Giskat09

Where were you when you met your spouse?

56 posts in this topic

i was in a marketplace in luoyang city waiting for a friend/co-worker to pick up lunch. we had ridden bikes from the office that saturday morning to buy new office furniture. he was in the mcdonalds, and i was watching the bikes so they wouldn't be stolen.

a chinese girl walked up to me and asked me if i was lost. her question was reasonale, as there were less than a dozen resident foreigners in this town of 5 million chinese, but plenty of lost tourists. she knew this, because she was an english speaking tour guide. of course not, i told her, i live here. we talked for a few minutes, and i asked for her number, because so few epople speak english in luoyang that when you find one you remember them.

before my friend and i left for work, i invited her to dinner at the restaraunt across the street. we met there at 7, and didn't stop talking till 2 in the morning. i gave her a ride home on the back of my bike. we saw each other a couple of times a week for the next month as friends. then, one night, i looked across the table into her eyes and said to myself, holy cow, this is a woman. what am i supposed to do next?

wow! thats amazing man. Yes, she is a woman... what's next? hehe.. good thing that u travelled to China.

CITIZENSHIP 06-19-2013 Sent N400 Application (Chicago Lockbox)

06-21-2013 USCIS received my N400 application

06-25-2013 USCIS mailed the NOA1

06-28-2013 USCIS mailed the Biometrics appt

07-01-2013 Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt letter

​07-15-2013 Biometrics Appt.

08-27-2013 Interview/Test passed

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

02-20-2014 mailed I-130 for my parents

02-24-2014 USCIS received the I-130 docs

03-17-2014 USCIS approved the petition (took 15 days, weekdays only)

03-25-2014 USCIS shipped the approved case to NVC

04-02-2014 NVC received the papers (6 days from the approval date)

05-01-2014 Got the 2 case numbers. (21 days)

05-07-2014 Got an email & paid the AOS fee (4 days); DS-261(Choice of Agent) sent

05-09-2014 AOS status "PAID" (2 days from the date the was paid)

05-22-2014 AOS docs delivered in NVC

06-27-2014 RFE for I864 and I864A (i left the Place of residence blank, 26 days from the date they received the AOS)

06-28-2014 Mailed the corrected forms to NVC

06-30-2014 NVC received the AOS corrected forms

07-01-2014 Received IV Bill Invoice, paid.

07-02-2014 PAID status of the mother

07-07-2014 PAID status of the father

07-08-2014 Mailed the supporting docs

07-10-2014 Supporting docs arrived at NVC

07-11-2014 Submitted DS260 of mother

07-13-2014 Submitted DS260 of father

09-04-2014 Called NVC and the lady said CASE COMPLETE! (136 days total from the day they received the I-130)

09-11-2014 Received an email regarding the Interview (5 days from the day the case was completed)

09-15-2014 Status "In Transit" inCEAC

09-16-2014 Status "Ready" CEAC

10-03-2014 Interview/AP/USEM (no record of their medical,DAD needs to get an NBI explanation letter&new NBI clearance with his "aka"

10-8-2014 Mom called St Lukes and asked about the medical results, they said they submitted it already back in June

10-10-2014 Mom mailed the NBI Clearance of my dad

10-14-2014 NBI clearance delivered in USEM

10-06-2014 Visa Issued CEAC

10-09-2014 Got an email that my dad's visa was issued

10-14-2014 Visa delivered 11-29-2014 POE

12-08-2014 SS Card arrived

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I met Nicky on a message board for Doves (the Manc band) who we are both huge fans of. We are also huge fans of the band U2, and he mentioned on the board he was basically coming over to the US for a bunch of shows. I messaged him and asked if he was coming to the show in Omaha, Nebraska (I'm originally from Nebraska and only moved up to Chicago a couple years ago) and at the time he wasn't, but changed his mind (he was originally going to go to the shows before and after Omaha). So we made an arrangement...if he gave me his presale code, I would get the tickets for us. So did that, he came over for the show and stayed with me (and about 6 other U2 buddies of mine) in my apartment in Lincoln. That also happened to be a few days before my birthday, so I had a birthday party at a local restaurant and later drinks at a martini bar called Doc's.

