SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
K1 vets -- I need your help.

I just submitted the initial packet earlier this month, so it will probably be a few more months before NOA2. But I'm going to JA in two weeks -- is there anything I could be doing while in JA to prepare for the next step? Are there documents that I should bring down for my SO to have in advance of sending in the second packet? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

DS-230; 156; 157 etc to get his siggy on. :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
LAWD YAADS DAT BRINGS BAD SOME MEMORIES...I'M SCARED :crying:

Yuh beleive that stuff Kimmy?

LIVE IN JA ALL UR LIFE AND SEE SOME OF THESE THINGS U'LL SAY ANOTHER THING..IT'S SINCE I GOT HERE SOMETINGS DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE BUT LET ME TELL U SOME DO!!

I would love to see some stuff!!! Mi not a believer....I told A I wanted to meet the "monkey man" on my trip. He said go ahead, but I'm taking you to him!!! I love watching the show ghost hunters.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bwoy Yardiewife...u good fi find all a those. only ones i can remember right now are if you put ur purse on the floor you'll go broke and if u have a family reunion, someone in the family will die soonafter

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Do anyone know what the process is that USIC does when they have your applicantant in hand. Do you both go thru an FBI check, state ID check with them. What else do they do with the documents, i.e verify marrage licenses.

So my question is this, I was married in JA, I have not filed my marriage here in the states, because I was informed that I did not need to file anything. Will this create a slow down of my process ?

hey i guess i can answer apart of the question. we also got married in jamaica so you will need to turn in a notarized copy of the married certificate. you do not need to file your marriage in the states because marriages in jamaica are recognized by the state.it should not slow down the process if the documents you presented are the original copies or notarized copy.

Hey Jakeswife, I just sent in a zerox copy of the marriage licensed, so if they need a notarized one I guess they will RFE me. Thanks for the reply. Good luck on your interview.

Timeline
:ot: Has anyone ever stayed at the Starfish hotel in Trelawny?

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
Good Afternoon Everyone, Just trying to get catch up at work since I played hooky yesterday to go to an interview.

With the custody issue, we were looking into it, my SO wanted to get custody of his daughter and it very similar to US, you have to proof that the person is unfit or mentally unstable. But its a long drawn out process and you will in most cases need an attorney. We stop pursuing it because we knew he wouldn't win and it was a waste of money, that could be spend doing other things for the baby.

But how about for joint/shared custody? Seems that would be a better chance, as well as a better option for the child. What seems to be the trend is that the mothers try to convince the fathers that they have no rights to the child, which is not so - at least here in the US. So if you get joint custody, you have your rights secured, in some fashion.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Afternoon Everyone, Just trying to get catch up at work since I played hooky yesterday to go to an interview.

With the custody issue, we were looking into it, my SO wanted to get custody of his daughter and it very similar to US, you have to proof that the person is unfit or mentally unstable. But its a long drawn out process and you will in most cases need an attorney. We stop pursuing it because we knew he wouldn't win and it was a waste of money, that could be spend doing other things for the baby.

But how about for joint/shared custody? Seems that would be a better chance, as well as a better option for the child. What seems to be the trend is that the mothers try to convince the fathers that they have no rights to the child, which is not so - at least here in the US. So if you get joint custody, you have your rights secured, in some fashion.

We never really thought about join custody.... but yeah, because even if she agrees to let us have the baby few times out the year she can always change her mind, but if he has some type of custody then she is legally bined to it. Thanks we will look into that.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
Love and Marriage

It is good luck for first cousins to marry as "cousin, cousin boil good soup." It is however not good luck for second cousins to marry. :blink::blink:

A woman who sits on a table will never marry, and neither will a man who turns down his hat on a table or bed.

If a person wants to know the depth of love someone feels for him/her, knot a thread a few times and place a flame over it. If the flame passes over the knots the love is strong.

If you open an umbrella in your house you will not marry.

May is an unlucky month to marry, and Monday and Saturday are unlucky days on which to be married. If you marry on Monday it is believed the husband and wife will quarrel to their deaths, while if you marry on a Saturday it is believed the husband will die. It is also bad luck to marry on your birthday.

Wednesday is the luckiest day to get married and the best times on that day are 8:00 a.m., noon and 4:00 p.m.. Sunday at 4:00 p.m. is also a lucky day and time to get married.

