SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He paid the Immigration guy $250 and got right through. Crazy huh?

It may be different if your going together. Check with Sus, but he was traveling alone from JA to Bahamas.

Oh so your countries safety is only worth $250. Whateva sounds like another way to get over if you ask me! :angry: Everybody has a hussle.

He would be alone we were going to meet but looks like that is out. Guess I have to check out DR and Punta Cana more thoroughly unless somebody got some stories to tell about that. :unsure:

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question, do your JA husband have to apply for USC. Question, there is only one 10 year GC application correct?

Question, How long do you have been in the US, before you can apply for USC. Is it 3 years., so this entire process can be over within 5 years of your life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It may be different if your going together. Check with Sus, but he was traveling alone from JA to Bahamas.

Oh so your countries safety is only worth $250. Whateva sounds like another way to get over if you ask me! :angry: Everybody has a hussle.

He would be alone we were going to meet but looks like that is out. Guess I have to check out DR and Punta Cana more thoroughly unless somebody got some stories to tell about that. :unsure:

Well, don't count Bahamas out just yet. Sus probably has some information to share.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Sol.. don't change right away.. I mean RG has been several times and most of the time he has not had problems.. its just the luck of the draw.. didn't mean to scare u so bad. lets hear from some more yaadies.. Will Garth have any money on him??

Filed: Timeline

$1000!!!! Wha di RASS.. i don't even have $1000 when I go somewhere LOL.. Pure foolishness..

I totally understand protecting your country from illegal activity but that seemed a lil strict. and to buy ur plane ticket get all the way there and then be turned away for that..

Can a sista get through w/ $500 at least??? :blink::rofl:

Quannah,

When I went home in November last year, I brought $8,000/US with me (not my money), but money from my dad to do some work on the house, order materials and buy furniture and all, the rest was to go in the bank. Now, these people at customs not only jacked up my suitcase they also went through my carry on and my handbag and they saw the money which I had in plain white envelopes with directions on how the monies should be dispursed. You know they tried to tell me that I had to declare the cash. I said no I don't. You only have to declare if you're bringing over $10,000/US, according to what it says on the form.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question, do your JA husband have to apply for USC. Question, there is only one 10 year GC application correct?

Question, How long do you have been in the US, before you can apply for USC. Is it 3 years., so this entire process can be over within 5 years of your life.

No they don't have to do naturalization/citizenship if they don't want to. If they don't they have to renew the 10 year GC before it expires each time.

I don't know about all cases but I do know that for A who came over on a K1 he is eligible to apply for citizenship 90 days before the 3 year anniversary of getting his green card.

Edited by Yardiewife

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is crazy! I hate all the corruption stuff :angry:

Sorry to say that money's rules. I'm sure there are Customs and Immigration officers in the states that do it. Especially in Miami. A lot of folks are money hungry. He said it was all planned out before he left Jamaica. They told him which officer to see and they even took him into the room sat the airport and played that off to. It's real crazy, but there are some many corrupt people out there.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Hey island, im sneaking online so i will be quick.... oh sorry for being rude... WAVING...wha gwaan ladies????

island i dont know if it is cuz i dont have sparkling flawless credit or what but im not jacked up... my credit union is hemming and hawing over financing me, they said your delinquent on your student loans i said :yes: yall wanna pay them for me???? i bet one of you mofo's up in here is delinquent too, what that got to do with me getting money, i have paid you MF's damn near 17k, over the past few years on this dyam car and only owe yall 2k, right now, and never been late with a payment, so i said phock it so i went to the dealership who of course wants the business but at a higher finance rate :no: so i got the dealer finding someone to finance me at my terms if not i may have to roll out a bit longer till i pay off my car. :angry: i tend to be impulsive and im the kind of want it NOW person, when NOW may not be the time, i put my car in the shop and im waiting to see what they estimate will be ??? hell now that they approved the bailout maybe i can get some dyam money

Honey you said all that and you are asking for money?! :rofl: don't count on your credit union. Mine just closed my line of credit and I didn't even do anything wrong. I have paid it off 2 times I paid it before time etc etc they just closed it. My sister works at the bank and said they have been doing this a lot to people with all this credit bs. They have been closing people's lines of credit and lowering their limits. They are particularly looking at debt ratio, home apprasials, and deliquencies even if it isn't with them. I think they closed mine because of debt ratio. My debt is for my student loans, my house, and my car. I don't have credit cards etc. I wanted to slap those people. Anyway if you can save your car save it cause I predict these people are going to get a whole lot dumber before they get smarter. Credit Unions are traditionally have stricter criteria than tradional lenders. I heard the auto lending part of the fianancial industry is supposed to be the next big hooha!

