SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I want to gooooooooooo :crying:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus when i hear you talk about work, im so glad i didnt go to law school, i think i would be miserable :yes: it was always my life goal and aspiration but mi no haf fi energy for it anymore :no:

For a while now I thought I was going to go to Law school - even took the LSATs and did well - when I finished my BS and thought about it - :no: :no: Why should I spend 4 more years in school to do what I do now? If I am going to go to law school, I am going to UWI so I can sit back, collect $70K from someone and do nothing on their case!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sunny since your leaving wednesday and i think island is too??:yes: we need to connect on that Tuesday. MrsP wants to solidify our plans too so we can ensure we all connect at least once... it will probably be the only time that us yardies from all over the country will be in one spot :yes: at the same time. So the 14th??? or 15th???

Timeline

Morning fam :star:

Hospital Window

wo men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.

One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window.

The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.

The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation.

Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by.

Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it. In his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days and weeks passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed.

It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.

She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you."

Epilogue:

There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.

Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.

If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.

"Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present."

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
Oh Sunny, get better Chica. Maybe as soon as you get in that warm sunshine you will feel better.

I was thinking the same thing :yes: Feel better Sunny

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline

Sus i took the LSAT last year, i was all prepared to go,but i couldnt figure out how i was gonna work full time, commit to full time studies, drive to Lansing two nights a week and still remain sane, as well as care for my kids so i put it on the back burner... maybe one day :yes:

:ot: anyone heard from mommy2b? how is she doing? she is an atty? i believe?.

Lawny, you can come if you can fit in my backpack :yes:

Timeline
sunny since your leaving wednesday and i think island is too??:yes: we need to connect on that Tuesday. MrsP wants to solidify our plans too so we can ensure we all connect at least once... it will probably be the only time that us yardies from all over the country will be in one spot :yes: at the same time. So the 14th??? or 15th???

I leave Wednesday the 15th at 5:15 pm. Sunny leaves Thursday the 16th noonish (??). Tuesday sounds good.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Sus, mommy2b is okay. She's hanging in their and looking forward to the birth of her daugther and motherhood.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

alright island i PM'ed you back. I gotta jump offline now and work, a bit. i also have to schedule 27 visits for next weeks to see all of my clients before i leave, since they cant seem to function when i go on vacation. I will chat with you all later.

peace

Edited by honeychild36

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I'm homesick.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL,

Sus, If I could drink on t he job, I'd probably be more productive. lol I thought the X-ray machine had found a TOY! :rofl:

Lawns, If I'm feeling like this when I reach I'll be sure to mix that on up.

Thanks Rox, Marie, Honey and Island. I have all the numbers with me so we are GOOD. 14th works for me.

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I'm homesick.

Lawns, then pack your sh-t and come on. :blush:

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

If I could be hopping on a plane right now, trust me I would?

You think anyone would notice if I went to JA instead of my conference? I could set my friend up at the hotel in MD and hop a flight!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hate the last night in Jamaica. It's pure sadness for me and Ray. He's always is there to lift my spirits, but sometimes that doesn't even work. So, right now I have butterflies in my tummy, aching along my neck and back and a sore throat. I'm a natural mess. lol

Before my day gets away from me and I don't have a chance to log back on, I just want to thank each of you that have been riding with me since I first thought about the Visa process and joined VJ. (Not calling names, you know who you are) I must say this is truly the best forum I have ever been connected to. It's a true addiction. Thanks for all of the opinions/advise whether positive or negative that you given to me. It has really helped me along the way. I'm heading to Jamaica with positive vibes and it's because of you guy's. Now let me say this and don't fuss me out. Whether the results of our interview are GOOD or BAD, please know that I will be ok. I mean this. I will e-mail or call Lawny or Manya as soon as I can step out of the embassy doors and can get to my phone to let them know my status. Approval!!!!!!! lol I will miss you guy's while I'm gone and will try to login to see what's going on. Anyone coming after me whether it be for vacation, interview, rooks, or whateva, safe travels and goodluck to you.

_thank%20you.jpg

love-zebra.png

Sunny

Safe travels, enjoy your trip, God Bless :star: , Good luck:)

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Sunny, you know if I could I would.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.