SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HEY BABY GIRL..HOW DID IT GO

Morning Yards - how did you make out yesterday?

Thanks Yards. How did the oral surgeon visit go yesterday???

Thanks y'all for asking :D

It didn't go very well. They say that they could do this surgery thing for $950 (insurance doesn't cover any of it) to try to save the tooth and put on a crown but there is no guarantee it will work and based on everything it will most likely fail in the next couple months or years. Just no way of knowing. Or they can take out the tooth and call it a loss. So that is what I decided - just have them take it out. I don't have $950 to spend on something that is going to fail down the road anyways. So I go in on Tuesday (election day) and they will take out the tooth and do some sort of clean out thing to the roots cause there is infection and leave it at that. Can you believe the oral surgeon wouldn't just take the tooth out yesterday?! :angry: "sorry but we only do root canal procedures not extractions" - so back to the other dentist I go :rolleyes: This whole thing is ridiculous. I can opt to get an implant down the line if I want but those are mass expensive as well :( Luckily it is way in the back so it won't be anything visible. I can't wait for this all to be over. If I didn't like going to the dentist before I sure hate it now.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JG..NOT SURE WHAT UR REFERRING TO BUT I WILL NEVER WORK 2 JOBS..NEVER AND WILL HAVE TODDLERS FOR A COUPLE OF YRS !! THATS WHY I GIVE PROPS TO EVERYONE THAT DOES.. :thumbs:

DYUM CHICK...TELL US OW YUH REALLY FEEL!!! :lol::rofl::rofl: Can poor JG have her head back now? :lol:

How are you Guys...same way I see!! I miss ya'll!!! We are good just living life!! Ken hasn't worked in a few weeks and we are REALLY struggling...BUT our heads are up and I wouldn't have changed a THING!! The Youngs are determined to see this hard time through!!

How's things been for you guys! Shrewdie & Ton-Ton I got your PM's ...glad to see all is well and Shrewdie FINALLY yuh get through!!!! Congrats Chica!! Kimmy, how's the juggling going wid the 2 ...maybe 3?? :whistle::lol: babies??? Don't kill me I'm just joking!

Lawny, how's Marcel handling the weather? OMG-d, if Ken tells me ONE MORE TIME "It cold yah RAS!!" I am gonna scream (and it's not even that bad...YET!! :blink: )

JG, still holding it down...our Yardie trooper...how's Andre doing in the job? Glad to hear that u will be able to stop working 2 jobs soon!!

I hope and pray the rest of my Yardie fam are all good...Clairey, Jawi, Lita and the everyone else stay and be blessed!! The love is ALWAYS there although I might not stop in too much...please know you giys are NEVER far from my thoughts and prayers!!

Are we all ready for next Tuesday!?? I can't WAIT to see how all this plays out!

Love ya'll ALWAYS!!!

Gill :luv:(L)(L)

Hey Gill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

It didn't go very well. They say that they could do this surgery thing for $950 (insurance doesn't cover any of it) to try to save the tooth and put on a crown but there is no guarantee it will work and based on everything it will most likely fail in the next couple months or years. Just no way of knowing. Or they can take out the tooth and call it a loss. So that is what I decided - just have them take it out. I don't have $950 to spend on something that is going to fail down the road anyways. So I go in on Tuesday (election day) and they will take out the tooth and do some sort of clean out thing to the roots cause there is infection and leave it at that. Can you believe the oral surgeon wouldn't just take the tooth out yesterday?! :angry: "sorry but we only do root canal procedures not extractions" - so back to the other dentist I go :rolleyes: This whole thing is ridiculous. I can opt to get an implant down the line if I want but those are mass expensive as well :( Luckily it is way in the back so it won't be anything visible. I can't wait for this all to be over. If I didn't like going to the dentist before I sure hate it now.

Yardie I sharre you dental pains. For some reason they give you the run around in this country when you want to take out a tooth. I spent $1500 on a root canal and CROWN on a tooth that I asked to be REMOVED a year ealier.... I had to pay an oral surgeon to remove :angry: . Last year one of my tooth in the back kept bothering me and while I was in Jamaica the pain started up again. My uncle took me to the dentist and I had to tooth removed.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have had 2 painful and expensive root canals that ended up with the tooth being pulled a year or so later. They are both near the back and since they pulled them, no issues. If I could do it all over again, I would've just had them pulled too.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I have had 2 painful and expensive root canals that ended up with the tooth being pulled a year or so later. They are both near the back and since they pulled them, no issues. If I could do it all over again, I would've just had them pulled too.

