beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol I think it still counts as being cute and marital. You have what you've been waiting so long for. Congratulations!!

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Thanks! I hope your stuff gets where it needs to be very soon!!!

He's so cute learning and practicing a little bit of english. Last night at the restaurant after asking me if it was right he said "Excuse me sir, the check please." I'm so proud of him for practicing so soon! When I was so "young" in learning Spanish I was too nervous to use it with native speakers!

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

He's so cute learning and practicing a little bit of english. Last night at the restaurant after asking me if it was right he said "Excuse me sir, the check please." I'm so proud of him for practicing so soon! When I was so "young" in learning Spanish I was too nervous to use it with native speakers!

The since my fiance aply for my k1 visa ,Oct 27 2008.We got a touch so many time. After we got the RFE we had touch on march 03,04,05,06,and nothing happen,any approval at all . Just said your case is processing and resumed . From this time, today become 50 days ,after we got the RFE...So, my fiance sent the letter to VSC on april, 17 ,2009 and Him went to talk to congressman in Maryland,Rockville on manday 20, thats means yesterday. She said to him. I'll contact USCIS to know whats happenig in your case and don't to worry . I'll help you....so we got touched, April 19 and 20,2009. So we still waiting for any responds.... crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif

Congratulations for everyone that's get approval......... good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif

Congrats!!! I am about to take Balvino to his ESL class. I told him last night he needs to talk more. That is great Josue is jumping in with two feet. Balvino is doing well it takes time. I am so glad that I will have a buddy with the AOS process. I have put it on hold until I get back from NYC plus the wedding has taken over my brain at the moment.

Glad things went well!!

The since my fiance aply for my k1 visa ,Oct 27 2008.We got a touch so many time. After we got the RFE we had touch on march 03,04,05,06,and nothing happen,any approval at all . Just said your case is processing and resumed . From this time, today become 50 days ,after we got the RFE...So, my fiance sent the letter to VSC on april, 17 ,2009 and Him went to talk to congressman in Maryland,Rockville on manday 20, thats means yesterday. She said to him. I'll contact USCIS to know whats happenig in your case and don't to worry . I'll help you....so we got touched, April 19 and 20,2009. So we still waiting for any responds.... crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif

Congratulations for everyone that's get approval......... good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif

Good luck! Sounds promising...lots of touches.

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats!!! I am about to take Balvino to his ESL class. I told him last night he needs to talk more. That is great Josue is jumping in with two feet. Balvino is doing well it takes time. I am so glad that I will have a buddy with the AOS process. I have put it on hold until I get back from NYC plus the wedding has taken over my brain at the moment.

Glad things went well!!

Hey everyone, Hope you're all well! Well I rang the NVC today and was told that our petition was approved on the 7th of April, the NVC received it on the 9th and sent it to the Embassy in London on the 13th!!!! Gave the American Embassy in London a call and they said that yes they had received it and I should be hearing from them any day now!!!! Wow only last week Mike rang the USCIS to be told they were working on Sept the 23rds petitions and that he needed to be patient :rofl: Seeing as we never received a email, update on the website or hardcopy NOA2 the NVC were able to gve me the date we were approved so I have just updated my timeline. What a difference a day makes people!!!! Hope you are all well M x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad things went well!!

Hey everyone, Hope you're all well! Well I rang the NVC today and was told that our petition was approved on the 7th of April, the NVC received it on the 9th and sent it to the Embassy in London on the 13th!!!! Gave the American Embassy in London a call and they said that yes they had received it and I should be hearing from them any day now!!!! Wow only last week Mike rang the USCIS to be told they were working on Sept the 23rds petitions and that he needed to be patient :rofl: Seeing as we never received a email, update on the website or hardcopy NOA2 the NVC were able to gve me the date we were approved so I have just updated my timeline. What a difference a day makes people!!!! Hope you are all well M x

What a relief! Won't be long now!! Our packet 3 was lost in the mail, so we just put it all together and sent it in. We tried emailing Montreal (they don't accept phone calls) and they replied with "click here' to some obscure page on the state department website. We emailed two more times and no reply. Please resend packet 3, etc... no reply :P so, we did it ourselves, sent it in, scheduled the medical (yes, you can), and both mailed and faxed a copy. I called the state dept. to confirm this was acceptable. the lady seemed pretty surprised that we were able to pull it all together. Goooo VJ :)

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Glad things went well!!

What a relief! Won't be long now!! Our packet 3 was lost in the mail, so we just put it all together and sent it in. We tried emailing Montreal (they don't accept phone calls) and they replied with "click here' to some obscure page on the state department website. We emailed two more times and no reply. Please resend packet 3, etc... no reply :P so, we did it ourselves, sent it in, scheduled the medical (yes, you can), and both mailed and faxed a copy. I called the state dept. to confirm this was acceptable. the lady seemed pretty surprised that we were able to pull it all together. Goooo VJ :)

Gooooooo KristinL buy the sounds of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad things went well!!

