SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
its cold outside :crying: i can only imagine what its gonna feel like when i come back from JA

44 for us tonight. Andre was already complaining about the cold, how dark it was getting by 7 pm now, and all the leaves falling last night. I said get used to it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
JG your funny...LOL>> i have never seen a 10 yr old boy so concerned about his appearance, If his clothes arent ironed to perfection he is questioning me about " did you iron this? um well it is kind of wrinkly" every day i have to walk away so i dont choke him.

LOL

"

anyhoo :ot: for those of you who have ever used Marzouca travel and tours based out of Mobay, they now have a special were you can go to JA and Cuba for one price, and they handle all the arrangements, flights etc. it sounds cool. Has anyone been to Cuba before? does one need a passport to go from JA to CUba?

Sounds like it's time to hand him the iron. :whistle:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
JG your funny...LOL>> i have never seen a 10 yr old boy so concerned about his appearance, If his clothes arent ironed to perfection he is questioning me about " did you iron this? um well it is kind of wrinkly" every day i have to walk away so i dont choke him.

LOL

"

anyhoo :ot: for those of you who have ever used Marzouca travel and tours based out of Mobay, they now have a special were you can go to JA and Cuba for one price, and they handle all the arrangements, flights etc. it sounds cool. Has anyone been to Cuba before? does one need a passport to go from JA to CUba?

I know of some Canadians who vacationed in Cuba and said it was beautiful. We can't go cause of the stupid ban.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wheres quanna?? I just found out abt a place in Arlington Jamaica Gates. Food is supposed to be good and they have a live band on fri sat. This gives me something to look forward to when i move.

http://www.jamaicagates.com/

Good Morning ladies, i passed out on yall last nite.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
u really don't want that Cuba stamp in ur passport

Right it just seems to risky. I dont want to see myself on TV J as some Cubian Activist trying to get free medical

lol..Jamaica has no issues with Cuba as far as i know..u have Cuban's in JA...Hubby's grandfather is Cuban now lives in FL

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Roxcie, unfortunately I think they are USD - if they were JA I would be opening a hotel!

Honey, Americans can't legally go to Cuba - we are banned.

Why are the tickets on AJ $1152 for Christmas

AJ was crazy when I was looking - I had a flight credit on American, so I already knew that was what I was flying, like it or not - the price had gone down a bit so I jumped to buy - after my credits, it only cost me $164 outta pocket!

Whoa!!! You really know how to shop it. Do you have connections or layovers? Those are what kill me and make me just wind up buying a straight flight on AJ. Plus with my kids schedule I can't be too flexible.

Timeline
I thought we could go to Cuba from Jamaica? You just cant get there from US

This is my understanding about Cuba, Sus is correct, we as Americans cannot obtain a visa to travel to Cuba, but if we go by an in-direct way, Cuba will allow you in. They will stamp your passport on entry, then when you are leaving, they will tear that stamp page out as if you never set foot on their soil. Since Brits are not banned from being in Cuba, you just tell them you are British if asked.

I would love to travel to Cuba, to look at some of their art work there. That may be a reason why I might try to obtain my JA residence.

Isn't tearing out a page, defacing it, thus making it void? Wouldn't you have to go get a new passport then and try and explain why you tore the page out of the old one?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Okay EDIT: I see where it says in US dollars........dat naw cheap!!!!

Sorry TL, I had to laugh at you :rofl: I could have told you that. Most of the houses they're buiding in Jamaica look like US homes 2 levels or more 2 to 3 car garages. The house my aunt built in St. Mary looks ridiculous, it does'nt fit the area. People think it's a hospital or some health facility.

Lawney.... :thumbs: I want a small house there. I'm tired to cleaning!

Timeline
I think AJ is not as expensive by way of Flordia. But hell its the same price as leaving chartered from STL

AJ is cheap depending on what city you leave from. 3 weeks ago they had tickets in oct for $315 with all the fees included leaving Atlanta.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Filed: Timeline

Right it just seems to risky. I dont want to see myself on TV J as some Cubian Activist trying to get free medical

lol..Jamaica has no issues with Cuba as far as i know..u have Cuban's in JA...Hubby's grandfather is Cuban now lives in FL

That's right Kimmy. A lot of Cubans live in Jamaica. My grandmother's father is Cuban. My family is the big melting pot.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Island, i let him iron a pair of shorts for the first time on saturday and he did good, but im just scared he is gonna burn himself.

JG is it 49 degrees here today, im like time to break out the sweaters and leather jackets. It is gonna be weird being semi dressed in ja and then coming to michigan slipping into a snow suit :hehe:

if i thought D would ever have a vacation, it would be nice to go somewhere away from JA but since there idea of vacay is 2 week layoff guess he will have to vacay in Michigan when he gets here lol

im hungry this morning, but feeling kinda nauseaus....wonder what thats about ????

Timeline

LOL

"

Umm honey I was under the impression that US citizens couldn't go to Cuba unless they have family there and then they can only go like once a year or something. The US still has an embargo against Cuba. You know that whole Bay of Pigs thing! ROFL. Hush up girl. The CIA sniffing your mail as we speak:rofl:

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
I thought we could go to Cuba from Jamaica? You just cant get there from US

You can go from Ja or Canada or any other country but you are still NOT SUPPOSED TO! US citizens still have to abide by US laws even when in other countries which is to say you still have to observe US laws in another country eventhough said law might not be against the law in the country you are in.

LOL hope you all got that cause I have confused myself :lol:

William Arthur Ward

Filed: Timeline
Okay EDIT: I see where it says in US dollars........dat naw cheap!!!!

Sorry TL, I had to laugh at you :rofl: I could have told you that. Most of the houses they're buiding in Jamaica look like US homes 2 levels or more 2 to 3 car garages. The house my aunt built in St. Mary looks ridiculous, it does'nt fit the area. People think it's a hospital or some health facility.

Lawney.... :thumbs: I want a small house there. I'm tired to cleaning!

I hear you TL, my aunt complains about all the dust and that she has to clean the house two times for the week (just dusting). She now regrets building a house that big. All her kids moved out a year after she built it and the area has seen a lot of crime, so now, she doesn't know what to do.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

That's right Kimmy. A lot of Cubans live in Jamaica. My grandmother's father is Cuban. My family is the big melting pot.

girl...my family is too..but i must say i've never seen such "pure" blood like my husbands family...either it's Cuban or Africa and from their physical features i'm thinking Ethiopia

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.