beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks for the help guys :star:

but on your signature timeline it says they cashed cheque oct 14? that got me confused again hahaha lol

just checked the stamp by vsc at the back of the cheque above the case number it says 100308 which is oct 3 2008 and as i said earlier the online thing said that they received the petition oct 3 also. i guess i wanna stick with the oct 3rd coz i know i will just feel bad if i put sept 22 and then count days behind and would count longer coz vsc actually counted me in their system oct 3 plus it makes me one of the 1st filers for oct and not the last of sept and it would be easier for me to check with you guys coz the oct file group is not that big yet.

how about you guys?what date was stamped by vsc behind your cheque? and what date does your online petition say that uscis recieved their docs? i was just wondering where we all stand hehehe thanks for the info and good luck to all october filers! B)

I said to Tom they must not want his money!

K1 Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NOA1_2.pdf

but on your signature timeline it says they cashed cheque oct 14? that got me confused again hahaha lol

just checked the stamp by vsc at the back of the cheque above the case number it says 100308 which is oct 3 2008 and as i said earlier the online thing said that they received the petition oct 3 also. i guess i wanna stick with the oct 3rd coz i know i will just feel bad if i put sept 22 and then count days behind and would count longer coz vsc actually counted me in their system oct 3 plus it makes me one of the 1st filers for oct and not the last of sept and it would be easier for me to check with you guys coz the oct file group is not that big yet.

how about you guys?what date was stamped by vsc behind your cheque? and what date does your online petition say that uscis recieved their docs? i was just wondering where we all stand hehehe thanks for the info and good luck to all october filers! B)

Kaye, check out the cropped pdf attachment of my NOA1. The NOA1 hard copy shows the "RECEIVED DATE" which is the date the VSC received the document from USPS and is the date stamped on my return receipt (this was oct. 02 for me). In your case it should be sept. 22. The "NOTICE DATE" for me is oct. 03 (which was also the same on the online petition) and should be the same for you too. The notice date is the one that matters. I hope the attachment shows up properly.

K1 Visa

09/30/08: Mailed I-129F

10/03/08: NOA1

10/09/08: NOA1 hard-copy

03/02/09: NOA2

03/05/09: Package received by NVC

03/05/09: Package left NVC

03/06/09: NOA2 hard-copy

03/09/09: Received by Consulate

03/19/09: Received Pkt. 3

04/22/09: Complete and submitted Pkt. 3

05/01/09: Received Pkt. 4

05/13/09: Interview – Approved

05/15/09: Received K1 visa

08/13/09: Entered US – POE New York.

08/29/09: Civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

10/30/09: Filed at Chicago Lockbox

11/05/09: Received all three NOAs

11/20/09: RFE email

11/27/09: RFE hard-copy – incomplete I-693

12/01/09: Biometrics appointment

12/04/09: Mailed out RFE

12/10/09: RFE received and processing resumed at NBC

12/28/09: Second RFE email - missing photos for Advance Parole

12/29/09: EAD Card production ordered

01/02/10: EAD Card received

01/05/10: Mailed out second RFE

01/12/10: Second RFE received by USCIS

01/12/10: Interview Appointment Notice received

01/13/10: Advance Parole approved

01/23/10: Advance Parole documents received

02/10/10: Interview - AOS approved

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What confused you? Because I said they didnt want our money in my post from the 17th? We found out a couple hours later it had been cashed on the 14th but didn't show up on Tom's bank statement until the 17th.

The date on my cheque was the 14th. The date on my NOA1 was also the 14th. I wouldn't let it worry you too much. Whatever date ypu put on your timeline, your projected date for approval gives a window of about a month anyway.

Timeline

thanks again! hehehe sorry for getting everyone confused....i dont know also when the cheque was cashed for my case. my fiance just sent me an email copy of the stamped part of the cheque. i also want to see our hardcopy of noa1 i just hope it would arrive by monday already. did everyone sent a letter of intent to marry from the beneficiary also? coz i did not make one ...only my fiance (petitioner) made his coz we followed the procedure from the instructions on the I-129F and later on i found this VJ and just read what you guys have been doing. if i dont have that letter do you think i would get an RFE?

does anyone here know if i still need to get a police clearance from state of maryland coz i lived there for 19 months. coz i just think the us embassy as their own system on checking police stuff for their own country? any help pls?

What confused you? Because I said they didnt want our money in my post from the 17th? We found out a couple hours later it had been cashed on the 14th but didn't show up on Tom's bank statement until the 17th.

