SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wasn't searched in the JA, but the Bahamas?? they took apart EVERYBODY's bags..

In Atlanta, on my way to FL, they picked and chose peoples bags to look through AS U BOARDED THE PLANE. had never seen that b4...

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Well ladies, I have to split for the day. Again, I'm sad to go. Wish me luck....have to find a way to get home by detouring around closed streets today. Seems the big VP debate today is not too far from where I am right now. They have been shutting down streets since 11 a.m. Should make the usual traffic joy I experience, that much more fun today.

Aftanoon yaardies!

Sunny...what kinda food items you have? Sometimes it depends on what the item is...or who searches ur bag...or if ur bag even gets searched.

Once I brought all kinds of things...butter, oil, even potatoes and red peppers :star: never got searched

I was wondering about all this search talk. When I went no one with me got searched. Do they just pick and choose who to search? Maybe the look at how much you travel back and forth.

In Jamaica.....when you get in the line to check in at the airport....they don't search your bags?

In the US, I think they are talking about the x-ray seeing something and them then searching.

So I found this on JA customs website:

Look at this part :blink:

Prohibited Items

Prohibited items are absolutely forbidden from entering Jamaica, some of which include:

Indecent and obscene prints

Indecent and obscene prints, paintings, photographs, cinematograph films, lithographs, engravings, books, cards or written communications or any indecent or obscene articles whether similar to the above or not and any parcels, packages or packets having thereon, or on the cover thereof, any words, marks or designs which are grossly offensive or of an indecent or obscene character.

Coin – base or counterfeit coin of any country.

The following and similar publications:

1. All publications of de Laurence Scott and Company of Chicago in the

United States of America relating to divination, magic, cultism or

supernatural arts.

2. All publications of the Red Star Publishing Company of Chicago in the

United States of America relating to divination, magic, cultism or

supernatural arts.

http://www.jacustoms.gov.jm/customs/index.htm#

WTH is that? I've never ever heard of that stuff. That's just crazy.

I wonder if you wore some Harry Potter - Dumbledore looking robe and hat, if they would let you off the plane in JA?????????

lol @ JG oh you can't bring obscene material but midgets can freak in the strip club?! :rofl: isn't that obscene? *sol is shaking head in amazement*

I hate to say it; but to me midgets getting their freak on in a strip club would just make me crack up.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
egging cars.... a long time ago this boy who liked me and my big brother beat him up for it...egged my house..and then pulled out a bb gun on my mom. Mine you all I did was keep walking while he was trying to holla at me. Sad...but he got murdered a couple of years ago. Police found him on a fence like he had been running for his life. Sad :huh:

that is sad..

dang, what in the heck he pulling out bb guns for?? on ur MAMA?? that is def a way to a woman's heart.. :wacko:

Timeline
I hate to say it; but to me midgets getting their freak on in a strip club would just make me crack up.

Night JG! I am still at work :(

Sorry, but Sol that midget is a JA citizen, he has rights!! And he's supposedly famous, lol

Wouldn't make you crack up either - he might be short, but he's definitely not midget in other areas :blink: and he's flexible

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Quana...at the airport in kingston they sometimes check bags as people board...they call people randomly

Later JG :)

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline

but Sol that midget is a JA citizen, he has rights!! And he's supposedly famous, lol

Wouldn't make you crack up either - he might be short, but he's definitely not midget in other areas :blink: and he's flexible

:bonk: really don't want a mental picture Sus :lol:

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline

hey all..mi tink a mi alone chat to much :)

Lawny how u so rass brite...no body yah nah wuk wid yuh bout...u a fling dates an a chat bout check dates..dyam brite..go do yuh dutty wuk yuhself..matta a fact tell him fi go have him coward son fi dweet..

Thanks Yaads...ongly one smaddy mek mi wrath up in yah :)

Mi tired

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Quana...at the airport in kingston they sometimes check bags as people board...they call people randomly

Later JG :)

Girl.. i was watching and hoping they would not pick me, cuz I am very disorganized and forgetful.. once I go through security and have everything in its place, boarding pass in my hand, I don't won't no other disruptions..

one time i was turning in my rent a car. i thought i had double and triple checked my 2 bags and RG was like u got everything and I was like "yeah" and i turned around and he had my purse in his hand!!!

:bonk:

I told him "baby, i am glad u are able to see what u are dealing with" :rofl:

that is sad..

dang, what in the heck he pulling out bb guns for?? on ur MAMA?? that is def a way to a woman's heart.. :wacko:

Trying to scare us...I must admit I was scared...for a while I would walk the long way to the bus stop to go to work after school...

Edited by kkholiday2006

Timeline

Sus I wish..usually thats' the case..been up since 6:30 as usual took Kimora to school (her daddy and i ame to a truce) i take her and he picks her up...but anyway before i stray :) then hubby had his road test at 11 so i couldn't even come back and sleep..then we had to wait around to get Kimora and now i'm tired cause i went to bed at 2:30am..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Hey, I got search in Kingston, when I was returning, but I thought it was because they had seen Joel and I opened up my suitcase outside to put somemore things in it from my carry-one bag. His mother had given me some liquid vanilla to send to my BIl in FLL. I forgot to put all of the bottles in, so when my carry-on went thru the scanner, they picked it out. So I told the lady sorry, forgot to put this one in my bag.

The same happen to me in the Bahamas, i brought some 100 proof rum, had scrape the label off, because I was not told until I had gotten to the airport, that you can not bring it out of the country. I had to hand that over.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

i never get earched...just a bag a questions and picha me a ansa irrelivant questions bout mi trip :) except fi wi wedding ...we mussi did ave dyam near 15 bags

Timeline
Sus I wish..usually thats' the case..been up since 6:30 as usual took Kimora to school (her daddy and i ame to a truce) i take her and he picks her up...but anyway before i stray :) then hubby had his road test at 11 so i couldn't even come back and sleep..then we had to wait around to get Kimora and now i'm tired cause i went to bed at 2:30am..

oh no.. an likkle tahlia ride w/ u all day too??

Timeline

Sure did Quana (sorry)...she did comfatable..knocked out..and getting carried..could have left her..but mi no ready yet..since mi soon affi go back a wuk and mi a go real need a babysitta den

Edited by Hotlegz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.