Now, what happened next just proves that Nicky is indeed truly in love with me!

So we were drinking and doing shots, and my friends wanted me to demonstrate a certain flaming shot called "The Statue of Liberty." Basically, you take a shot of rumplemintz, dip your finger in the shot....light your finger on fire, then take the shot. Once you have the shot down your gullet you put your finger in your mouth to put out the flame. Theoretically, this is all supposed to happen so fast that only the alcohol on your finger burns, and not your flesh.

So anyways, a bunch of us all thought it would be a good idea to make the Brit do the "Statue of Liberty." So Nicky nervously dips his finger in the shot, lights his finger on fire...and goes to take the shot. Now, instead of it ALL going down his gullet he splashes some of the booze on his face, and when he goes to put out his flaming finger he accidently lights his face on fire.

I'm not kidding you, poor Nicky had a flaming face.

To my embarrassment (and my friends embarrassment) we were all so shocked we sat there like idiots with our mouths open for a few seconds, including my friend who is a trauma nurse. One of my other friends (who happened to be an ex-flame...pun not intended) had his wits about him, looked around the table for water...and seeing that it was all booze decided to blow out his face. He just leaned over and "pfff pfff pfff" and put Nicky's face out.

Thankfully, other than a small bit on his cheek it was alcohol that burned, and my trauma nurse friend stepped into action.

As you can imagine, I felt BAD about it, and after he left we lost touch for a while. However, a few months later I was planning a backpacking trip to Europe and I got back in touch with Nicky, and we started talking about backpacking Scotland and Ireland. After leaving Paris I met up with him in Newcastle, and we finally had our first kiss several days later in Glasgow. And from there on out it is history.

So anyways, that is the long winded...and fiery version of us first meeting!

wtf-picard.jpg

Do you mean:

• first phone/email/letter contact
  • first in-person meeting

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

I was on vacation in Germany and emerged onto the patio of a restaurant when he saw me. He said that a 'beam of light' shown on me, as if to say, "this is The One". He had a waitress send a note to my table inviting me over for '10 minutes of conversation'... which is when I looked up and saw him. The rest is history.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

We met in Sweden at Univ. of Gothenburg... at a conferencePSvAwOnmtwXDF0YcV9c8Wa2wcRR2IMF0280.jpg

Saw her presenting from the last row in the auditorium...0IdzrcU-FofDhVzz-V3A50zhOYBytVY0-1.jpg

Totally fell in love :luv:

Struck up a conversation....

Asked her out to lunch...

After a very romantic lunch on a boat restaurant..

And now here we are...

Mr. und Mrs.. for almost 4 years..

Duke07_022.jpg

I was on vacation in Germany and emerged onto the patio of a restaurant when he saw me. He said that a 'beam of light' shown on me, as if to say, "this is The One". He had a waitress send a note to my table inviting me over for '10 minutes of conversation'... which is when I looked up and saw him. The rest is history.

Whew! thats cool

We met in Sweden at Univ. of Gothenburg... at a conferencePSvAwOnmtwXDF0YcV9c8Wa2wcRR2IMF0280.jpg

Saw her presenting from the last row in the auditorium...0IdzrcU-FofDhVzz-V3A50zhOYBytVY0-1.jpg

Totally fell in love :luv:

Struck up a conversation....

Asked her out to lunch...

After a very romantic lunch on a boat restaurant..

And now here we are...

Mr. und Mrs.. for almost 4 years..

Duke07_022.jpg

HAHA this is nice

you got a good love story =)

I met Nicky on a message board for Doves (the Manc band) who we are both huge fans of. We are also huge fans of the band U2, and he mentioned on the board he was basically coming over to the US for a bunch of shows. I messaged him and asked if he was coming to the show in Omaha, Nebraska (I'm originally from Nebraska and only moved up to Chicago a couple years ago) and at the time he wasn't, but changed his mind (he was originally going to go to the shows before and after Omaha). So we made an arrangement...if he gave me his presale code, I would get the tickets for us. So did that, he came over for the show and stayed with me (and about 6 other U2 buddies of mine) in my apartment in Lincoln. That also happened to be a few days before my birthday, so I had a birthday party at a local restaurant and later drinks at a martini bar called Doc's.

