SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Aftanoon yaardies!

Sunny...what kinda food items you have? Sometimes it depends on what the item is...or who searches ur bag...or if ur bag even gets searched.

Once I brought all kinds of things...butter, oil, even potatoes and red peppers :star: never got searched

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Aftanoon yaardies!

Sunny...what kinda food items you have? Sometimes it depends on what the item is...or who searches ur bag...or if ur bag even gets searched.

Once I brought all kinds of things...butter, oil, even potatoes and red peppers :star: never got searched

Trust me, don't bother. Marie, you lucky. I'm talking about them throwing it out before it gets on the plane....before you leave for Jamaica. Sometimes they don't pay attention when the luggage gets x-rayed and some pieces get hand searched after they go through the machine.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

lawny...yeah i never got searched leaving the US or entering JA. I had put everything in my hand luggage...had everything freezed from in the week, wrapped them in foil then newspaper then clothes....i do this with food items each time i go down. just buy the big tub a butter from costco....i guess its different for everyone

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

Dance, when i recruit for seasonal workers and I explain to them what will be deducted from their paychecks, they have no understanding of SS or Medicare deductions. Most of them think they should be getting that money back at the end of the year. WRONG. Alot of the workers have been coming to the US to work for years, some may have earn a fair amount of SS credits. So, even if SS sends out a statement every year, it doesn't get to them because they may have moved on from the address.

I'm not trying to fix a system, I see that this is just a lack of information on the non-USC part.

lawny...yeah i never got searched leaving the US or entering JA. I had put everything in my hand luggage...had everything freezed from in the week, wrapped them in foil then newspaper then clothes....i do this with food items each time i go down. just buy the big tub a butter from costco....i guess its different for everyone

Marie,

You're so lucky. I guess I travel too much so, they're always picking on. On my last 2 trips they didn't bother me when I got to Jamaica because I have the residency stamp in my passport. Once the customs agent saw that he just said welcome home...but before I got that stamp it was a pain in the baxide.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

i dont have the stamp and never had a problem...i'm not sure why. on the other hand whenever my mom travels they give her a hard time. it just depends i guess

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

If they allow you to bring liquor, why would it be any different than cooking oil?

Roxie, I don't know. I just know that I've had a friends and family members that have place cooking oil in their suitcases don't have it in their when they reach mobay. I have to check with my cousin. They did put a note in her suitcase explaining what is allowed in checked luggage.

Marie,

I don't know why either. Last May I was taken out of line and brought to a separate room by immigration when I got to Montego Bay to be questioned about the frequency of my trips. I just answered what they asked and asked them if they were done. They had to go through the same bull when I flew back to Baltimore. I know I'm straight, so I don't let them get to me. It does wear you thin after a while.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It happens all the time. Seen it happen to family members. Same way I didn't know your US citizenship (naturalized) can be revoked. I learned that this year.

What did you learn? What can cause your naturalization to be revoked?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey island, im sneaking online so i will be quick.... oh sorry for being rude... WAVING...wha gwaan ladies????

island i dont know if it is cuz i dont have sparkling flawless credit or what but im not jacked up... my credit union is hemming and hawing over financing me, they said your delinquent on your student loans i said :yes: yall wanna pay them for me???? i bet one of you mofo's up in here is delinquent too, what that got to do with me getting money, i have paid you MF's damn near 17k, over the past few years on this dyam car and only owe yall 2k, right now, and never been late with a payment, so i said phock it so i went to the dealership who of course wants the business but at a higher finance rate :no: so i got the dealer finding someone to finance me at my terms if not i may have to roll out a bit longer till i pay off my car. :angry: i tend to be impulsive and im the kind of want it NOW person, when NOW may not be the time, i put my car in the shop and im waiting to see what they estimate will be ??? hell now that they approved the bailout maybe i can get some dyam money

Yes, with all the hoopla going on right now, getting a loan will be tough. My boss said the other day that you have to have a credit score of 720 in order to get a loan. Be very wary of what the dealership wants to do for you. Their "helping" could surely hurt in the long run. Save the impluses for sex :devil: not money.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Aftanoon yaardies!

Cow foot, chicken back, oxtail and a whole heep of other stuff. :rofl:

No, I'm taking cookies, taco kit, latte, and a few other things. Can I take oregano(sp) or do you think they'll think it's ganga. I looked for it in Jamaica and couldn't find when I made spaghetti.

lawny, marie and JG,

Get rid of the bootleg siggy's because dem nah wuk.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sunny - I would think you could bring it as long as it was in a sealed container. I brought lots of food stuff down and they never gave me any problems. Probably cause it was all non perishables and in the original packaging. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sunny - I would think you could bring it as long as it was in a sealed container. I brought lots of food stuff down and they never gave me any problems. Probably cause it was all non perishables and in the original packaging. Good luck!

Can you imagine me getting locked up over oregano? :rofl: How much time do you think I'd get?

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

I didnt even realize my siggy wasnt workin :mellow:

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

It's Sunny's fault the siggy naw wurk...she came in here with her BOOTLEG version of siggy and messed them all up...her and her DUPPY bootlegged signataures

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.