SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mrs P, i mean the K1 documents, i dont know i guess i was under the impression that we needed either a passport # or copies of his passport to send in with the packet???? if i do send it off how much later before i we will need the passport??

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Mrs P, i mean the K1 documents, i dont know i guess i was under the impression that we needed either a passport # or copies of his passport to send in with the packet???? if i do send it off how much later before i we will need the passport??

Honey, I'm not 100% sure, but I think he will need the passport to get his Police Certificate, and he will need it for the medical I believe as well. Someone who has gone through this recently could probably give you a better answer. I could ask Belly when I talk to him tonight. I would go ahead and mail off the documents once you get his passport photos, along with your other evidence of proof of relationship and signed forms. In the meantime, you can still be working on getting the damn passport, but at least you would have already sent off your petition.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Ladies, I had Joel to send me his passport picture via e-mail, I saved it to a CD, and took it to CVS and had them to print it out passport size.

Note; the picture was a passport picture when he had it sanned and sent via e-mail.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

thanks tamisha that makes me feel 100% better i will tell him when i talk to him. Okay one more question, he doesnt know what a notary is....LOL.. poor thang, so i explained to him but do they do notary publics in the banks in JA and if not can someone tell me where i can guide him?

Roxcie i still have to talk dwayne thru how to open up an attachment on an email, we get to talking about scanning and sending documents, he might have a breakdown....LOL

Timeline

OMG, i need to get off this computer and drive my tail home, but the questions keep coming... how long after i send in this petition do i need to estimate before he needs medical and police cert. i just dont want to be rolling along smoothly and then all of a sudden its time and we still stuck on passport?? should i anticipate a couple months after sending in the petition or is it closer to the end of the process???

Timeline
thanks tamisha that makes me feel 100% better i will tell him when i talk to him. Okay one more question, he doesnt know what a notary is....LOL.. poor thang, so i explained to him but do they do notary publics in the banks in JA and if not can someone tell me where i can guide him?

Roxcie i still have to talk dwayne thru how to open up an attachment on an email, we get to talking about scanning and sending documents, he might have a breakdown....LOL

They should have a notary at the bank, but if not, I would go down to the courthouse or wherever they keep their records (birth, death, etc) and ask if they have one there. Since alot of official business goes on there, then it would seem to me that there should be somewhere there that can notarize something. Tell 'im to get on the goodfoot! :lol:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline

roxcie he goes to different ones in the area, most of them have crappy equipment and the one guy whose cafe he was going to happen to catch pink yeye, and according to dwayne the guy may as well have had AIDS the way dwayne carried on>>>>LOL>.. he was mad cause he say the guy no go to the doctor to get it cleared up but open for business touching all over the equipment so everyone else can catch it, and he isnt missing work cause Kenny the computer guy is nasty....LOL

he has one at work that he may can use, i will ask him??

alright ladies, gotta head home, i will log back on in a bit, thanks so much for the info, i guess i am just confused about some of this process.

Timeline

Honey tell him JP he'll know what u mean then

and u know i wanna say i remember makin copies of his passport...but wait..no..that for later on

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HEY SUNNY..NICE TO SEE SOMEONE WORKIN :) ..ARE U JUMPIN OUT UR PANTS :)

LOL, I can't wait to go to sleep tonight. Friday can't come fast enough.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Honey I just look at my forms and you do not need the passport # for anything initially. You will however, need it for the DS 156 form which you don't need until you have an interview. You may want to send a copy of your passport as proof of having met in the last 2 years if you do not have ticket stubs, etc.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
OMG, i need to get off this computer and drive my tail home, but the questions keep coming... how long after i send in this petition do i need to estimate before he needs medical and police cert. i just dont want to be rolling along smoothly and then all of a sudden its time and we still stuck on passport?? should i anticipate a couple months after sending in the petition or is it closer to the end of the process???

That's what I was thinking, but as you can see we were approved in 14days for mailing in our K1 packet. So you never know! but you can always stall with sending in the DS 230 part I if you need more time.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
Alright ladies...Im off for an early dinner with my friend before going to the play. Will be back on to chat with whoever is left later!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.