So we were drinking and doing shots, and my friends wanted me to demonstrate a certain flaming shot called "The Statue of Liberty." Basically, you take a shot of rumplemintz, dip your finger in the shot....light your finger on fire, then take the shot. Once you have the shot down your gullet you put your finger in your mouth to put out the flame. Theoretically, this is all supposed to happen so fast that only the alcohol on your finger burns, and not your flesh.

So anyways, a bunch of us all thought it would be a good idea to make the Brit do the "Statue of Liberty." So Nicky nervously dips his finger in the shot, lights his finger on fire...and goes to take the shot. Now, instead of it ALL going down his gullet he splashes some of the booze on his face, and when he goes to put out his flaming finger he accidently lights his face on fire.

To my embarrassment (and my friends embarrassment) we were all so shocked we sat there like idiots with our mouths open for a few seconds, including my friend who is a trauma nurse. One of my other friends (who happened to be an ex-flame...pun not intended) had his wits about him, looked around the table for water...and seeing that it was all booze decided to blow out his face. He just leaned over and "pfff pfff pfff" and put Nicky's face out.

Thankfully, other than a small bit on his cheek it was alcohol that burned, and my trauma nurse friend stepped into action.

As you can imagine, I felt BAD about it, and after he left we lost touch for a while. However, a few months later I was planning a backpacking trip to Europe and I got back in touch with Nicky, and we started talking about backpacking Scotland and Ireland. After leaving Paris I met up with him in Newcastle, and we finally had our first kiss several days later in Glasgow. And from there on out it is history.

CITIZENSHIP 06-19-2013 Sent N400 Application (Chicago Lockbox)

06-21-2013 USCIS received my N400 application

06-25-2013 USCIS mailed the NOA1

06-28-2013 USCIS mailed the Biometrics appt

07-01-2013 Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt letter

​07-15-2013 Biometrics Appt.

08-27-2013 Interview/Test passed

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

02-20-2014 mailed I-130 for my parents

02-24-2014 USCIS received the I-130 docs

03-17-2014 USCIS approved the petition (took 15 days, weekdays only)

03-25-2014 USCIS shipped the approved case to NVC

04-02-2014 NVC received the papers (6 days from the approval date)

05-01-2014 Got the 2 case numbers. (21 days)

05-07-2014 Got an email & paid the AOS fee (4 days); DS-261(Choice of Agent) sent

05-09-2014 AOS status "PAID" (2 days from the date the was paid)

05-22-2014 AOS docs delivered in NVC

06-27-2014 RFE for I864 and I864A (i left the Place of residence blank, 26 days from the date they received the AOS)

06-28-2014 Mailed the corrected forms to NVC

06-30-2014 NVC received the AOS corrected forms

07-01-2014 Received IV Bill Invoice, paid.

07-02-2014 PAID status of the mother

07-07-2014 PAID status of the father

07-08-2014 Mailed the supporting docs

07-10-2014 Supporting docs arrived at NVC

07-11-2014 Submitted DS260 of mother

07-13-2014 Submitted DS260 of father

09-04-2014 Called NVC and the lady said CASE COMPLETE! (136 days total from the day they received the I-130)

09-11-2014 Received an email regarding the Interview (5 days from the day the case was completed)

09-15-2014 Status "In Transit" inCEAC

09-16-2014 Status "Ready" CEAC

10-03-2014 Interview/AP/USEM (no record of their medical,DAD needs to get an NBI explanation letter&new NBI clearance with his "aka"

10-8-2014 Mom called St Lukes and asked about the medical results, they said they submitted it already back in June

10-10-2014 Mom mailed the NBI Clearance of my dad

10-14-2014 NBI clearance delivered in USEM

10-06-2014 Visa Issued CEAC

10-09-2014 Got an email that my dad's visa was issued

10-14-2014 Visa delivered 11-29-2014 POE

12-08-2014 SS Card arrived

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

This is my favorite story. Ever.