khalidnfatima

PHOTOS OF WEDDING???

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
:whistle: My husband and I were following our religion and didnt take any photos. Will he definitely be denied now? We submitted witness statedments... We went into this all so blindly. Never knew what was involved in this process. Edited by fatima k

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

It is hard to say. I know I have no wedding photos, but neither of us had family or friends in the same country as we were in at the time we married. We just did the courthouse part and they didn't allow pictures there. Not really a choice, just the situation with the war and him not being able to travel easily.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

It's hard to know, you know it's a cultural, but as for me they insisted for the wedding pictures!!!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

It's a wedding though gotta have pics, you gotta show your kids the wedding pics.

Vermont Service Center:

11-23-2007: I-130 Sent

01-25-2008: I-130 NOA1 Received

08-26-2008: I-130 NOA2 Approved

NVC:

09-02-2008: NVC RECEIVED CASE

11-19-2008: CASE COMPLETE

Consulate:

Interview @ Skopje, Macedonia

January 20th, 2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
It's a wedding though gotta have pics, you gotta show your kids the wedding pics.

Hi Fatima,

it is hard to say but stay positive you can tell to consular honestly what was happened . you can get other evidences such as witness on the ceremony or proof of bonafide of marriage.

And as long as your marriage paper is legal , it will be fine .

if the wedding pict will be the issue and make your visa denied , you can go with the lawyer.

Good luck .

Case complate : August 27th 2008 , Interview date will on Oct 29th 2008

Package forwarded to Local embassy : Sept 11th 2008

Package received : Sept 15th 2008

Receive interview mail : Sept 30, 2008

Medical check : Oct 1st 2008 passed

Vaccination : Oct 1st 2008 , OK got 2 shots

New Interview date : Oct 21st 2008 VISA APPROVED AND ISSUED

POE at Phoenix : NOV 28th smooth

Receive Welcome letter and SSN : Dec 17th 2008

Green card received : Dec 22th 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
:whistle: My husband and I were following our religion and didnt take any photos. Will he definitely be denied now? We submitted witness statedments... We went into this all so blindly. Never knew what was involved in this process.

The Embassy did not ask for any pictures at all when I went on the interview.. I guess my belly is enough proof to show the evidence of our relationship.

I was pregnant for 3 months that time.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

I would assume you will be fine. However, from my own point of view,affidavits proves that someone had a knowledge that there was a marriage that happen. if you didn't took some pictures, the CO or whoever that will handle your case might not be so comfortable if there aren't pictures that can support the affidavits that there was really a wedding that happen. Specially during interview, I read some post that CO are fond of looking at pictures..,In the other hand, as what Completely said, as long as your marriage cert is authentic. You will be fine.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
I would assume you will be fine. However, from my own point of view,affidavits proves that someone had a knowledge that there was a marriage that happen. if you didn't took some pictures, the CO or whoever that will handle your case might not be so comfortable if there aren't pictures that can support the affidavits that there was really a wedding that happen. Specially during interview, I read some post that CO are fond of looking at pictures..,In the other hand, as what Completely said, as long as your marriage cert is authentic. You will be fine.

Every Embassy all over the world is different.. In the Philippines they scrutinized everything.. From documents, pictures and everything..

I did mine in the Kuwait US Embassy, the process is pretty quick and the CO did not ask a lot of questions.. I guess this will varies on the CO, but what can you do if there is no pictures at all, you can not bring back the time of the wedding.. It does not mean that because there is no picture, there will be a denial on your case.. As long as all documents you put in there is valid, especially the marriage certificate is authentic, you will be fine.

Edited by Completely
jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
:whistle: My husband and I were following our religion and didnt take any photos. Will he definitely be denied now? We submitted witness statedments... We went into this all so blindly. Never knew what was involved in this process.

Religious freedoms and the right to practice your religion is very important in the United States. If according to the Muslim religion (I'm assuming you are Muslim) pictures are not allowed during the wedding, then I would suggest you take some writings, books, articles, etc that explains that pictures should not be taken.

