Sprailenes

Thnksgvn

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My grandfather used to raise about 20 or so turkeys every year for Christmas dinner. He would let them out of their pen for a daily run around. The day they saw my mom hanging out sheets on the clothesline is a day of infamy in our family. free range, indeed! :P

I knew they existed!!! lol

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the turkey I bought is too big! LOL

15 pounder good for 5 people? LOL

haha

I'll be making turkey soup and stuff for awhile! :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

Just bought an 8 lb turkey.. the turkey breasts were $14.00 - couldn't justify the extra $$ when whole turkey's were .89 a lb. ANYWHOO.. bought a roaster & a baster as well.. I'm all ready for the big 'tado' tomorrow! :dance:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I kind of wish we had a whole turkey but its not the same when my uncles aren't around to fight for the legs. :lol:

:lol:

I only eat the breast meat, so I never have to fight for a leg - yay!

I owned a baster once, I think I even used it a few times, but I don't now and it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference (I think it does look good to use one though - so if you are having people over I would DEFINATELY use it) :hehe:

Filed: Timeline
I kind of wish we had a whole turkey but its not the same when my uncles aren't around to fight for the legs. :lol:

I only eat the breast meat, so I never have to fight for a leg - yay!

I owned a baster once, I think I even used it a few times, but I don't now and it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference (I think it does look good to use one though - so if you are having people over I would DEFINATELY use it) :hehe:

:lol: to both of you.

iagree.gif

Timeline

I just use a ladle to baste. I'm a masterbaster. :D

I made a funneh.

Well our thanksgiving dinner is all done. It takes hours to prepare and is gone in a half hour. Mike is sleeping, typical man and Ethan is outside with his friends playing football....and I am looking at the sink full of dishes wondering how to tackle them.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I just use a ladle to baste. I'm a masterbaster. :D

I made a funneh.

Well our thanksgiving dinner is all done. It takes hours to prepare and is gone in a half hour. Mike is sleeping, typical man and Ethan is outside with his friends playing football....and I am looking at the sink full of dishes wondering how to tackle them.

oh man i spit out crackers & peanut butter with that joke!!

and don't bother doing dishes, just throw them away and buy new ones eh!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

My family is eating their dinner back home right now, and between that and reading this thread, Im thisclose to trying to convince the man to make a faux thanksgiving dinner tomorrow!

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Timeline

Okay so my gravy didn't work out, not enough fat on that free range bird to produce a good gravy. Dammit.

THEN...this is the kicker. I made stuffing. BUT totally forgot about it. We were just doing dishes and I went to grab the last pot on the stove and there sat an entire small pot of unused stuffing. I knew that meal was missing something. I kind of got sad because you only get once chance a year to do thanksgiving and I kind of feel like I didn't do it right.

Oh wait, I'm in the States now...I HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE NEXT MONTH! WEE!:D

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

every Thanksgiving back home we made Jello.. I know , I know but our family likes jello :P well anyways, we make it every year and most every year we forget it in the fridge...and we don't realize it til after we finished eating ...:lol: it has become one of our Thanksgiving traditions :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
Okay so my gravy didn't work out, not enough fat on that free range bird to produce a good gravy. Dammit.

Slice up some onion and lay the bird on top of it before you start cooking. It helps to make a really good gravy. :thumbs:

every Thanksgiving back home we made Jello.. I know , I know but our family likes jello :P well anyways, we make it every year and most every year we forget it in the fridge...and we don't realize it til after we finished eating ... :lol: it has become one of our Thanksgiving traditions :P

:lol: :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so happy and proud of myself!! This was my first time ever doing a turkey and it turned out amazing!! I did it in a plastic bag- it was so moist and delicious. There is not one bit of meat left.

I phoned my mom and asked how her turkey was- she said "it's a dried up piece of sh!t" :lol: Next time she will try the bag.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.