Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WTH??? is no one else posting or am i just chattin to much?

lawny how you feeling?

Im bout to give yall the screw face :angry: i got a drop of juice left in mi dyam battery and no one wanna chat..CHO!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nervous as heck..the words couldn't come out..he proposed over the phone and I didn't accept until I went to JA...hehehee..so him end up affi do it twice :devil:

Awww Kashi....ow yuh torture de man so Kimmy? :devil:

jawi.. i will tell u after Jan :wub:

I can tell u bout when I knew he WANTED to marry me.

we were having some misunderstanding, and for whatever reason he was doubting my desire to continue our relationship. w/ the ex issues this happens alot...

he told me "i am upset, becuz i am in love with you Quana, and u are the person I see myself spending the rest of my life with." I was speechless and my eyes started tearing up..I will never forget that conversation.

L8r he asked if it was possible to be engaged while u were still married LOL

:yes:

Hey ladies. How did your SO propose to you? Was he very romantic or was is very matter of fact?

Not romantic at all. I kinda asked him first and he said no. He denies it to this day :wacko: Then he proposed a week later over the phone then again on our next visit....still don't remember no romance.

Too cute...funny.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

I just got done talking to Dwayne, so i was telling him i was thinking about dividing my stay up between his place and crane ridge, his azz gonna say Baby you know Crane ridge is on a hill right??? #######??? i said what you think you gonna have to roll me up the hill WHA YA TRYING TO SAY, i got all my teeth, hell i can see a little bit and two legs, why inna the hell wouldnt i be able to manage a hill. I managed that damn mountain i climbed in Steertown...LOL.. he say baby that was Nothing....:no:...LOL

I think im gonna have to mash him in the head when i see him.... dyam man!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yall please forgive me I'm experimenting with my timeline..trying to make it smaller but keep the info for newbies. Any suggestions??

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

Guess i will continue to chat with myself :whistling: since i dont wanna go back inside yet :no:

it is snowing in phocking michigan as we speak ( sorry for copyright infringement jawi) oh how i hate michigan and its cold azz weather, along with snow comes my need for a prescription for xanax, so i can drive to work, without diarrhea every day...

JA soon come :crying:

Timeline
what, he thought u were cussing him out LOL

:D be like Arnold "what u talking bout JG??" :P

No he insisted we could not have that on US money cause that was a Jamaican motto. I said, I don't think anyone has it patented or anything. It's just a motto.

He said we stole it.

So, ticked, I looked up the history.....on US money since 1795. Jamaica used it after independence. I said, you do the math.

I swear we were ready to fistfight over the issue. He was so mean about it.

I am crying real tears....waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol::lol:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Really Island!! How does it work do you buy one console that only one game can work on or can multiple games work with it? I've thought of getting one.

Mi naw know!!!! :wacko: I didn't even know which one to pick at the store - lucky the geeky guy knew everything about it. I do know that it's like a regular gaming console where you can buy multiple games to play on it.

But Yards is the expert - fill us in Chica!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
I just got done talking to Dwayne, so i was telling him i was thinking about dividing my stay up between his place and crane ridge, his azz gonna say Baby you know Crane ridge is on a hill right??? #######??? i said what you think you gonna have to roll me up the hill WHA YA TRYING TO SAY, i got all my teeth, hell i can see a little bit and two legs, why inna the hell wouldnt i be able to manage a hill. I managed that damn mountain i climbed in Steertown...LOL.. he say baby that was Nothing....:no:...LOL

That hill is no joke Honey your man is looking out for you.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
YARDIE --- I bit the bullet....I bought my kids the Wii for x-mas today on my lunch hour..... :unsure:

WOOHOO! :dance: I don't think you will regret it. The hard part will be waiting til Christmas to give it to them. If you have any questions let me know. I have done tons of research :lol:

Timeline

The hill at Crane Ridge and Skycastles/Columbus Heights is a real rude mothaphocking b*tch! Sorry for my language. I just couldn't sugar coat it. It is enough to make grown people cry. Someone I know took a nasty fall down it, and bust her head on the concrete.

I had the nerve to try to walk it in heels (stilettos of course)...midway I was barefoot and crying like a punk. The view is breathtakingingly beautiful at Skycastles/Columbus Heights...but once you are up...you will not be likely to go back down to town unless you have a driver.

Grown men that are used to climbing hills everyday in country complain about those hills. No lie. You will drop some serious weight in a matter of a couple of days trekking it though.

Good luck to you in your journey. I will keep my fat happy butt in town. :blush::hehe:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline
Really Island!! How does it work do you buy one console that only one game can work on or can multiple games work with it? I've thought of getting one.

Mi naw know!!!! :wacko: I didn't even know which one to pick at the store - lucky the geeky guy knew everything about it. I do know that it's like a regular gaming console where you can buy multiple games to play on it.

But Yards is the expert - fill us in Chica!!

You buy the console and it comes with a controller and nunchuck controller. You have to buy extra controllers separate so that more than one person can play - unless it's only you. There are TONS of games for it. Anything you can imagine - sports, racing, kids games, fighting, adventure, fitness...TONS of games. The console itself comes with 5 sports games included: Baseball, Tennis, Bowling, Boxing and Golf. Then we bought an expanded pack with a controller that had 9 extra games that help you get used to how to use the controllers - air hockey, shooting range, fishing, bullriding, billiards etc. Then you add games from there.

There is games like Mario Kart (racing) where you buy a racing wheel and put your controller into the wheel so that when you play you are using the wheel and it feels more like driving. They have Wii Fitness which has a balance board that you do exercise on and it weighs you and keeps track of your stats and things. There is all types of fitness - yoga, pilates etc. Haven't tried it but it looks really cool.

All in all I found the Wii very easy to set up (I did it by myself) and very easy and fun to play. It isn't going to get you majorly active but you definitely do get more active than any other game system. My sister has a Wii with tons of games and loves it. The only negative thing that I have found with it so far is that they *can* have a tendancy to overheat. You just have to make sure it has proper ventilation and you don't leave it running all the time or just buy this simple console holder thing that has an extra fan.

Whew...and that is my consumer review :lol:

Timeline

That hill is no joke Honey your man is looking out for you.

:yes: If you do end up having to trek that hill mountain make sure to bring good shoes!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The hill at Crane Ridge and Skycastles/Columbus Heights is a real rude mothaphocking b*tch! Sorry for my language. I just couldn't sugar coat it. It is enough to make grown people cry. Someone I know took a nasty fall down it, and bust her head on the concrete.

I had the nerve to try to walk it in heels (stilettos of course)...midway I was barefoot and crying like a punk. The view is breathtakingingly beautiful at Skycastles/Columbus Heights...but once you are up...you will not be likely to go back down to town unless you have a driver.

Grown men that are used to climbing hills everyday in country complain about those hills. No lie. You will drop some serious weight in a matter of a couple of days trekking it though.

Good luck to you in your journey. I will keep my fat happy butt in town. :blush::hehe:

I agree, and Ray refused to stay there because he said I wouldn't make it. :wacko:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.