6,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
[

Yardie anyone could go to the school as long as they had the $$$$$ and your parents contributed to functions during the school year...the school was also year round...yeah, my mom set us up when we would go back to Jamaica for the summer. It was fun though, met kids from all over the world.

my friend is always is talking about the number of hours they HAVE to work at the Catholic school.. I guess its good, it promotes parent involvement.. different from what I am used to though I wouldn't mind.. I LOVE taking off from work LOL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Maybe the university she attends here will have a study abroad program. I know my brother's university did and he went to Germany...he said it was the best thing he coud have done. It was only for a year though and then he had to come back and finish up his degree at his college. Just a thought.

Thanks. But not fresh out of HS...she's too much of a baby.

Ahhh...let her get some college out of the way and then head to Japan. Do you think she will go out of state for college or stick close to home?

Sure would be nice to have her around to help you with the little one :whistle:

Timeline
what, he thought u were cussing him out LOL

:D be like Arnold "what u talking bout JG??" :P

No he insisted we could not have that on US money cause that was a Jamaican motto. I said, I don't think anyone has it patented or anything. It's just a motto.

He said we stole it.

So, ticked, I looked up the history.....on US money since 1795. Jamaica used it after independence. I said, you do the math.

I swear we were ready to fistfight over the issue. He was so mean about it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Yardie anyone could go to the school as long as they had the $$$$$ and your parents contributed to functions during the school year...the school was also year round...yeah, my mom set us up when we would go back to Jamaica for the summer. It was fun though, met kids from all over the world.

Always gotta have the money. Sounds like a good school though. It sounds very diverse.

No he insisted we could not have that on US money cause that was a Jamaican motto. I said, I don't think anyone has it patented or anything. It's just a motto.

He said we stole it.

So, ticked, I looked up the history.....on US money since 1795. Jamaica used it after independence. I said, you do the math.

Don't you hate those kinda fights?!? Google has saved our marriage many a time :lol: Facts are facts.

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline
Quana u r hilarious..i can see ur expressions as u type :)

:thumbs: I agree. A and I always talk about the differences and I feel like JA as a whole has a better education system. Children seem to be well ahead of grade level when compared to their US counterparts (like Lawns was saying) and I really like that there is still religion taught and recognized in schools in JA. Children in JA have more respect for teachers for the most part and are much more disciplined from what I have seen. I don't have any personal experience but just from what I witnessed or have heard from some teacher friends in JA I think the JA education can be better than a US education - especially in the younger years.

:thumbs: and that's why I sent Kimora to Catholic school...

LOL..its funny my best friend say the same thing.. she lives in DC so we usually only email (u know me and this phone LOL) and she says I can HEAR u talking in ur email.. :lol:

i hear that also about the respect for authority in JA.. I wish it was better here.. Kids have no problem cursing in front of elders or not saying excuse me or not letting women take a seat on the bus.. stuff like that..

Hmmm...I see that as parent responsibility, not teachers. Kids should be taught manners when they first learn to talk.

And if you follow through with that, how do you explain the violence and disrespect for people, people's lives/personal property and police/authority in JA? (Not plugging on you Quanna, just going with the thought.)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

He said we stole it.

ohhhh I see. u crazy talking bout there is no patent on it or anything..

Timeline

Maybe the university she attends here will have a study abroad program. I know my brother's university did and he went to Germany...he said it was the best thing he coud have done. It was only for a year though and then he had to come back and finish up his degree at his college. Just a thought.

Ahhh...let her get some college out of the way and then head to Japan. Do you think she will go out of state for college or stick close to home?

No little one yet. I'll send her over there to help you and A with your 16 home schooled children :whistle:

She wants go to to Berkely (sp) University in CA. But there are so many goods schools in VA - George Mason, James Madison, VA Tech, William & Mary, Hampton U, UVA, etc.

Edited by sjb1221

Timeline
Ok since you are all talking about school and education I just had to come on here and be the proud Mom that I am. I had parent teacher conferences last night for my daughter who is in 1st grade. She got really good marks and her teacher said that she is is starting to read a second grade level. She said she is doing great in Math also and they are testing her to be in the gifted and talented program. Just wanted to share.

Congrats!! That is something to be very proud of. You should pat yourself on the back.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Hmmm...I see that as parent responsibility, not teachers. Kids should be taught manners when they first learn to talk.

And if you follow through with that, how do you explain the violence and disrespect for people, people's lives/personal property and police/authority in JA? (Not plugging on you Quanna, just going with the thought.)

No problem my gyal.. mi luv ya like cooked food!!!

Never had the experience, but alot of yardie friends say they notice that kids were more respectful in JA then here, def a parent issue, not a skool though it just came up in the skool convo HA

U make a very good point about it though..

Timeline

Always gotta have the money. Sounds like a good school though. It sounds very diverse.

He said we stole it.

Don't you hate those kinda fights?!? Google has saved our marriage many a time :lol: Facts are facts.

He must've thought he was very stubborn before. Then, he met ME! I am definately his match in that department.

"When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong" (quote from Dirty Dancing, btw). But, when I am right and I know it, look out!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No little one yet. I'll send her over there to help you and A with your 16 home schooled children :whistle:

She wants go to to Berkely (sp) University in CA. But there are so many goods schools in VA - George Mason, James Madison, VA Tech, William & Mary, Hampton U, UVA, etc.

Thats right... VA is a great state!!!!! woo hoo!!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Dillon....pretty and smart....she's going to be a handful when she gets older!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Hey ladies. How did your SO propose to you? Was he very romantic or was is very matter of fact?

My husband didn't ask me he told me!!!! That I would be Mrs White some day. We took it from there, so I guess it was very matter of fact :rofl: .

Good afternoon ladies I just dropped by to say Hi Yall doin(the southern way)

Edited by morantbaygirl

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.