6,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
DWL Mrs. P;

He's not feeling well and I'm in HEAT! I'm feeling better now and he's sick wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Would it be unwifely of me to just TEK it anyway.

No way Lawns!! Just jump pon it...woieeee!!! :blush:

im quite sure this could be considered TMI but hell one night me and dwayne came in from going somewhere, while i was down there and of course after a night of drinking magnum and red bull i was wide awake and ready to go, well dwaynes azz fell asleep i was :angry: enough to fight, when i realized all of him wasnt asleep....LOL... well suffice to say he woke up with a smile on his face :innocent:

You go girl!! That's what its there for. God knows we suffer enough without it when we come home.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
i have tons of photos, and a couple with me, him and his daughter. Phone receipts, and the like, i am in the process of getting the letters of intent typed and mailed by tomorrow to him so that he can sign and return to me. Morant Bay how long have you been married?

yall i cant believe we are finally moving forward and starting the process!!!!

was anyone else nervous or questioning there sanity when they mailed there packet or was preparing there packets?

We will be married two years in January the I have to fill removal of conditions in feb. Please believe I am not looking foward to it.

I had my fears like U but what's truly wonderful about a Jamican man is when he love he loves hard and U will never doubt him on that part. we have our ups and downs but we are still growing. I would love to say everyday has been beautiful but I can't but what I can say is that everday has been a blessing. He love Mr too damn sexy to work sometimes more then I do!!!!! And he's a great grand dad to my two year old grandson. I don't believe my husband can walk without my grandson on his heels. When he's bad as all two year old can be he gets tickle we Emil talks to him in patou I guess thats how U spell it!! I would not have missed this experience for the world. Oh and to hear my MOM go WHAT DID HEY SAY??? for the thousanth time :rofl:

That's nice to hear....helps us keep the faith when this gets us down.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey Rox..i was thinkin about u today

Hey Kimmy, you live in CT? I had an interview in Stamford today, trying to decide if I want to move to CT. I definatly do not like NYC... need to find a new state to pitch my tent!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Do anyone know what the process is that USIC does when they have your applicantant in hand. Do you both go thru an FBI check, state ID check with them. What else do they do with the documents, i.e verify marrage licenses.

So my question is this, I was married in JA, I have not filed my marriage here in the states, because I was informed that I did not need to file anything. Will this create a slow down of my process ?

Timeline
Im so glad i found VJ, cause honestly i dont know how i would get thru this process without the support?

Island when you going back to JA???

Ughh...I just spent the last hour working on my budget....and I left a big fat zero in the vacation column....

Honestly, I don't have a trip down on the radar. I'm still in taking-each-day-as-it-comes mode and waiting to see what happens on the 21st.

Plus I have that Disney trip coming in 10 days. My mother has paid for the hotel and passes, my grandparents bought our plane tickets and my kids have been saving every penny they have gotten since January. But it still is going to cost me something. I'm hoping my boss gives me my x-mas bonus early this year.

Hi Kimmy, how are you doing. I had to laugh at your eye doc adventure. Children always know how to put things in prospective. I'm just freaking out because my JA date is right around the coner and I still have so much to do to be gone for an entire month. What was I thinking about?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: I am totally not liking the fact that they turned DR TORRES into a lesbian on greys anatomy :angry:

I know!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
Hey roxcie , im trying not to worry myself overanalyzing every facet of every document, but im excited about it, and ready to move forward, though i do worry about him and how he will adapt and wondering how he will feel about leaving his kids , but he continually tells me no worry yuhself, so im trying not to let it stress me, i know i dont think i would be able to leave my kids and go to another country...:no:

I think its a different situation - you eat, breath and sleep your kids. Most Jamaican men have a different situation. But I understand what you are saying completely. I believe in mind over matter - if he wants to adjust fine and make the most of it, he will.

Timeline
Morantbay--

I was looking at your timeline and am amazed at how fast they are processing your K1. Who do you know at USCIS.... and can I have their number ? :yes: .

Girl U just don't know how many Emails I sent to Jamaica. I accually found out htat all my emails were answered by the same person. I did alot of begging and pleading and made alot of jokes. One time I asked if the person was he or a she because I would kiss them either way if I could get a date in December. After that email whom ever emailed me back asked if I could come in Nov they had a person to cancell and the thought about me. So I was never rude only very funny at times so I guess GOD was the person I knew.

Girl, I know that's right! Well good luck to y'all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Do anyone know what the process is that USIC does when they have your applicantant in hand. Do you both go thru an FBI check, state ID check with them. What else do they do with the documents, i.e verify marrage licenses.

So my question is this, I was married in JA, I have not filed my marriage here in the states, because I was informed that I did not need to file anything. Will this create a slow down of my process ?

No that will not create any problems...you don't have to register it in the US.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Plus it's been raining cats and dogs in JA for the last 3 days, so I'm freakin out about that. I hope it doesn't rain the entire month I am there. Their rainey season may be late this year, it might be the month of Nov. I would scream.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey Rox..i was thinkin about u today

Hey Kimmy, you live in CT? I had an interview in Stamford today, trying to decide if I want to move to CT. I definatly do not like NYC... need to find a new state to pitch my tent!

yes i am..i work in Greenwich..used to work in stamford..i say go for it it is still close to the city...the train goes directly into the city no switchin

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Hi Kimmy, how are you doing. I had to laugh at your eye doc adventure. Children always know how to put things in prospective. I'm just freaking out because my JA date is right around the coner and I still have so much to do to be gone for an entire month. What was I thinking about?

LOL - you will pull it all together in time Roxie. That's what we do as woman. And once you get on that plane, you will breath a big sigh of relief and relax. You deserve this trip and time with your hubby!

Plus it's been raining cats and dogs in JA for the last 3 days, so I'm freakin out about that. I hope it doesn't rain the entire month I am there. Their rainey season may be late this year, it might be the month of Nov. I would scream.

Nah Rox - it's raining now to get it all over with before you get there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.