Hollis

June - Vermont Filers - CR-1/IR-1 !!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Come on Vermont !!! Move Faster :bonk::bonk:

Anyone know the logic in approving K1 visa's ahead of cr-1/ir-1 ??

(PLEASE DO NOT BE MISINFORMED FELLOW VJ MEMBERS)

Not that I'm against it - EVERYONE deserves to be priority !! I mean that.

According to the timeline, it just seems although some folks(cir-1/ir-1) catageory filed before k1's. The k1's are getting approved much faster. Other than USCIS or whom ever GAINING an additional $1350.00 or more when the k1 arrives ( ie: adjust statuse, EAD.....etc..etc..$$$$$) -- I really see no need for them to be approved faster. I honestly believe this is unfair !!

But why would you keep a HUSBAND and WIFE apart so much longer than a FIANCE/FIANCEE ??

A husband and wife are already married and would like to start their lives (be togehter physically) as soon as possible especially when there are kid(s) involved.

Makes me wonder -- Do they care more about bringing families together or $$$$$$$$$. (Just a thought) :D

Can some one please explain the logic in this !!

Maybe I'm missing something !!

I-130 re-submitted 05-22-2009

June 3rd 2009 - Rec Hardcopy NOA 1

June 5th 2009 - Touched

August 21 2009 - Touched

August 24 2009 - APPROVED - NOA 2

Sept 1st 2009 - NVC Rec - Case # assigned

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Feel your pain. I'm being handled at VSC too, waiting for a K-3 approval on my spouse (in Belarus). As of 10/4 we were at 6 months wait. My friend, who submitted an 129-F for a K-1 on his Russian fiancee, submitted 2 weeks before I did (mid March), and she was approved in 58 days! She had her interview 6 weeks later, and by the end of June she was in the States. I just returned from my 3rd trip to Belarus since March and have no answer to tell my wife when she says "why is it taking so long - I thought we would have an approval by now."

Don't have a specific answer to your question, other than to let ya know that we're in the boat with ya. I'd give my right arm just to have some sense of how much longer we have to wait for the approval. I hear everything from "any day now" to "maybe as long as 3 to 4 more months". The process is BS, and customer service at USCIS is just short of useless.

Timeline

I couldn't agree with you more Cigator !! :thumbs:

Thanks for your response !

June 5th 2009 - Touched

August 21 2009 - Touched

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

According to the timeline, it just seems although some folks(cir-1/ir-1) catageory filed before k1's. The k1's are getting approved much faster. Other than USCIS or whom ever GAINING an additional $1350.00 or more when the k1 arrives ( ie: adjust statuse, EAD.....etc..etc..$$$$$) -- I really see no need for them to be approved faster. I honestly believe this is unfair !!

But why would you keep a HUSBAND and WIFE apart so much longer than a FIANCE/FIANCEE ??

A husband and wife are already married and would like to start their lives (be togehter physically) as soon as possible especially when there are kid(s) involved.

Makes me wonder -- Do they care more about bringing families together or $$$$$$$$$. (Just a thought) :D

I feel you Hollis! My husband and I filed late April with a NOA1 of May 5th! We just hit 5 months of waiting and nothing. I expected to hear something by now! I am hoping and praying that our case will soon be approved or transferred to California where it seems to be much faster.

08-14-2000 Met and began dating

04-19-2008 Our Wedding Day

USCIS Process:

04-21-2008 Sent Petition for I-130

05-05-2008 Received NOA1 - VSC

11-05-2008 Received Notification of Transfer - CSC

11-12-2008 Touched

11-13-2008 Touched

11-14-2008 Touched again :-)

11-26-2008 Touched - could we be getting close?!?!

11-27-2008 Touched - indicating I-130 Approval!!! Thank you God

12-01-2008 Received NOA2 Approval Notice

NVC Process:

12-02-2008 NVC assigned case number

12-05-2008 AOS & Fee Bill sent to attorney

12-16-2008 AOS & IV Bill received from attorney

12-17-2008 Paid AOS & IV Fee Bill online - Status "In Process"

12-18-2008 AOS & IV Fee Bill status "PAID" and Cover Sheets printed

12-18-2008 Notice on NVC AVR that Packet of Info & Documents Generated

01-05-2009 Completed & Sent Affidavit of Support

01-26-2009 Completed & Sent DS-230

02-02-2009 NVC recieved Checklist

02-09-2009 Case Complete at NVC

02-25-2009 Found out that 1st appointment is on April 2nd

04-02-2009 Went to 1st appointment in Ciudad Juarez & eligable for waiver

06-02-2009 Had I-601 waiver appointment in Ciudad Juarez

06-04-2009 Notified by DHL that we were backlogged - told to wait 15 months

Currently waiting on an answer and to bring hubby home!!!!