If anything is broken during the wedding reception, the marriage will be an unhappy one.

Dreams

If you dream about fire, it means confusion

If you dream about new shoes,it means you will have a new lover.

If you dream about ankles, it means your enemies are planning to destroy you.

If you dream about a wedding, it means there will be a funeral and if you dream about a new house it means there will be a death.

Pregnancy

Pregnant women should never use a needle and thread or the unborn baby will be tied up in the umbilical cord.

Pregnant women should not walk under a wire. If they do, the baby will be strangled in the umbilical cord. They must step on the cord instead.

Pregnant women should never look at a dead body or the baby will die.

If a pregnant woman scratches her body while yearning for something to eat, the baby will be born with a mark at that same spot and it may resemble the food the mother craved. MY UNCLE WAS BORN WITH A PATCH OF HAIR AND MY GRANNY SEH IS PORK :)

Pregnant women should not stare up at a tree or the baby will be born cross-eyed.

If a pregnant woman climbs over a fence her child will be a thief.

Birth

If you say that an infant is beautiful, he will grow ugly. Should you say he is ugly, he will grow handsome.

Children before they are able to talk understand the language of animals.

The navel string must not be allowed to fall on the floor. It must be guarded by the mother and buried in the ground between three days and a year after the birth of the child. A tree is to be planted in that spot, known as the child's navel string tree, and if it is damaged or destroyed the child must be compensated. If the property is sold a new tree must be planted for the child from the sucker of the original tree.

A baby born with a caul (the inner membrane enclosing a fetus which may be found on the baby's head at birth) will be able to see duppies (spirit of the dead) without being harmed by them.

A new mother is not to bathe or wash her hair for the first three months after delivery as her pores are believed to be open and she is very susceptible to colds. Any cracks or holes in her house are to befilled for the same reason. BABY COLD..HAHAAA

A child born during a leap year will be lucky.

A baby boy who resembles his mother will be lucky and so will a baby girl who resembles her father.

Luck

White dots on the nails and grey hair on a young person mean good luck. THAT JUST MEANS U LACK NUTRIENTS AND THAT UR STRESSED :lol:

Do not turn your hat down on a table or a bed, it will bring bad luck.

:yes:If your right eye dances you are going to laugh. If your left eye dances you will hear bad news, or something will happen that makes you cry.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200...lead/lead5.html

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bwoy Yardiewife...u good fi find all a those. only ones i can remember right now are if you put ur purse on the floor you'll go broke and if u have a family reunion, someone in the family will die soonafter

Ah mi hear dem too.

Yuh eva hear deh Rolling Calf stuff? Mek mi si if mi cyan find dat story. Perfect fi Halloween :halloween:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Also, we got packet 4, there was no instruction or anything in it but the appointment letter. I find that ludicrous, if we didn't have this site, we would have just shown up to the interview with nothing. Anyway we filled out all the forms and yesterday I read Forever-young interview experience and she said she need more than 1 copy of DS156 and 157?

I only made one copy, do we need more than 1?

Off to lunch....

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
CAN WE NOT TALK BOUT GHOSTS..I'M SHAKING I GOTTA BE HOME BY MYSELF TONITE

Hush Kimmy...yuh cyan call mi if yuh frighten. Nuttin nah do yuh tonight :no:

So yuh nah waan mi fi post bout deh rollin calf - yuh knoa dat story doan? Mek mi lef it alone fi yuh. Nuh worry yuhself.

Timeline
CAN WE NOT TALK BOUT GHOSTS..I'M SHAKING I GOTTA BE HOME BY MYSELF TONITE

Hush Kimmy...yuh cyan call mi if yuh frighten. Nuttin nah do yuh tonight :no:

So yuh nah waan mi fi post bout deh rollin calf - yuh knoa dat story doan? Mek mi lef it alone fi yuh. Nuh worry yuhself.

:yes::yes::luv:

Mi neva mean fi run yuh Kimmy :crying: Mi stop talk duppy.

:rofl: UR SOO KIND :huh:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Sunny u make me wanna be on a plane...

Me to Kimmy.

Not me - I just wanna be standing in the shadows at the airport in Baltimore....like a peeping Tom. :whistle:

How many of you ladies bawled your eyes out when he got off the plane???

Girl I did I didn't stop crying untill I got him safely :ph34r: from the Airpot. Thought they might take him back :rofl:

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.