Exactly.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Thanks Lawns and JG. I did some research and that seems to be the general consensus. You have this painful and expensive root canal procedure and pay out big bucks for a crown only to have to lose the tooth later anyways. They totally give you the runaround - it is ridiculous. Thank goodness I looked into it and basically knew the odds cause yesterday he tried everything to get me to do the RC procedure but eventually broke down and said he couldn't guarantee it and it would be risky. Why would anyone pay 1K for that. Ridiculous *kissteet* They should have told me the truth from Day 1. Now I have to fight to get my $500 back that I already paid for a crown I can't use. What they expect me to do with it. Give me my money back!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I DID THE SAME THING YAADS AND MY ISSUE NOW IS THAT THIS STUPID DENTIST FILLED A WISDOM TOOTH, I HAD NO IDEA NOW I'M WAITING (TRYIN TO GET OVER MY FEAR) AND GO HAVE THEM PULLED. TEETH WORK IS SOO EXPENSIVE IT'S CRAZY

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
I DID THE SAME THING YAADS AND MY ISSUE NOW IS THAT THIS STUPID DENTIST FILLED A WISDOM TOOTH, I HAD NO IDEA NOW I'M WAITING (TRYIN TO GET OVER MY FEAR) AND GO HAVE THEM PULLED. TEETH WORK IS SOO EXPENSIVE IT'S CRAZY

It sure is. Plus they know you are going to pay for it cause tooth pain can be excruciating. You can't ignore that kinda pain so they know they can get you with the fees cause you are desperate to get out of pain.

It sure is. Plus they know you are going to pay for it cause tooth pain can be excruciating. You can't ignore that kinda pain so they know they can get you with the fees cause you are desperate to get out of pain.

YARDS; I'd rather be in labour pains again for 29 hours than have another TOOTACHE! :crying:

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I do take a multivatimin, I think my son got me sick he came home from school last week coughing and well, he's all better, mommy is still suffering. I just warmed up my ackee and salt fish and the coworkers are PO because of the smell, I told them they better not say a damn thing (since it's the UNITED NATIONS around here). So, you know what my crazy mad rass self did....I walked the entire floor, so the smell could be EVERWHERE....

:no: You wrong for that Lawny....while I would love to work with you, I'm thankful that I don't work for you. I call that stinkyfish. Even when A eats it now he says I had stinkyfish and ackee for dinner today............

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Talk about those darn dentist and those ridiculous prices - everytime I go for my 6 month cleaning the dental assistant continues to tell me that I need to have my wisdom teeth pulled. Now mind you - they are not hurting (not at this time) - the dental assistant and dentist says they are "useless" teeth and my mouth is small and that's why my other teeth have shifted.

So on my last cleaning the discussion came up again about having them removed - I told the dentist if its free I will let him pull all four. He didn't say anything else. Makes me think he's trying to reach some "wisdom teeth" quota.

Pam

Timeline
YARDS; I'd rather be in labour pains again for 29 hours than have another TOOTACHE! :crying:

:blink: Really? Well in that case bring on the labour pains! :blush:

:no: You wrong for that Lawny....while I would love to work with you, I'm thankful that I don't work for you. I call that stinkyfish. Even when A eats it now he says I had stinkyfish and ackee for dinner today............

What Island?!?! You don't like saltfish? Dat nah right at all :no: What I wouldn't do for some ackee and saltfish or better yet some saltfish with beans and dumplings *drool*

Timeline
Talk about those darn dentist and those ridiculous prices - everytime I go for my 6 month cleaning the dental assistant continues to tell me that I need to have my wisdom teeth pulled. Now mind you - they are not hurting (not at this time) - the dental assistant and dentist says they are "useless" teeth and my mouth is small and that's why my other teeth have shifted.

So on my last cleaning the discussion came up again about having them removed - I told the dentist if its free I will let him pull all four. He didn't say anything else. Makes me think he's trying to reach some "wisdom teeth" quota.

Pam

Hi Pam :D How are you doing?

Wisdom teeth quota :rofl: You are probably right though. They try and talk you into any and everything. If it ain't broke there isn't anything to fix :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:blink: Really? Well in that case bring on the labour pains! :blush:

What Island?!?! You don't like saltfish? Dat nah right at all :no: What I wouldn't do for some ackee and saltfish or better yet some saltfish with beans and dumplings *drool*

I like saltfish...but not with ackee...yuck!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

I LOVE ACKEE AND SALTFISH....love it love it love.... and I'm bringing more with me tomorrow for breakfast.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.