SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Forbes sorry, I just found the info here you go on the MEDICAL. I know the website said $80/US for Kingston, but my friend from Cali whose interview is the same day as Lita told me her hubby paid $90/US and Dr. Banbury (I don't know why). His medical was Tuesday.

MoBay Hope Medical -- Montego Bay 876.953.3981 ($95.00 US)

Andrews Memorial -- Kingston 876.926.7401-3 ($80.00 US)

Dr. Banbury -- Kingston 876.908.2123 ($80.00 US)

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all! I am working from home today - didn't tell anyone, and don't give a rats azz what they think, lol - I have already worked 50 hrs this week, so they are lucky I am working at all!

Leaving JA sucks - DJ and I typically end up in a fight about something the night before - usually something stupid, but by the time we wake up we are ok - I have come to realize that it's the stress of leaving. I am usually okay at the airport - we have the same routine - check in, then Island Grill, then we say goodbye - Once I get home the first time I try to go to sleep by myself or the first time I hear his voice on the phone is where I typically lose it.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Ohhhhh Sus,

I don't blame you. Damn when I was a legal secretary those were the hours I worked per week. Sometimes I'll push it to 60 hours per week. I always hate leaving JA, but Marcel and I had a routine. I'd check in early. Sometimes 4 hours before my flight or more if they'd let me and we'll go to dead end beach, get something to eat, get some drinks and then sit on the wall and talk to each other. We could sit their forever with our foreheads pressed together. That helped me a lot, but I would bawl like a baby once I go through the gate.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

That's one of the reasons I left law firms and went inhouse, Lawny - because I was doing trial work, and ALWAYS on trial - which meant I frequently worked till 3 am and had to be in court by 9! This week has been bad and truly hard work all week because of the incompetents that I work with - But I took on a bunch of new assignments a few months ago, and have been averaging around 70 hrs a week since July in order to get the system up and running. I am also pushing it right now, because I still get OT and the extra money is doing nice things to my bank account - once my re-eval is completed, I won't be getting the OT anymore and trust, I will slow down! I have some report writing that I need to get done, which is really technical computer work and I need to concentrate - no lie, I have at least 4 people standing in line looking for me all day long if I am in my office!

I am also trying to push the point that they need to hire another paralegal who can take on the litigation tasks, which will remove me from working with the idiot attorney - by working the equivalent of 2 FT jobs, I am building a solid case for my manager to get budget approval for another body.

Edited by sus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawnin Yardies,

I'm all packed and ready to go tomorrow. I think I'm going to leave work early because I still feel sick. Sore throat and aching. Ugh!

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Sus I feel you on that. I support 165 employees... 20 of them are managers, 16 directors and 9 vice presidents, 1 CIO. I've learned that I can't get everything done in one day and if I drop down dead today they'll just haul my body off in a body bag and hire someone else. What I missed the most about the lawfirm was the OVERTIME. If I worked 2 weekends a month that was an extra $1500 in my pocket. But the attorneys drove me insane. They did not like to be corrected when they made mistakes.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
But the attorneys drove me insane. They did not like to be corrected when they made mistakes.

Truer words have never been spoken! The attorney that I primarily deal with on the litigations fits every stereotypical portrayal of the "Jewish American Princess" that you can imagine - and she does NOTHING. She yet again dropped the ball on a case and we got a default judgment against us - she did it before, and I had nothing documenting that she knew about it and she placed all the blame on me - This time, I have proof that I emailed her every single week for 3 months and she ignored it and never replied - plus she tried to say she called and left a vm 3 times - the man doesn't have vm. So I am now in a position where I have to sit down with a different attorney and look at and rewrite our procedures for how to handle litigations (more work for me) - I am giving him all of the stuff, but I keep repeating that our procedure is tight -unless you address the human error factor, it's never going to change and it's going to happen again. She needs to just be fired.

Morning Sunny! Start taking vitamin C and zinc - take 2 advil then 2 tylenol - you can take them every 4 hrs, so alternate between the two and take one of them every 2 hrs. One of my drs. told me to do this for flu / aches, and it really works to kick it out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hate the last night in Jamaica. It's pure sadness for me and Ray. He's always is there to lift my spirits, but sometimes that doesn't even work. So, right now I have butterflies in my tummy, aching along my neck and back and a sore throat. I'm a natural mess. lol

Before my day gets away from me and I don't have a chance to log back on, I just want to thank each of you that have been riding with me since I first thought about the Visa process and joined VJ. (Not calling names, you know who you are) I must say this is truly the best forum I have ever been connected to. It's a true addiction. Thanks for all of the opinions/advise whether positive or negative that you given to me. It has really helped me along the way. I'm heading to Jamaica with positive vibes and it's because of you guy's. Now let me say this and don't fuss me out. Whether the results of our interview are GOOD or BAD, please know that I will be ok. I mean this. I will e-mail or call Lawny or Manya as soon as I can step out of the embassy doors and can get to my phone to let them know my status. Approval!!!!!!! lol I will miss you guy's while I'm gone and will try to login to see what's going on. Anyone coming after me whether it be for vacation, interview, rooks, or whateva, safe travels and goodluck to you.

_thank%20you.jpg

love-zebra.png

Sunny

Morning Sunny! Start taking vitamin C and zinc - take 2 advil then 2 tylenol - you can take them every 4 hrs, so alternate between the two and take one of them every 2 hrs. One of my drs. told me to do this for flu / aches, and it really works to kick it out.

Sus, you trying to kill me. LMAO Lawny asked me if I had any rum. I was like at work! lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Sus, you trying to kill me. LMAO Lawny asked me if I had any rum. I was like at work! lol

LOL - it won't kill you - and won't get you fired like drinking on the job would!

Best wishes - you know the answer is going to be approval - and just think, if Ray doesn't come back with you this trip, then this is the last time you will be dealing with that goodbye at the airport nightmare!

Okay, do what Sus suggest with rotating the advil and tylenol

When you get to Jamaica do this or have Ray's mom do it

Get some ginger, honey, rum and black tea (bush tea is the BEST) ...draw the tea and let it sit then drink it. If you're brave enough you can add 1 or 2 scotch bonnet pepper seeds.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Mawnin Yardies,

I'm all packed and ready to go tomorrow. I think I'm going to leave work early because I still feel sick. Sore throat and aching. Ugh!

Oh Sunny, get better Chica. Maybe as soon as you get in that warm sunshine you will feel better.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning ladies, wha gwaan?

Sunny i hope you feel better, JA SOon come.

Well the way i look at it is starting tomorrow i work literally from saturday until saturday i will be too tired to do anything but drag my azz to the airport in Detroit and fly to JA, come sunday night, since i need to leave home by 2 am to get to the airport by 4 . SOmewhere in between all this working i have to find time to wash, pack for myself and two kids, and get the fro done. Im tired just thinking about it :yes:

Sus when i hear you talk about work, im so glad i didnt go to law school, i think i would be miserable :yes: it was always my life goal and aspiration but mi no haf fi energy for it anymore :no:

Timeline
Sunny best of wishes to you, i got your JA cell number, you got mine and Dwaynes, dont get there and forget to call me or im gonna start texting you soon as i can :yes:

Honey...you can never be forgotten. :no::lol:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.