Timeline

Thanks guys for your response !

As for the "service centre" where the case got assigned........hmm.. I could write an entire essay on that !! but I really don't feel like taking blood pressure tablets. :no:

Good Luck to all of you as well !!

June 5th 2009 - Touched

August 21 2009 - Touched

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: France
Timeline

There has been many conservations of your posted subject, and still nobody gives a straight answer. USCIS claims those K1 petitons are easier to process then K3 or the CR-1. We all understand what your feeling and stating. My wife Paris Heart and myself turned green with envy when K1 petitons were approved within a matter of a few weeks, while we waited 9 months for a approval even after we cancelled our petitions.

But we waited and made it, and you will too, just hang in there.

We all thought marriage was a higher commitment in life, but USCIS does not see it that way, and does not care about FAMILY.

Good luck and Gods speed on a approval.

Mohand Akli

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

There has been many conservations of your posted subject, and still nobody gives a straight answer. USCIS claims those K1 petitons are easier to process then K3 or the CR-1. We all understand what your feeling and stating. My wife Paris Heart and myself turned green with envy when K1 petitons were approved within a matter of a few weeks, while we waited 9 months for a approval even after we cancelled our petitions.

But we waited and made it, and you will too, just hang in there.

We all thought marriage was a higher commitment in life, but USCIS does not see it that way, and does not care about FAMILY.

Good luck and Gods speed on a approval.

Hey PARIS PAIR .........VJ forum missed you all where have you been have you gotten approved ??/

11/25/07 Marriage

Vermont Service center

USCIS Journey CR1/IR1

01/06/08 Sent I-130

01/08/08 I-130 received at chicago lock box (USPS)

02/08/08 NOA1 Notice Date

02/12/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy

08/11/08 Received approval email (after 7 months and 3 days...Waiting)

08/15/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC Journey

08/13/08 NVC case# assigned

08/19/08 DS-3032 e mail sent and got auto response

08/20/08 Received IIN#(one nice rep gave me number)

08/22/08 paid I-864 bill online

08/23/08 I-864 bill status "PAID" online(saturday) but AVR message says " case number assigned ....blah

08/23/08 Printed out I-864 package online and Barcode sheet

08/25/08 I-864 package sent overnight

08/25/08 DS3032 Hardcopy sent by express mail (Hopefully they accept it ..But AVR says AOS fee received/paid on 08/23/08)

08/26/08 I-864 package received per USPS

08/28/08 I-864 package entered into NVC system

08/27/08 NVC accepted DS-3032 (But AVR does not say that)

08/28/08 IV bill generated ( still AVR does NOT say that) but online INVOICE says "NOT PAID"

08/28/08 IV bill paid online "IN PROCESS" status

08/29/08 IV bill "PAID" status (AVR says , they received DS3032)

08/29/08 DS-230 generated

09/02/08 DS-230 and required documents mailed

09/03/08 DS-230 form arrives at NVC per usps

09/04/08 DS-230 information entered into NVC system

09/15/08 CASE COMPLETE(32 days no RFE)

10/15/08 sent to consulate

11/10/08 Medical PASSED

11/18/08 Interview....VISA GRANTED ...

US..

11/29/08 ..POE at Houston

12/15/08 ..Welcome letter

12/16/08 ..SSN received

12/29/08 Green card received

Don't have a specific answer to your question, other than to let ya know that we're in the boat with ya. I'd give my right arm just to have some sense of how much longer we have to wait for the approval. I hear everything from "any day now" to "maybe as long as 3 to 4 more months". The process is BS, and customer service at USCIS is just short of useless.

I think USCIS customer service is TOTALLY useless. I have been misguided by them time after time. Thanks to VJ to have stopped me from acting upon their wrong advices.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.