SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I see Lawns..my school was Catholic as well..but based in Jamaica....

Kimmy, what colour was your uniform. I had green pleated skirts, white and green blouse and a green tie and those dread full BAGGIES we had to wear under the skirt with the elastic leg...lawd help mi.

Mine, here in the US, was Navy Blue pleated that got shorter and shorter till senior year. We had to wear a white blouse. I wore nylon gym shorts under them ever single day.

My daughter's was the ugliest gray with red and green plaid stripes and they cost a small fortune. I was so glad when they went to navy.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I wanted her to finish Spanish but her heart is in Japan.

Do you think she will be headed over there after HS?

Yeah, she wants to go to college over there. That ain't gonna happen. Maybe when she's older...grad school perhaps.

Maybe the university she attends here will have a study abroad program. I know my brother's university did and he went to Germany...he said it was the best thing he coud have done. It was only for a year though and then he had to come back and finish up his degree at his college. Just a thought.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
You talking the CXC's, JG?

Yeah, that's it. Thanks.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
men and their toys I tell ya.. the EX bought ALOT of junk, but he was a better saver of money than I..

Yardie, u are such a good wife not to go without him. I don't know if I could do it.. Would u not go on ANY trip or just not back to JA since that is his home. I know that would be a slap in the face.. i guess but u deserve a trip and if u are paying for it CHA!!!!

I would NEVER go to JA without him. That would be so disrespectful IMO. I don't think I would go on any big trip without him. We have gone on a couple weekend camping trips or overnights separately but nothing major.

Dang it wouldn't let me edit. Wanted to clarify...I would never go back to JA for the first time without him.

Timeline
Nervous as heck..the words couldn't come out..he proposed over the phone and I didn't accept until I went to JA...hehehee..so him end up affi do it twice :devil:

How yuh so wicked :devil: Poor Kashi :lol:

yeah mon.. obviously kashi love dat crazy ooman he got.. nuh answa till u see him face to face huh, how long did it take for u to get back to JA?? LOL

Timeline
I wanted her to finish Spanish but her heart is in Japan.

Do you think she will be headed over there after HS?

Yeah, she wants to go to college over there. That ain't gonna happen. Maybe when she's older...grad school perhaps.

Maybe the university she attends here will have a study abroad program. I know my brother's university did and he went to Germany...he said it was the best thing he coud have done. It was only for a year though and then he had to come back and finish up his degree at his college. Just a thought.

Thanks. But not fresh out of HS...she's too much of a baby.

Congrats to your baby girl.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sjb and Sunny....it's so darn windy outside. Felt like my teeth were going to blow out my mout.

I heard. It's been real ugly out the last few days. I hope my honey brings some sunshine with him from Jamaica. He's at the beach having a swim without me. :blush:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Ok since you are all talking about school and education I just had to come on here and be the proud Mom that I am. I had parent teacher conferences last night for my daughter who is in 1st grade. She got really good marks and her teacher said that she is is starting to read a second grade level. She said she is doing great in Math also and they are testing her to be in the gifted and talented program. Just wanted to share.

Congratulations.. that is excellent, she deserves a banana split w/ whipped cream and sprinkles!!

Timeline
men and their toys I tell ya.. the EX bought ALOT of junk, but he was a better saver of money than I..

Yardie, u are such a good wife not to go without him. I don't know if I could do it.. Would u not go on ANY trip or just not back to JA since that is his home. I know that would be a slap in the face.. i guess but u deserve a trip and if u are paying for it CHA!!!!

I would NEVER go to JA without him. That would be so disrespectful IMO. I don't think I would go on any big trip without him. We have gone on a couple weekend camping trips or overnights separately but nothing major.

Dang it wouldn't let me edit. Wanted to clarify...I would never go back to JA for the first time without him.

I agree.

Filed: Timeline
why won't people tell each other when they got something hanging out their nose or other parts of their body....

What other part of the body are you talking about?

things hanging from their nose or back roll hanging out because the blouse is hitch up in the bra strap...

Yardie anyone could go to the school as long as they had the $$$$$ and your parents contributed to functions during the school year...the school was also year round...yeah, my mom set us up when we would go back to Jamaica for the summer. It was fun though, met kids from all over the world.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
They still teach Latin in school? I would love to learn Latin. You hear it so much in Church history. It would be interesting for me. Maybe I should take one of those internet courses to learn it.

That is good they teach the little ones spanish now.. maybe it will be easier to maintain the knowledge.. 'Dora the explora helps too

i went to a health professions high school so I think that is they only reason I had to learn Latin, to help in medical terminology and such..

Go for it JG!!! i think I 've seen Roxie type in Latin,

Edited by dancehallquana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok since you are all talking about school and education I just had to come on here and be the proud Mom that I am. I had parent teacher conferences last night for my daughter who is in 1st grade. She got really good marks and her teacher said that she is is starting to read a second grade level. She said she is doing great in Math also and they are testing her to be in the gifted and talented program. Just wanted to share.

Congratulations.. that is excellent, she deserves a banana split w/ whipped cream and sprinkles!!

LMAO.... That is awsome news Dillon. Give her a :thumbs: from the yardie fam.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL! She got a chocolate shake and 3 new books.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
They still teach Latin in school? I would love to learn Latin. You hear it so much in Church history. It would be interesting for me. Maybe I should take one of those internet courses to learn it.

That is good they teach the little ones spanish now.. maybe it will be easier to maintain the knowledge.. 'Dora the explora helps too

i went to a health professions high school so I think that is they only reason I had to learn Latin, to help in medical terminology and such..

Go for it JG!!! i think I 've seen Roxie type in Latin,

I got into a fight with my husband cause I said E Pluribus Unum meant out of many, one.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.