Gooooooo KristinL buy the sounds of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Actually, I just called the state dept. my sweet (and really stressed out) man did it all, right down to the cover letter! Goooo DJ :):star:

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

RE: Lost Packet 3 in the mail

That was the most stressful chaos I've ever dealt with. What is wrong with Montreal?!? Even their phone line says "due to staff shortages, we can no longer answer phone inquires"....or something like that...

Basically, if something $%^$s up along the way - good $%#@ luck to you. You're on your own.

Thankfully, an Angel here on VJ sent me 10 scanned pages of packet 3 for Montreal which I used to compile my info.... god bless her

Congrats! Mr. & Mrs. Cacerez!!

(L)

CR-1 Timeline

2009-12-29: Mailed I-130 package to Chicago

2010-01-04: package arrived at USCIS

2010-01-12: NOA1 arrived Case sent to CSC

2010-03-22: NOA2 approval email and letter recieved

2010-03-24: called NVC got NVC#

2010-03-26: NVC message verified paperwork sent on the 25th

2010-03-29: Got email from NVC and paid AOS fee.

2010-04-01: AOS fee shows paid, and receive and paid IV Bill

2010-04-05: IV bill shows paid and NVC mailed packet

2010-04-26: Mailed I-864

2010-05-06: AVR stated recieved I-864

2010-05-14: NVC email stating need ds230

2010-05-27: AOS/DS-230 Mailed

2010-06-17: case complete!

2010-06-22: sign in failure!

2010-06-24: Interview date received Aug 9th 9am

2010-07-21: Medical Exam-PASSED!

2010-07-30: Case Mailed to London!

2010-08-09: Interview in London 9 am (APPROVED)

2010-08-12: Visa Received!

2010-09-11:POE Charlotte, NC

2010-09-27: Welcome Letter Received

2010-10-02: Green Card Arrived and Social Security card after apply for it on Monday!

I-751 Timeline

2012-07-09:Paperwork Mailed to California

2012-07-16:Received NOA letter, Receipt Date the 12th

2012-07-31:Received Biometric App for 8/24/12

2012-09-04:Rescheduled Biometrics App Complete

2013-03-21:Approved

Timeline

That's great! Sometimes it's better to find it all out after the fact instead of stressing out about each step. That happened to us too, since we got just got the NOA2 hardcopy and no email confirmation. By the time we got a hardcopy, it had already been through NVC and arrived at the Embassy in Guatemala the same day I found out the petition got approved. Everything from here on out goes faster! Smooth sailing, everyone! :thumbs:

Congrats! Mr. & Mrs. Cacerez!!

(L)

Thanks! :wub::luv:

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.29.08 - NOA1

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

Citizenship Process

12.23.16 - NOA issued

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

05.09.17 - Interview!

Timeline

Glad things went well!!

Things have gone extremely smooth through this whole process, so much so that I'm scared something wrong is going to happen very soon! He met my mom yesterday and that went well, my brother showed some videos he had transferred onto the computer of me when I was little and Josue liked those. We are going to see my dad next weekend, and he is learning a little bit of Spanish so hopefully that will go well also.

I have some translation work to do for Friday, but then we will be doing the paperwork for the AOS. We are also waiting for the official copy of the marriage license which I imagine should arrive by next week sometime. When are you going to NYC?

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.29.08 - NOA1

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

Citizenship Process

12.23.16 - NOA issued

05.09.17 - Interview!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats on the newlyweds! :dance:

I'm with Dex in Albany we are going to a wedding Saturday in St-Lois. We are putting the forms together so I can be ready. I'm gonna go have my birth certificate translated and get my police certificate. I contacted the Montreal consulate last Friday and they sent that my packet 3 was being put in the mail that same day! Hope it's there for me when I get back to Montreal! :)

It's so nice to read everyones updates! Hope all goes well and smoothly for everyone!

Just on a side note, to Kendra and Chelsea and all others who's SO has never been to the US beofre, I tip my hat off to them. I'm in the US ALL the time but i'm soooooo nervous about moving there permanently......I just hope I intergrate well.

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Cacerez!! And Congrats to all with some forward movement. To all still waiting, hang in there your time will soon come.

Well everyone wish me luck my interview is coming up very soon and I am very nervous. I am leaving to JA on Sunday early morning and returning on tuesday with hopefully some good news. If I dont get back on here by then thank you all for your support and I wish you all the very best.

Love

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.