Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sunny, some of these same rules that applies to visitors here in the USA. At the POE you must be able to show that you can support yourself here in the USA base on the length of time you plan to stay.

This is done an a case by case bases. I also, believe this is a rule for entry into JA aswell, they can ask to see your hotel accomdations arrngement, and ask to see if you have the ability to pay for it. If not, they can refuse you entry into their country.

Again, this is done on a case by case bases.

U are right Rox, but it is still unfortanate that refusal can depend on other things than just the basic rules. It can depend on the officers' bias and/ or agenda. Like u said it happens everywhere and is case by case..

Timeline
Hey, Sus. Thanks today. That Andy was getting on my nerves. I had to step away. You said what I was thinking.

Andie and the whole "skipping the process"? Ugh I had to stay away.

Yeah mon.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus, that's why I think it is important for them to apply for USC, because every time they leave the country and try to travel, there is so much that can go wrong. I don't want to spent my time arguing w/ PO's every time we want to go some where.

I would like to start/end my vacations on a good note rather than fighting to get/leave a country.

That is one of the main reasons people apply for USC, in my opinion. Don't have to worry about traveling visas and all that good stuff. Having a US passport definitely helps when you are trying to travel.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lawd, today is just not moving fast enough. :clock: I've got things to do shoot!

Are u working tomorrow.

yes, and all day tomorrow. :angry:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Sus, that's why I think it is important for them to apply for USC, because every time they leave the country and try to travel, there is so much that can go wrong. I don't want to spent my time arguing w/ PO's every time we want to go some where.

I would like to start/end my vacations on a good note rather than fighting to get/leave a country.

That is one of the main reasons people apply for USC, in my opinion. Don't have to worry about traveling visas and all that good stuff. Having a US passport definitely helps when you are trying to travel.

It's one good reason. We are looking at more the other reasons such as social security benefits, estate issues, the fact that the next step up for him is manager of his own store, etc. Not to mention if (GOD forbid) he would have any law related issues. Travelling abroad is currently very low on our totem pole.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

You all are really scary on here lately :unsure:

Hey, Sus. Thanks today. That Andy was getting on my nerves. I had to step away. You said what I was thinking.

:rofl: You think so???? guess we all have a DARK side LOL

Aww JG..u know I am a sweetheart.. I hate unfairness though.. I am glad that I am a USC but to see things happen to others just cuz they are not, buns me up..den mi a chat patois LOL

Timeline
Lawd, today is just not moving fast enough. :clock: I've got things to do shoot!

Are u working tomorrow.

yes, and all day tomorrow. :angry:

No sympathy for that reason here. I do have to admit the clock seems to be stopped.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

My MIL just called me and asked if I could bring her some butter and cooking oil when I come down in NOV. Now I am aware that food cost more in JA, than here in the USA, but does it cost somemuch more that I need to be sneaking butter into JA. I would rather go to the Super Plus and buy it, if we are only talking about a couple of dollars more.

With these new rules being put onto your luggages for traveling, such as paying for it, I would like to save my luggage for clothes and shoes. I'm going to call the Super Plus store and see how much Butter cost.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
No sympathy for that reason here. I do have to admit the clock seems to be stopped.

You don't have any sympathy for me JG. Shame pon you. :rofl:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

It's one good reason. We are looking at more the other reasons such as social security benefits, estate issues, the fact that the next step up for him is manager of his own store, etc. Not to mention if (GOD forbid) he would have any law related issues. Travelling abroad is currently very low on our totem pole.

Jomo, does the SS law says that only a USC can get SS benefits? If you have enough work credit applied to SS, can you not get yur own benefits when it is time.

How do no citizens get disability benefits, I see a lot of people(hispanics, vietnamies, etc) who are disable getting SS benefits. I have seen some who couldn't even speak english get this benefit.

I am just asking, if you see your hubby not being a USC, that would creat a problem for him in getting his SS benefits at retirement time?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's low on ours as well. For us it to be done with freaking USCIS and all the fees! The law issues is another one...not that I EVER forsee a reason but you just never know.

Timeline

Jomo, does the SS law says that only a USC can get SS benefits? If you have enough work credit applied to SS, can you not get yur own benefits when it is time.

How do no citizens get disability benefits, I see a lot of people(hispanics, vietnamies, etc) who are disable getting SS benefits. I have seen some who couldn't even speak english get this benefit.

I am just asking, if you see your hubby not being a USC, that would creat a problem for him in getting his SS benefits at retirement time?

the rule is that u are a usc or an alien lawfully residing in the US.. (which he would be)

only benefit that requires USC is SSI (which is a welfare benefit anyway)

i am not getting this quote stuff.. I am trying to cut off all extra stuff like Kimmy told me to LOL.. i am evidently cutting off TOO much..

See kimmy ya ave me fraid fi mi life!!!

Edited by dancehallquana

So, dance, if an GC holder works in the USA, legally, but never aquire USC and leaves before he/she reaches retirement age, at retirement age can they request their SS retirement benefits?

Timeline

ADVANTAGES:

- ?The Right to Vote?

- ?Hold Certain Federal Jobs?

- ?Security From Anti-Immigrant Laws?

- ?Security From Deportation?

- ?The Right to Live Outside the U.S. or Take Long Trips?

- ?Special Rights and Protections When Traveling Outside the U.S.?

- ?Ease in Returning to the U.S.?

- ?Increased Ability to Help Family Members Immigrate?

- ?Eligibility for Public Benefits?

?No paperwork of renewing their certificates of naturalization?

- ?Less residency requirements?

- ?Many countries waive visa requirements for U.S. passport holders?

- ?With a U.S. passport, you are eligible for U.S. citizen services

from U.S. embassies and consulates when traveling throughout the

world?

- ?Becoming a U.S. citizen can help your children. Unmarried permanent

resident children under age 18 automatically become citizens when both

parents or a single parent with child custody becomes a citizen.?

?In the case of inheritance, it seems that the biggest difference

between citizens and resident aliens is the ability to defer

inheritance taxes on a spouse's estate. Marital property must be

transferred to a non-citizen through a Qualified Domestic Trust.?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.