SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Investment tips for 2008 With all the turmoil in the market today and the collapse of Lehman Bros and Acquisition of Merrill Lynch by Bank of America this might be some good advice. For all of you with any money left, be aware of the next expected mergers so that you can get in on the ground floor and make some BIG bucks.

Watch for these consolidations in later this year:

1.) Hale Business Systems, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Fuller Brush, and W R. Grace Co. Will merge and become:

Hale, Mary, Fuller, Grace.

2.) Polygram Records, Warner Bros., and Zesta Crackers join forces and become:

Poly, Warner Cracker.

3.) 3M will merge with Goodyear and become:

MMMGood.

4. Zippo Manufacturing, Audi Motors, Dofasco, and Dakota Mining will merge and become:

ZipAudiDoDa .

5. FedEx is expected to join its competitor, UPS, and become:

FedUP.

6. Fairchild Electronic s and Honeywell Computers will become:

Fairwell Honeychild.

7. Grey Poupon and Docker Pants are expected to become:

PouponPants.

8. Knotts Berry Farm and the National Organization of Women will become:

Knott NOW!

And finally...

9. Victoria 's Secret and Smith &Wesson will merge under the new name:

TittyTittyBangBang

:rofl: FUNNY

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Since DJ didn't end up going to the Bahamas, I don't have first hand experience - But I searched and searched and searched and could not find any requirement that said you need to have XXXX on you - I was prepared to argue this though, because I'll be dammed if I'll pay a lazy azz to do their job!

He had all of his flight info - arrival and departure tickets, a copy of the hotel info confirmation that listed both our names, and I was planning to be at the airport waiting for him on arrival since I got there first - He would have had credit cards and his bank card in his wallet and probably some cash, but no where near that amount of cash on him - Do they have an ATM in the immigration line so that they can check your bank balance? I don't travel with that much cash on me - especially not on a trip like that where I went to an AI and everything was already paid for -

I think your friend got screwed Sunny and was too afraid to speak up.

It doesn't sound like he was just going for a vacation, though Sunny -

He was going to stay with family and no intentions to go back. He was to go back to the officer when his stamp was ready to expire and get it extended. Got screwed How? He has friends that do this all the time. I've heard this happen to other another person also that traveled to the Bahamas. He didn't have a reservation for Hotel stay, but he was going to visit family. They said he needed to have enough to stay for the length of time he said he would be there.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Sus, that joke is very funny.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
RG said they ask where will u stay.. u tell them whatever hotel and then they want to see that u have the money to pay for it (see if u are telling the truth). if u are staying w/ friends they want to see that u have "traveling money". Like why would u come all the way to the Bahamas and not have at least some money to eat on.. those are his experiences anyway..

RG asked that too.. he said he wonder what they would say if u had a credit card or something and told them u planned to pay for ur hotel w/ that???

in ur case, dj would have the hotel confirmation to show it was already paid for and then if they continue then YES, he should fight it..

that's why I said it's probably different if your traveling with someone from the states. He was going alone. Seems like every situation is different.

ROC

Timeline

Lawd, today is just not moving fast enough. :clock: I've got things to do shoot!

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Since DJ didn't end up going to the Bahamas, I don't have first hand experience - But I searched and searched and searched and could not find any requirement that said you need to have XXXX on you - I was prepared to argue this though, because I'll be dammed if I'll pay a lazy azz to do their job!

He had all of his flight info - arrival and departure tickets, a copy of the hotel info confirmation that listed both our names, and I was planning to be at the airport waiting for him on arrival since I got there first - He would have had credit cards and his bank card in his wallet and probably some cash, but no where near that amount of cash on him - Do they have an ATM in the immigration line so that they can check your bank balance? I don't travel with that much cash on me - especially not on a trip like that where I went to an AI and everything was already paid for -

I think your friend got screwed Sunny and was too afraid to speak up.

It doesn't sound like he was just going for a vacation, though Sunny -

He was going to stay with family and no intentions to go back. He was to go back to the officer when his stamp was ready to expire and get it extended. Got screwed How? He has friends that do this all the time. I've heard this happen to other another person also that traveled to the Bahamas. He didn't have a reservation for Hotel stay, but he was going to visit family. They said he needed to have enough to stay for the length of time he said he would be there.

Sunny, some of these same rules that applies to visitors here in the USA. At the POE you must be able to show that you can support yourself here in the USA base on the length of time you plan to stay.

This is done an a case by case bases. I also, believe this is a rule for entry into JA aswell, they can ask to see your hotel accomdations arrngement, and ask to see if you have the ability to pay for it. If not, they can refuse you entry into their country.

Again, this is done on a case by case bases.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

I think it is different depending on the situation - I thought your friend was just going for a visit, Sunny, that is why I thought he got screwed - if I was going on vacation and someone told me I had to pay them that to enter the country I would be raising HELL! It sounds like he stepped into the network of how to circumvent the system and get into the country - just like there is anywhere else. (not passing judgment here if it sounds like that, having a bad day)

I think the answer to the money question is that the person needs to have proof of where they are staying - so Sol, you would have to make sure Garth had all the documentation that he needed to prove his hotel was paid for and everything -

Re: Investment advice:

I can't wait to go shop at Tittytittybangbang!

Edited by sus

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

that's why I said it's probably different if your traveling with someone from the states. He was going alone. Seems like every situation is different.

Girl..it get on my nerves the stories!!! he always hopes his ride hurry up and comes cuz if not, the immigration officers patrol the outside of the airport (very small airport) and start questioning u. i was like "after u have already gotten through customs???" :angry::angry:

i told him I can't wait till we get married and travel together.. so dey can open they rhatid mout wid sump'n fi sey!!!! mi give'em a real NASTY look when dey look pon mi and him and tink dey want to say something.. dey will see di "American Werewolf" :girlwerewolf2xn::rofl::rofl:

Timeline

I agree every situation is different. He could have got screwed I don't know Sus. I just want folks to be prepared in case this happens to anyone else. To many rules for one person to keep up with. lol You know Jamaicans get treated differently than we would.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Timeline

I know, Sunny - I was glad you had told me so that I was prepared for battle, lol -

Definitely a difference - I dropped my cousin at the terminal to fly back to the US - nice, new, clean, lots of shops - The taxi drove me a around the corner to where Air JA flies from - one room with a one stall bathroom and a vending machine - The AJ ticket agent took my departure form from me - never went through any immigration or had my passport stamped that I left!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
i told him I can't wait till we get married and travel together.. so dey can open they rhatid mout wid sump'n fi sey!!!! mi give'em a real NASTY look when dey look pon mi and him and tink dey want to say something.. dey will see di "American Werewolf" :girlwerewolf2xn::rofl::rofl:

You all are really scary on here lately :unsure:

Hey, Sus. Thanks today. That Andy was getting on my nerves. I had to step away. You said what I was thinking.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Sus, that's why I think it is important for them to apply for USC, because every time they leave the country and try to travel, there is so much that can go wrong. I don't want to spent my time arguing w/ PO's every time we want to go some where.

I would like to start/end my vacations on a good note rather than fighting to get/leave a country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.