonder, do we spend a little extra and buy platinum or save on white gold? I would be willing to spend $1,000 on hers and just buy myself a $50 titanium ring. Do I go cheap on myself, or do I treat myself?

Generally I do not wear any jewelry whatsoever, not even a wristwatch. I would be quite willing to wear the wedding ring as a sign of my commitment , however opulence does not attract me.

Is it customary for a man to select both rings or the couple to choose together?

We chose to follow the Swedish custom, wherein both the woman and the man wear simple engagement bands which we chose together. Then, when we get married or sometime shortly thereafter, I will get a second ring with a stone and Johan may have stones added to his ring or have his ring enlarged or some additional design element.

Most couples that I have known in the US choose their wedding rings together unlike how the man often chooses the traditional US engagement ring.

As for the white gold v. platinum debate-I have heard that platinum is more durable whereas white gold must be re-plated every few years to maintain its white sheen.

Lucky enough, we prefer yellow gold and do not have to make that decision :luv:

Piw8m5.png

12.28.07 ♥ Met in atlanta through mutual friends

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

2.19.09 ♥ Case Left NVC for Sweden!

3.2.09 ♥ Medical:Passed!

3.4.09 ♥ Packet 4 Received

3.12.09 ♥ Interview: APPROVED

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.1.09 ♥ POE: Atlanta

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

4.30.09 ♥ AOS Package Arrived, Signed for by J. Chyba @ 12:23

5.05.09 ♥ NOA 1 AOS, EAD, AP

5.09.09 ♥ NOA 1 Hardcopy Rec'd

6.03.09 ♥ Biometrics Completed

6.04.09 ♥ AOS & EAD Touch

6.12.09 ♥ Case Transferred to CSC

6.16.09 ♥ Email Approval Notice from CRIS for AP!!

6.19.09 ♥ EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

8.25.09 ♥ GC Production Ordered

8.31.09 Green Card Received in the mail

1.23.10 Our little bundle of joy arrived happy and healthy. We r now a complete family.

Timeline

hello pete and everyone!

about wedding rings i know platinum is the best if you have the money why not get both of you platinum rings. i prefer that me and my SO will have matching rings but he wanted his to be simple without diamonds and i prefer the one with diamonds. i already got somebody to customize our wedding bands here in the philippines and it would cost me about $1000 for 2 rings with vs diamonds but white gold only not the platinum ones. The wedding bands that im getting is for our civil wedding and for 2010 i might get a new pair of wedding bands for our big church wedding.

Treat yourself and buy something that you can wear forever!

Wedding rings?!?!

K1 Timeline

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hello pete and everyone!

about wedding rings i know platinum is the best if you have the money why not get both of you platinum rings. i prefer that me and my SO will have matching rings but he wanted his to be simple without diamonds and i prefer the one with diamonds. i already got somebody to customize our wedding bands here in the philippines and it would cost me about $1000 for 2 rings with vs diamonds but white gold only not the platinum ones. The wedding bands that im getting is for our civil wedding and for 2010 i might get a new pair of wedding bands for our big church wedding.

Treat yourself and buy something that you can wear forever!

Wedding rings?!?!

Hi October Filers, I am a little late but also started the K1 process October 11th.

I purchased Ricardo's(my fiance's) ring and mine i think that traditionally the man picks out the engagement ring but I picked out my own ring because i am here in the states and its a lot easier for me to purchase it here. Eventually he will end up paying for it though :yes: and I will pay for his. I got a great deal on my ring it was 1.5k for only 1500.00 and his was only 700.00 but it also has diamonds in it, i think 1/2k

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline
Wedding rings?!?!

I read somewhere it was customary for the groom to buy the brides ring and visa versa but that might be UK custom.

Tom and I have agreed on our rings. Infact he went about bought mine last week and it got a really good deal on it. Being in Bahrain, which is famous for its gold and jewellery, he was able to barter a plain 4mm platinum band for $400. Him and a colleague kept saying 'Well, next door can offer it a bit cheaper than that.' I think they got the guy down from $500 which is still cheap! Now this is where I feel a bit guilty as he wants a carbon fibre band which is only $80. I told him this and he said to stop being silly as that is what he wants.

I think you should go with what you want especially if you might feel uncomfortable wearing it. I know I'd be a bit uncomfortable wearing a $1000 ring as I would be constantly making sure I didn't lose it!

And Anne is right about white gold. If you plan on having a white gold engagement ring and wedding ring on the same finger, be prepared for them will rub against each other so the coating will wear down revealing the yellow gold underneath. This is mainly the reason I went with platinum as I don't wear yellow gold.

Edited by Laura+Tom

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was told that Platinum gets a lot of little cracks and scratches, so it starts to look antique - looses the shine. White gold wears down to the yellow, but most places off free replating if you buy in the US (but you probably wont get such a good deal then).

If you really want a lost cost ring, See if you can find the right size copper tubing and just cut off a chunk. :whistle: maybe a little gold paint will spruce it up. :thumbs: Ha ha

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Timeline

Thank you Johan and Anne, Kaye, Lovesponge, and Laura+Tom for your replies.

I think platinum for her shall be best, as I believe she has an allergic reaction to gold; a particular wristwatch makes her wrist breakout every time she wears it.

As for myself, I am inclined to do as Tom, or perhaps a simple gold band.

I want for her to be happy: Working toward that is my joy. Though it cannot always be as she or myself wish, I put forth the greatest effort to find compromise that is win-win. Such is the case with my students, as a teacher.

Again I appreciate the advice dearly.

Timeline

here in the philippines usually guys pay for the wedding ceremony or not only the ceremony usually everything with regards to the wedding event. i know in america the girls pay for the wedding ceremony but since both of us are Filipinos i told him that i will try to help him out with the payment "if" i have money by then since im not working yet. but since i still have money right now i volunteered to pay for the wedding bands because i think it is cheaper to get it from the philippines.

i'm just so excited talking about weddings :)

K1 Timeline

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

Timeline
here in the philippines usually guys pay for the wedding ceremony or not only the ceremony usually everything with regards to the wedding event. i know in america the girls pay for the wedding ceremony but since both of us are Filipinos i told him that i will try to help him out with the payment "if" i have money by then since im not working yet. but since i still have money right now i volunteered to pay for the wedding bands because i think it is cheaper to get it from the philippines.

i'm just so excited talking about weddings :)

Tell me about it! I love chatting about weddings.

We are not following tradition at all. Tom and I are basically paying half each with the wedding. Luckily it's only a small ceremony. His parents can't afford to contribute and my parents offered me some money for either the wedding or to furnish the house. I chose the house as we will need everything new. Basically I'm paying for my dress, flowers, bridesmaid stuff, invitations and Tom is paying for (well I haven't told him yet lol) the best man's suit, marriage license, and chapel donation. Then we will both pay for the food at the reception and may also have to pay to fly his parents from PA.

We are also going halves with all the visa application costs.

Edited by Laura+Tom

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay! Weddings!!

We will also pay everything half-half...no one offred to help yet, but I PRAY that someone speaks up!! LOLOLOL

as for wedding bands we are both very simple people so we will probably both get simple gold bands. I'm thinking of having his name engarved in mine with the date and vise versa...is that corny?it seems like a great i dea when i think about it, but now that i wrote it down, it looks a little corny....LOL

we also want something small with close family and friends...i'm hoping for 50-60 people

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.