WhidbeyGirl

New here, and now so sad

37 posts in this topic

Does anyone know, is it easier (quicker) to go with a fiancé visa or with spousal visa?

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I figured, but for some reason my doctor said a fiancé visa was easier and quicker. But then again she's marrying someone from Canada so there is a BIG difference

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Does anyone know, is it easier (quicker) to go with a fiancé visa or with spousal visa?

A fiance(e) visa is generally quicker particularly if you've already met because you can file now instead of waiting until after you marry. However, that would mean delaying the marriage until the visa is in hand and he has arrived in the USA. Quicker is not always easier. We've seen lots of problems obtaining visas for both fiance(e) and spouse when coming from that region. You may want to check out the appropriate regional forum here for some pointers on country specific issues.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

patince for those who u love! doesnt it worth that? it does worth to wait couple months and end up with someone you love for the rest of your life!

good luck! have stregnth and faith

A 1000 MiLeS jOuRnEy BeGiNs WiTh 1 StEp.

coollogo_com_85561955.gif

thDSC04457.jpgthcutehabibiti.jpgthDSC04482.jpgthDSC04476.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/mejwez

i spent 15 months and 13 days without my wife.... enough said

http://www.4shared.com/file/87165041/271184eb/__-__.html

I'll do that pushbrk, thanks. You live just across this great state from me :)

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

You may want to check out the appropriate regional forum here for some pointers on country specific issues.

Where is that?

Never mind, found it :)

Edited by WhidbeyGirl

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Welcome to VJ! As most already said, you'll find a pretty good community of supportive folks. I know it's difficult and it'll test your patience, but it's worth it in the end.

Best of luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I am getting married next month and had hoped my husband wouldn't be too far behind me coming back to the US. After reading through some posts I am now so discouraged and sad. I didn't realize it is going to take so long. I won't even be able to visit him as it's so expensive.

No visits during the months long visa process can make showing a bona fide ongoing relationship pretty difficult. If you can't, you can't but I'd be adjusting priorities if at all possible.

Do you mean at the interview? Once you're in process you have already sent in all the proof of a bonafide marriage.

I dont think many people are in a position to travel abroad more than once a year. :(

I wish I could!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I am getting married next month and had hoped my husband wouldn't be too far behind me coming back to the US. After reading through some posts I am now so discouraged and sad. I didn't realize it is going to take so long. I won't even be able to visit him as it's so expensive.

No visits during the months long visa process can make showing a bona fide ongoing relationship pretty difficult. If you can't, you can't but I'd be adjusting priorities if at all possible.

Do you mean at the interview? Once you're in process you have already sent in all the proof of a bonafide marriage.

I dont think many people are in a position to travel abroad more than once a year. :(

I wish I could!

habibti,

dont freak out! i dont think that is right! engoing marraige can be proved by calls, emails, etc etc, if the embassy wont approve the visas for couples who had 1 visits druing the process then 90% of marraiges wont go thru!

i already witnessed many guys getting visas while they had 1 visits from their wives to jordan!

the last one had these questions ( close to the subject) :

officer; how long did ur wife spent here?

him: 2 weeks!

officer: so all of ur love and marraige is based on these 2 weeks?

him: no, cuz we knew eachother months before marraige and that was online, and we had the commitment online too! and we felt that we belong togather online! so how about us on real life?

he got his visa 3 month later, cr1/ir1 ! good luck for him :D

A 1000 MiLeS jOuRnEy BeGiNs WiTh 1 StEp.

coollogo_com_85561955.gif

thDSC04457.jpgthcutehabibiti.jpgthDSC04482.jpgthDSC04476.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/mejwez

i spent 15 months and 13 days without my wife.... enough said

http://www.4shared.com/file/87165041/271184eb/__-__.html

I think the best thing to do is start on your paperwork right now so that you have it all together when the day comes that you are actually married. The more organized and prepared you are ahead of time, the better off and quicker your process will go. Some things take time to get and the paperwork is not easy so start now is my suggestion. I know my hubby is not from the same country and things are quite different but we got both a K1 and our I-130 approved in a little over 3 months. I really don't think there is a system at USCIS. I know some countries are easier than others but sometimes I think it is just the luck of the draw. Whether a USCIS officer is having a good day or bad day.

We are all here to help. It is not easy and for me there were plenty of tears. In the end VJ makes me feel so much better and hearing all these stories of love and how it survives keeps me strong. Whenever I feel down I look at the people who have been waiting for over a year. After that, I pull myself toghether and try to do something positive to help pass the time. Don't give up before you start. You are in for some bad times and some really happy times once your applications actually get approved.

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-20

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-09-26

Touched - 2008-07-23

Touched - 2008-09-18

Touched - 2008-09-19

Emailed DS3230 - 10-08-08

Received AOS Package - 10-14-08

Paid AOS Bill - 10-15-08

Mailed hard copy DS3230 - 10-15-08

NVC Received DS3230 - 10-20-08

Paid IV Bill - 10-23-08

IV Bill Paid - 10-24-08

Mailed IV Package - 10-23-08

Received DS-230 at NVC - 10-24-08

CASE COMPLETE - 11-5-08

Interview - 1-13-09

Visa in Hand - 1-20-09

POE - LAX - 1-22-09 Woohoo!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I wish I could!

habibti,

dont freak out! i dont think that is right! engoing marraige can be proved by calls, emails, etc etc, if the embassy wont approve the visas for couples who had 1 visits druing the process then 90% of marraiges wont go thru!

i already witnessed many guys getting visas while they had 1 visits from their wives to jordan!

the last one had these questions ( close to the subject) :

officer; how long did ur wife spent here?

him: 2 weeks!

officer: so all of ur love and marraige is based on these 2 weeks?

him: no, cuz we knew eachother months before marraige and that was online, and we had the commitment online too! and we felt that we belong togather online! so how about us on real life?

he got his visa 3 month later, cr1/ir1 ! good luck for him :D

There are many types of evidence used to show a bona fide ongoing relationship but the most compelling has been and always will be "time together". Plenty of people have received visas when the couple has only been together for one short visit.

Consular Officers are trained to consider the totality of circumstances and to do so within their local frame of reference as to culture and fraud level. The level of scrutiny of bona fides varies widely based on the totality of circumstances. I'm advising that based on the country and other general factors, if priorities can be rearranged to have a second visit, I'd do so. If they can't, they can't.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I agree with pushbrk. It's a fact that certain countries get more slack than others. Different factors, most importantly, the person conducting the interview, can determine if someone gets approved or not. But if you can prove that you have spent time together, then it's really hard for that person to deny you a visa, I would think...

My philosophy is that if I can do something where they don't have one single reason to deny me, then that's better. As for the question about whether or not to do fiance or k-3 spouse visa...I would do the spouse visa. Becuase as a US citizen you have a right to have your spouse...there are alot more options and ways to appeal if your spouse gets denied entry...however, a fiance, not so many options (if I understood correctly from my lawyer).

I know visiting is very expensive...I visit my husband often. Yeah, I've racked up a credit card bill that would turn some people's hair white, but I don't care! It's just temporary and I'll eventually (God willing) have him here and then I won't have to travel anymore and eventually finish paying it off.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

welcome to VJ... Yes this Journey is far too Long to be seperated from your love one, but this is why you have your VJ family for support! This forum has helped me soo much and I met some really Incredible people on this site... We are here to help and support you how we can... Welcome

Nita (F)

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

We had tons of bonafide material for the interview for my hubby but the CO didn't let him take it in with him even :(

I wish I could!

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.