Maybe a letter from the Imam that conducted your wedding explaining that pictures were not taken for religious reasons would be good.

I think that as long as you can prove that taking pictures at the wedding would have violated your religious beliefs, then you will be fine.

Edited by Garu

11/03/07: Civil Wedding

05/03/08: Religious Wedding

I-130 Timeline

11/27/07: I-130 sent to VSC

01/28/08: NOA1

02/24/08: Touched

08/13/08: I-130 transferred from VSC to CSC

08/14/08: Touched

08/21/08: I-130 now pending at CSC

09/17/08: Touched in the morning

09/17/08: NOA2 - Approval email sent at 10:15 PM. 295 days. 9 months, 21 days

09/18/08: Touched

09/19/08: Touched

NVC Timeline

09/24/08: Case number generated

10/02/08: AOS and IV invoice mailed by NVC. DS-3032 not needed

10/07/08: AOS invoiced received and paid online

10/08/08: IV invoice paid online

10/09/08: AOS and IV shows paid in online system. Printed bar coded pages

10/10/08: Mailed I864 package

10/14/08: I-864 package received at NVC

10/16/08: Mailed DS-230 package

10/17/08: DS-230 package received at NVC

10/24/08: Case complete. 31 days from NVC receipt to completion

10/29/08: NVC assigned interview date of 12/22/08

The last mile

12/22/08: Interview at the Lima, Peru embassy completed

12/23/08: Passport and documents picked up at DHL facility in Lima

12/27/08: Point of Entry - Miami International Airport. 398 days. 1 year, 1 month from submission of I130 to U.S. arrival

01/21/09: My wife received Residence Card in the mail

02/13/09: My wife received Social Security Card in the mail (had to go to SS office and apply in person)

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

12/08/10: Received at VSC

12/24/10: Biometrics notice date

01/14/11: Biometrics appointment date

05/10/11: Approval letter received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I would highly recommend getting a affidavit from a recognized Muslim scholar to confirm that taking pics is against the religion and submitting it.

i agree...you should get an affidavit from a recognized place that taking pics is not allowed.

but...keep that certificate in your back pocket...dont volunteer giving it out to them unneccessarily unless they bring it up.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

We didn't take pictures at the Ceremony but we took pictures after at the small reception we had at home. I was in my off white dress and my husband in his suit.... I think just as long as you have proof of your marriage/bonafide relationship you should be fine. They should understand the religion rules.

Good Luck!

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

We had a muslim wedding AND took pictures. (We even have a couple pics of the dour old Imam who officiated and he actually smiled) Where is it forbidden to take photos at a wedding? Even the Mutawwa allow this - although what IS forbidden are sketches, paintings, images, or other man-made depictions. No consular officer who is familiar with the rules and requirements of Islam is going to accept an affidavit that photos are forbidden for religious reasons (and the consular officers ARE trained in what is and is not accepted). Better to say that the family was uncomfortable for personal reasons with taking photos and leave it at that. To claim that they are forbidden when actually they are not would trigger a flag I think.

i don't get it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you to everyone for the words of advice. And to the one who is saying photos are not haraam, there are many views, so we were erring on the side of caution. I will quote from ahadith. The messenger of Allah is reported to have said: "The photographers and painters will be given severest punishment." (Bukhari, Muslim) He is reported to have said further: "Every photographer and painter will be in Hell; his pictures will be changed into a living figure who will be giving punishment to him." (Bukhari, Muslim) Hadrat Ibn Abbas said, expressing his opinion the above hadith: "If it is essential for you to make a picture, let trees and soulless objects be your subject." (Mishkat)

We were a bit confused on this, and stopped taking pics. I even sent him a birthday card with the eyes blacked out with a marker - I made sunglasses over them. LOL

Inshallah, if my husband brings ahadith that made us stop taking pics, that will suffice.

I'm not telling anyone that how they interpret the ahadith is wrong.

I'm saying that this is how we interpreted them.

May Allah have mercy on the believers.

Ameen.

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.