SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hubby is complaining of sickness now. He says he has the flu. He woke me up at 2:30 a.m. to tell me he just threw up. I said, did you make it to the bathroom? When he said yes, I said then why did you wake me up?

Men are such babies.

I suppose he'll pass this on to me too.

Jah'Love,

These are things that I tell people about all the time, so don't feel you're alone in this. All I can say is hold your ground. I might cause arguments, but if you don't hold your ground it's going to get bad fast. Two months and counting...Marcel told his brothers that they're cut off, so they don't even call. They tried to run the "their kids need uniform and shoes and such for school" game and he tells them, to use the money the spent (on foolishness) to take care of his mother. Mi still a try figure out how the hell two people can spend $275,000/JA in 1 month. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about that. Someone help me to understand. Did I miss something. To this day, they can't tell us what it was spent on.

:thumbs:

$275,000JA in 1 month! :o Wow...

They are living large now!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Jah'Love,

These are things that I tell people about all the time, so don't feel you're alone in this. All I can say is hold your ground. I might cause arguments, but if you don't hold your ground it's going to get bad fast. Two months and counting...Marcel told his brothers that they're cut off, so they don't even call. They tried to run the "their kids need uniform and shoes and such for school" game and he tells them, to use the money the spent (on foolishness) to take care of his mother. Mi still a try figure out how the hell two people can spend $275,000/JA in 1 month. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about that. Someone help me to understand. Did I miss something. To this day, they can't tell us what it was spent on.

:thumbs:

$275,000JA in 1 month! :o Wow...

Yards, anytime I hear that amount I want to throw up. That's a lot of money to have in JA.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

LOL, JG - even my 4 year old nephew handled throwing up himself - He had a stomach flu, and my sister heard him in the bathroom at 4 am - She got up to check on him and he yelled at her that he knew what to do!

Yards, anytime I hear that amount I want to throw up. That's a lot of money to have in JA.

So, how long could the average person who isn't spending like crazy survive on that in JA?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

JG that's not what you're suppose to say...you're suppose to jump up out of the bed and say, what can I do for you dear.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

LOL, JG - even my 4 year old nephew handled throwing up himself - He had a stomach flu, and my sister heard him in the bathroom at 4 am - She got up to check on him and he yelled at her that he knew what to do!

So, how long could the average person who isn't spending like crazy survive on that in JA?

Sus, I don't know, but that's around $4000/US. So, I'd say for a little while at least. The nursing home we were looking at charged $85/US a month. It's really someone's home and she moved back to Jamaica and turned her home into a nursing home. She's was an RN in the states for many years.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
JG that's not what you're suppose to say...you're suppose to jump up out of the bed and say, what can I do for you dear.

I don't even do that when I've had 12 hours of sleep and woke at a decent hour. He better go look for someone else if he wants that!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Sus,

It depends on how you're living.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I was just saying how persistant on Wednesday. The same person called every 5 minutes for over an hour. If he didn't answer the first time, don't you think he would've if he could've? Don't you think he'll call back when he can, if he even wants to?

It's like they figure if they are persistant enough, they will eventually wear you down.

Oh my goodness! I am right there with you! I don't know how many times I have said "you have voicemail - if it's that important they should leave a message!" Call after call after call with only a few minutes in between. UGH! If he didn't answer the first 5 times why is he going to answer the next 25? If it was an emergency...ok. For everyday stuff...not ok. A had a "friend" call him over 30+ times while he was at work one day. That just pissed me off to no end.

Timeline

God, I wish someone would give me $4,000. Next time you want to waste some, Tre, I'll give you my address!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

God, I wish someone would give me $4,000. Next time you want to waste some, Tre, I'll give you my address!

:bonk:

See how easy it can be to save money in Jamaica. Sometimes he was laid off for months. Marcel told me he use to pick breadfruit, sugar cane, mangoes and ackee and sell them on the side of the road. It was something him and his friend did when they got laided off. He tried his best not to mess with his savings. I told him it would take me a while to save up that money. He said you either want to juggle/hustle or you don't. He said he had noone to help him so he had to help himself get ahead.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

:bonk:

See how easy it can be to save money in Jamaica. Sometimes he was laid off for months. Marcel told me he use to pick breadfruit, sugar cane, mangoes and ackee and sell them on the side of the road. It was something him and his friend did when they got laided off. He tried his best not to mess with his savings. I told him it would take me a while to save up that money. He said you either want to juggle/hustle or you don't. He said he had noone to help him so he had to help himself get ahead.

Yeah, but now they ALL have you....you rich foreigner, you!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.