GemandDan

Following Case Online & Australian Applicants

8 posts in this topic

Just new on here, but have noticed that some people have been able to follow their case online. Just wondering how I can go about doing that. I discovered it isn't through the USCIS website, so what is it?

Also for anyone who is applying for a K1 Visa in Australia, does the Consulate contact you after the National Visa Centre has approved the I-129F or do you have to gather the forms and information online?

8380.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

You can use your case number to enable you to log onto the website and see what is going on with your case.

The NVC sends your case through to the consulate, and they will send you the nessicary forms out to you (called packet 3) if you too keen to get started you can download them off the internet off the USCIS website i believe. Have a look at the guides up the top there they will be able to give you more info then i can.

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Just new on here, but have noticed that some people have been able to follow their case online. Just wondering how I can go about doing that. I discovered it isn't through the USCIS website, so what is it?

Register on the USCIS Website using your receipt number. :thumbs:

Also for anyone who is applying for a K1 Visa in Australia, does the Consulate contact you after the National Visa Centre has approved the I-129F or do you have to gather the forms and information online?

Some particulars concerning Australian Consulate/Embassy

Looking at your timeline, it looks as though you already have K1 petition approval (NOA2) because you have an 'NVC received' date...if this is the case then you can call the NVC automated service to check the status of your case.

Re: Packet 3 instructions - try the following link - this is what Packet 3 from the Sydney US Consulate refers the applicant to:

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consular/visas/iv/fiance.html

Joe (USC) received our Packet 3 via email and had to forward it to me - I did not receive a hard copy in the mail. For more info on this part of the jouney, go to our home page and look under Options (left hand menu) > Find member posts.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sydney. Australia

I-129F Sent : April 5,2008

I-129F NOA1 : April 11, 2008

I-129F RFE received: July 25, 2008

I-129F RFE response sent: July 26, 2008

I-129F touched - response received USCIS/process resumed: July 30, 2008

I-129F approved- notice sent via email: August 13, 2008

NOA2 hard copy received - August 18, 2008

NVC left - August 22, 2008

Consulate received - August 24, 2008

Packet 3 received - August 28, 2008

Medical - Sept 4, 2008

Sent Packet 3 - Sept 10, 2008

Received Packet 4 - Sept 16, 2008

Interview - Sept 30, 2008 - Visa approved!

Visa received - Oct 3, 2008

Travel to US - Nov 8, 2008

Married - Nov 26, 2008

Applied for SSN: Dec 2, 2008

AOS/EAD/AP

AOS Package sent: Jan 2, 2009

NOA for AOS, AP & EAD received: Jan 10, 2009

Biometrics Letter Received: Feb 22, 2009

Biometrics Letter Received (another one??): March 5, 2009

Biometrics Appointment 2PM: March 14, 2009

Case Transfer Notice to CSC Received: March 16, 2009

Notice of Approval for AP Received: March 12, 2009

Notice of Approval for EAD Received: March 25, 2009

AOS approved! (via email): April 21, 2009

ROC

ROC I-175 (with divorce waiver) sent: Sept 9, 2010

NOA1 received in mail: Sept 23, 2010

NOA1 receipt date: Sept 14, 2010

Biometrics Appointment: November 17th, 2010 (request for reschedule sent 5th November)

Thanks all for your help. I was told that the USCIS is no longer involved with my case, so any updates will not appear on that website (it still says our application is at the California Service Centre).

Also, we have been using a lawyer, is it possible for packet 3 could have been sent to her? My fiance and I have been trying to contact her, without success, for two weeks. So we aren't sure if she has it or not.

8380.gif

Also, we have been using a lawyer, is it possible for packet 3 could have been sent to her? My fiance and I have been trying to contact her, without success, for two weeks. So we aren't sure if she has it or not.

No - packet 3 (and any subsequent packets) will come from the foreign embassy/consulate and will go to the foreign beneficiary. :thumbs:

Great! I think I'll get my fiance to call the NVC and see if he can find out what's happening with our packet three. Looking at other people's timelines who applied at the same time as us, we are a little behind the eightball, and admittedly, I'm panicking!

8380.gif

Great! I think I'll get my fiance to call the NVC and see if he can find out what's happening with our packet three. Looking at other people's timelines who applied at the same time as us, we are a little behind the eightball, and admittedly, I'm panicking!

It typically takes a couple of weeks for NVC to receive the petition - they (NVC) will know nothing about packet(s) - all they'll be able to tell you is if your petition is there, if/when it was sent to the Embassy/Consulate, and your new DOS case number. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.