Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mrs P, i mean the K1 documents, i dont know i guess i was under the impression that we needed either a passport # or copies of his passport to send in with the packet???? if i do send it off how much later before i we will need the passport??

He will need the passport when he is filling out the visa application itself and for the medical and police cert. The visa application (DS-230) I think it is will be done after your approval (NOA-2)

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
thanks tamisha that makes me feel 100% better i will tell him when i talk to him. Okay one more question, he doesnt know what a notary is....LOL.. poor thang, so i explained to him but do they do notary publics in the banks in JA and if not can someone tell me where i can guide him?

Roxcie i still have to talk dwayne thru how to open up an attachment on an email, we get to talking about scanning and sending documents, he might have a breakdown....LOL

The equivalent of a notary in Ja is a Justice of the peace or JP. they are the ones that notarize documents

Timeline
OMG, i need to get off this computer and drive my tail home, but the questions keep coming... how long after i send in this petition do i need to estimate before he needs medical and police cert. i just dont want to be rolling along smoothly and then all of a sudden its time and we still stuck on passport?? should i anticipate a couple months after sending in the petition or is it closer to the end of the process???

He will need the police cert when he drops off/sends in his visa application and he will need to get his medical only after you have received packet #4 i.e the interview appointment.

Timeline
Guess what guys....I got a date....Dec 3rd at 7:30am.....can't believe....my heart is pounding right now....

Oh J, finally. I am so happy for you. :dance::dance: It is about dyam time :yes:

Timeline
where is everyone? ( sniffling) it was like this last night :crying:

What am I?????Chopped liver :angry:

where is everyone? ( sniffling) it was like this last night :crying:

I was watching Obama. Man, he just kicked it - had me crying.

Isn't he amazing????? :thumbs:

Timeline
island im confused, i was under the impression that we could not mail off our paperwork until i had a passport number for him to put on the documents? so i couldnt file without that stuff right, or are you saying file it anyway and let them send me an RFE, with the hopes that by the time that happens we will have it straight???? shoot its been 5 going on 6 months already????? :crying:

i told him plan B was to apply for a drivers license, but who says that we can do that any quicker ( sighing)

I'm just catching up - does the G325A ask for a passport #? I don't think so because I didn't get it from A until we filled out the 2nd set of docs, which he needs for the interview. You don't really need a heck of alot of info for the inital filing.

Mrs P, i mean the K1 documents, i dont know i guess i was under the impression that we needed either a passport # or copies of his passport to send in with the packet???? if i do send it off how much later before i we will need the passport??

Honey, I'm not 100% sure, but I think he will need the passport to get his Police Certificate, and he will need it for the medical I believe as well. Someone who has gone through this recently could probably give you a better answer. I could ask Belly when I talk to him tonight. I would go ahead and mail off the documents once you get his passport photos, along with your other evidence of proof of relationship and signed forms. In the meantime, you can still be working on getting the damn passport, but at least you would have already sent off your petition.

Ditto what Mrs P said. :yes:

thanks tamisha that makes me feel 100% better i will tell him when i talk to him. Okay one more question, he doesnt know what a notary is....LOL.. poor thang, so i explained to him but do they do notary publics in the banks in JA and if not can someone tell me where i can guide him?

Roxcie i still have to talk dwayne thru how to open up an attachment on an email, we get to talking about scanning and sending documents, he might have a breakdown....LOL

Maybe this is answered...it's different there. Tell him to get it signed by a JP - he'll know that. But FYI - I didn't get either one of our letters of intent notarized and they approved it just fine. Only thing I had notarized was the affidavit of support, which you need for interview.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
OMG, i need to get off this computer and drive my tail home, but the questions keep coming... how long after i send in this petition do i need to estimate before he needs medical and police cert. i just dont want to be rolling along smoothly and then all of a sudden its time and we still stuck on passport?? should i anticipate a couple months after sending in the petition or is it closer to the end of the process???

That's what I was thinking, but as you can see we were approved in 14days for mailing in our K1 packet. So you never know! but you can always stall with sending in the DS 230 part I if you need more time.

Exactly - that's what I was chatting bout earlier. Look at us - we got NOA2 in April! That's stalling....

Guess what guys....I got a date....Dec 3rd at 7:30am.....can't believe....my heart is pounding right now....

Yeah JGAY!!!!! :thumbs: That's a very special day you know - it's my birthday!! :whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

aww claire, i dont think of you as chopped liver... sorry

OMG... my ten year old is acting a total brat right now, i swear im bout to bust his head down to the white meat and i was out today buying halloween costumes, new pjs, t shirts, jeans, shirts, etc and now we have been home all of 1 hour and he is acting like he has lost his dyam mind... someone call 911

Timeline
Sunny this is what you get to look forward too...take notes.

Why Marcel sitting in the house with 2 shirts on and 2 pajama pants plus socks...the house is WARM

Tell Marcel I feel him!! I was in the grocery store and some blasted man asked me if it was cold out. I said yes sir, it's freezing (literally as it was 32 degrees). He busts a laugh saying "it must be cuz your dressed like this is Antarctica." :angry: Cho! Out of order! My best friend told me I should've told him shut the f**k up and keep it moving!!

Timeline
He buys car fix them and then hire people to drive them as taxi, when things are slow he drives his own car as a taxi.

On my last trip, my rental car must've looked like a taxi car cuz people were trying to flag me for a ride. After a few times I thought I should pick them up and make a few bucks - at least pay for my rental car!

TL; I"m going to tell Marcel. That was the same thing he was saying to me.

What, that he thought I would do?? Well tell him that after I thought bout making a few bucks I remember Papa Marcel's warning to not pick anyone up --- so I kept it moving. :innocent: But I would've like to have been driving for free. :whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawd do yall watch americas next top model, MS JAy is too much, he has on a flowered head scarf tied to the side with a matching shirt and his MAC is matching , something else i swear, i bet he is so fun to hang with, i could have a ball with him...LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.