SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok since you are all talking about school and education I just had to come on here and be the proud Mom that I am. I had parent teacher conferences last night for my daughter who is in 1st grade. She got really good marks and her teacher said that she is is starting to read a second grade level. She said she is doing great in Math also and they are testing her to be in the gifted and talented program. Just wanted to share.

How wonderful Dillon :thumbs: You have every reason to be proud :star:

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
why won't people tell each other when they got something hanging out their nose or other parts of their body....

:rofl: Did you tell them or was it you that had something hanging?

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Common Entrance ..and NO!! thats just an exam..u pick schools and take the exam and the ppl that got the highest scores get picked 1st for those schools..and if there are any spaces left..other children can take the exam at the school to see if the qualify..but HS is very expensive so I went to my HS where I lived education just the same just my mother couldn't afford sending me to one of those schools..

And i mentioned AP classes b/c it seems they're the only ones that get challenged..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Quana u r hilarious..i can see ur expressions as u type :)

:thumbs: I agree. A and I always talk about the differences and I feel like JA as a whole has a better education system. Children seem to be well ahead of grade level when compared to their US counterparts (like Lawns was saying) and I really like that there is still religion taught and recognized in schools in JA. Children in JA have more respect for teachers for the most part and are much more disciplined from what I have seen. I don't have any personal experience but just from what I witnessed or have heard from some teacher friends in JA I think the JA education can be better than a US education - especially in the younger years.

:thumbs: and that's why I sent Kimora to Catholic school...

My kids used to go to a Catholic school when they were very young. They have been in public schools for the last 5 years. We are Catholic so they have taken all the schooling along the way through Church.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
but Yaads like yuh seh if him did waan go back him woulda..afta yuh no tie him up inna di basement..

Deh truth yuh a chat :yes:

Well mi nah tie him up inna di basement pon weekdays at least :devil::rofl:

ahhhahaa..u freak !!! :devil:

Who? Not me! :no::devil::blush:

Timeline
but Yaads like yuh seh if him did waan go back him woulda..afta yuh no tie him up inna di basement..

Deh truth yuh a chat :yes:

Well mi nah tie him up inna di basement pon weekdays at least :devil::rofl:

men and their toys I tell ya.. the EX bought ALOT of junk, but he was a better saver of money than I..

Yardie, u are such a good wife not to go without him. I don't know if I could do it.. Would u not go on ANY trip or just not back to JA since that is his home. I know that would be a slap in the face.. i guess but u deserve a trip and if u are paying for it CHA!!!!

Damien and I have taken a few short seperate trips...we didn't have issues. We are both responsible...well he is more than I am :innocent: when it comes to money.

I went to Jamica three times without him - first trip was pre-planned a year in advance and he changed his mind at the last minute. Second trip my cousin and I took our daughters for "girls trip" and the third trip was free so I couldn't pass that up. Of course, I got his approval before each trip. All three were 4 day trips. The good thing was that I got to spend valuable time with his family. BUT I WILL NEVER GO AGAIN WITHOUT HIM....it just felt strange.

Timeline
:thumbs: I agree. A and I always talk about the differences and I feel like JA as a whole has a better education system. Children seem to be well ahead of grade level when compared to their US counterparts (like Lawns was saying) and I really like that there is still religion taught and recognized in schools in JA. Children in JA have more respect for teachers for the most part and are much more disciplined from what I have seen. I don't have any personal experience but just from what I witnessed or have heard from some teacher friends in JA I think the JA education can be better than a US education - especially in the younger years.

:thumbs: and that's why I sent Kimora to Catholic school...

:thumbs: and that is why we will be homeschooling :yes:

CHO..mek ya breed 2MORO den chile ca patience nuh get better wid age!!

Timeline
Hey ladies. How did your SO propose to you? Was he very romantic or was is very matter of fact?

We walked down to the end of the airport and he made me sit out over the water on one of those lights that guide the planes in at night. He whipped out a ring and asked. It was sweet. We went back and had some champagne with the family and friends we left at the house.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
That is fabulous Yaads...mi give it to yuh..mi no ave dat dere patience..no sah..mi wi pay smaddy fi do a good job..hehehee..i'll probably fail miserably

After my schooling experience, my siblings and all the stories I hear from my mom who works in the school system - I wouldn't have it any other way. At least not around here and these schools. I would move far away before sending them to our public schools.

Timeline
men and their toys I tell ya.. the EX bought ALOT of junk, but he was a better saver of money than I..

Yardie, u are such a good wife not to go without him. I don't know if I could do it.. Would u not go on ANY trip or just not back to JA since that is his home. I know that would be a slap in the face.. i guess but u deserve a trip and if u are paying for it CHA!!!!

I would NEVER go to JA without him. That would be so disrespectful IMO. I don't think I would go on any big trip without him. We have gone on a couple weekend camping trips or overnights separately but nothing major.

Timeline
I wanted her to finish Spanish but her heart is in Japan.

Do you think she will be headed over there after HS?

Yeah, she wants to go to college over there. That ain't gonna happen. Maybe when she's older...grad school perhaps.

Timeline
why won't people tell each other when they got something hanging out their nose or other parts of their body....

What other part of the body are you talking about?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
The Private school I went to in Jamaica was a Catholic School...they were so strict. We couldn't speak PATWAH at all. The school was ran by some church organization from England.

Wow :blink: That is strict. Did you have to be a part of the church to attend?

Quana..my husband not going nowhere w/o me or me w/o him...until ours girls are old enough..dat woulda be one pisa headache..no sah!

definately not something I would practice, I am so old fashioned, I want to do everything w/ my husband,I've paid for many a trip or outing but like the ladies said that ish get OLD.. but how long do u wait if he is not budging??

Forever :crying:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The Private school I went to in Jamaica was a Catholic School...they were so strict. We couldn't speak PATWAH at all. The school was ran by some church organization from England.

Wow :blink: That is strict. Did you have to be a part of the church to attend?

I couldn't go to our sports day cause my hair was out..instead of in a ponytail..I WAS PISSSEEDDDD !!!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.