The date on my cheque was the 14th. The date on my NOA1 was also the 14th. I wouldn't let it worry you too much. Whatever date ypu put on your timeline, your projected date for approval gives a window of about a month anyway.

K1 Timeline

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
thanks again! hehehe sorry for getting everyone confused....i dont know also when the cheque was cashed for my case. my fiance just sent me an email copy of the stamped part of the cheque. i also want to see our hardcopy of noa1 i just hope it would arrive by monday already. did everyone sent a letter of intent to marry from the beneficiary also? coz i did not make one ...only my fiance (petitioner) made his coz we followed the procedure from the instructions on the I-129F and later on i found this VJ and just read what you guys have been doing. if i dont have that letter do you think i would get an RFE?

does anyone here know if i still need to get a police clearance from state of maryland coz i lived there for 19 months. coz i just think the us embassy as their own system on checking police stuff for their own country? any help pls?

I know both my fiance and myself sent the letter of intent. However, no point in worrying about it now until you get an RFE. It really varies from person to person to see who will get an RFE and for what. If they ask just provide it in a timely manner, that's all you can do. Good luck!

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline

thanks! hahaha i guess i'm just bored and wanted to bother you guys asking questions about the petition papers. :lol:

I know both my fiance and myself sent the letter of intent. However, no point in worrying about it now until you get an RFE. It really varies from person to person to see who will get an RFE and for what. If they ask just provide it in a timely manner, that's all you can do. Good luck!

K1 Timeline

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I believe you will need to have police clearance from Maryland/USA since you had lived here for more than 6 months, however you will not be required to show it until the interview. I actually live in the state of Maryland so if I could provide any help, I would be happy to do so.

Pete

Timeline

wow thank you very much!!! i wanted to call uscis and check with them if i do really need one coz somebody told me that us embassy in manila is also tapped with the system and that i don't need it anymore and that i only need the police clearance from manila philippines. my fiance said that he would call but it has been a week already and i hate him for not calling uscis about it. i wanted to call personally to uscis but its too expensive for me to call long distance coz i am so bothered already and wanted to know asap coz it might take months to get one or that maybe i also need to personally get it from usa and thus need to go back to usa which is expensive.

if you have time to ask around i would be very happy! thanks in advance :star:

where in maryland are you from? i use to live in baltimore...

I believe you will need to have police clearance from Maryland/USA since you had lived here for more than 6 months, however you will not be required to show it until the interview. I actually live in the state of Maryland so if I could provide any help, I would be happy to do so.

Pete

K1 Timeline

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

Timeline

Apparently you don't need police certificates if you have lived in the US. USCIS has ascess to all databases and will be doing an FBI name check on you aswell.

EDIT: Just found this on my embassy website, will probably apply to yours too 'Applicants who have resided in the United States are not required to furnish a police certifiate to cover their period of residence as a clearance will be obtained on their behalf by the Department of State'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hey Oct. filers!!

Re: the letter of intent, what we did is that we wrote a letter stating that we want to marry each other and both signed it...we are lucky to have easy access to each other....

I hope USCIS will accept it!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think that would be a problem. In fact they may even like that more.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline

Kaye,

Looking over some posts, I agree with Laura+Tom that the Police certificate is not needed for the time you were residing in the US. I apologize for my incorrect response. I live just north of Baltimore, near Towson.

Timeline

thanks so much now i feel relieved hahaha i was so bothered about that police clearance thing. thank you so much for your help :thumbs:

pete, i miss towson mall i use to go there for nordtrom rack and i also go to mall of columbia and arundel mills i'm a shopaholic i even drive all the way to hagerstown or queenstown prime outlets....i miss baltimore so much or maybe i just miss my fiance so much hahaha!

i use to live at glen burnie then moved to gwynn oak. i do my grocery stuff at H mart the best asian grocery out there. B)

Kaye,

Looking over some posts, I agree with Laura+Tom that the Police certificate is not needed for the time you were residing in the US. I apologize for my incorrect response. I live just north of Baltimore, near Towson.

K1 Timeline

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

Timeline
hey Oct. filers!!

Re: the letter of intent, what we did is that we wrote a letter stating that we want to marry each other and both signed it...we are lucky to have easy access to each other....

I hope USCIS will accept it!

Yeah that's what people generally write.

Timeline

Hello Kaye,

I have never been to the H-Mart. I gotta find one before my fiancee arrives. :D

Will you be moving back to the Baltimore area with your fiance when you return?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.