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to say that money's rules. I'm sure there are Customs and Immigration officers in the states that do it. Especially in Miami. A lot of folks are money hungry. He said it was all planned out before he left Jamaica. They told him which officer to see and they even took him into the room sat the airport and played that off to. It's real crazy, but there are some many corrupt people out there.

Been going on for years, that's why they're always replaced or shifts changed at the last minute. How u think BUNGIE end up on some of the flights, so nicely stored, but later on a huge drug bust....ummmmmm mek mi tap type.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Since DJ didn't end up going to the Bahamas, I don't have first hand experience - But I searched and searched and searched and could not find any requirement that said you need to have XXXX on you - I was prepared to argue this though, because I'll be dammed if I'll pay a lazy azz to do their job!

He had all of his flight info - arrival and departure tickets, a copy of the hotel info confirmation that listed both our names, and I was planning to be at the airport waiting for him on arrival since I got there first - He would have had credit cards and his bank card in his wallet and probably some cash, but no where near that amount of cash on him - Do they have an ATM in the immigration line so that they can check your bank balance? I don't travel with that much cash on me - especially not on a trip like that where I went to an AI and everything was already paid for -

I think your friend got screwed Sunny and was too afraid to speak up.

It doesn't sound like he was just going for a vacation, though Sunny -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

They do not have to apply for naturalization. They can if they want. Otherwise, that 10 year GC has to be renewed with form I-90 every 10 years. You can begin the process within 6 months of it expiring.

To naturalize: You HAVE to be a LPR living in the US for 3 years and married to a USC the whole time, not be in the US 3 years. If not married to the USC anymore, you HAVE to be a LPR living in the US 5 years before you can apply on your own. So, basically, 3 years with your green card while married or 5 years without being married. Either way, the clock starts ticking with the issuance of the green card.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Investment tips for 2008 With all the turmoil in the market today and the collapse of Lehman Bros and Acquisition of Merrill Lynch by Bank of America this might be some good advice. For all of you with any money left, be aware of the next expected mergers so that you can get in on the ground floor and make some BIG bucks.

Watch for these consolidations in later this year:

1.) Hale Business Systems, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Fuller Brush, and W R. Grace Co. Will merge and become:

Hale, Mary, Fuller, Grace.

2.) Polygram Records, Warner Bros., and Zesta Crackers join forces and become:

Poly, Warner Cracker.

3.) 3M will merge with Goodyear and become:

MMMGood.

4. Zippo Manufacturing, Audi Motors, Dofasco, and Dakota Mining will merge and become:

ZipAudiDoDa .

5. FedEx is expected to join its competitor, UPS, and become:

FedUP.

6. Fairchild Electronic s and Honeywell Computers will become:

Fairwell Honeychild.

7. Grey Poupon and Docker Pants are expected to become:

PouponPants.

8. Knotts Berry Farm and the National Organization of Women will become:

Knott NOW!

And finally...

9. Victoria 's Secret and Smith &Wesson will merge under the new name:

TittyTittyBangBang

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Since DJ didn't end up going to the Bahamas, I don't have first hand experience - But I searched and searched and searched and could not find any requirement that said you need to have XXXX on you - I was prepared to argue this though, because I'll be dammed if I'll pay a lazy azz to do their job!

He had all of his flight info - arrival and departure tickets, a copy of the hotel info confirmation that listed both our names, and I was planning to be at the airport waiting for him on arrival since I got there first - He would have had credit cards and his bank card in his wallet and probably some cash, but no where near that amount of cash on him - Do they have an ATM in the immigration line so that they can check your bank balance? I don't travel with that much cash on me - especially not on a trip like that where I went to an AI and everything was already paid for -

I think your friend got screwed Sunny and was too afraid to speak up.

RG said they ask where will u stay.. u tell them whatever hotel and then they want to see that u have the money to pay for it (see if u are telling the truth). if u are staying w/ friends they want to see that u have "traveling money". Like why would u come all the way to the Bahamas and not have at least some money to eat on.. those are his experiences anyway..

RG asked that too.. he said he wonder what they would say if u had a credit card or something and told them u planned to pay for ur hotel w/ that???

in ur case, dj would have the hotel confirmation to show it was already paid for and then if they continue then YES, he should fight it..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.